Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Ownership, Management & Coaching
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2017, 11:59 AM
Hall of Famer

Oy vey.
Latin.
SMH.
We have enough problems with French around here.
Spanish is cool though.
So...
¡qué lástima!
Old 08-24-2017, 12:02 PM
<< . . . . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
Ruh-Roh.

To the woodshed ?
I got me a VerMeer tub grinder. (grinds wood, not tubs).

Forest to mulch pile in about 45 seconds. . . . . . . . .
Old 08-24-2017, 12:05 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post
I got me a VerMeer tub grinder. (grinds wood, not tubs).

Forest to mulch pile in about 45 seconds. . . . . . . . .

Old 08-24-2017, 12:08 PM
Moderator of Delusions

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFboltfan View Post
Depends on the topic... You're being non sequitur. You can say attendance during the preseason games for the other NFL teams is lower all you want, but Stub Hub is the only one with a fraction of the seating capacity of those other stadiums. The argument is flawed and irrelevant.

Based on the attendance rates of your comparison, Stub Hub would be full to the brim. Its not... A professional NFL team with any kind of relevant fanbase should sell out Stub Hub 100% of the time.

Am I wrong?
Yes. for PS games.
Whether its a 60K seat or a 30K seat if only 50% show up then the numbers would be 30 and 15. Especially considering that a large number of the season ticket holders are from SD.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The best Offense is a good Defense.
Old 08-24-2017, 03:02 PM
Thank you CMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post
Yes, you are. (It did sell out -- and actual fannies in seats looked about the same overall number as some of the other NFL venues last weekend).

The bolded made me laugh, though.
Fair enough.

I totally just learned that word today!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-24-2017, 03:18 PM
Hall of Famer

Putzmeister > VerMeer ...
Old 08-24-2017, 03:30 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCPB View Post
http://thebiglead.com/2017/08/15/the...n-los-angeles/

I agree that the team won't be loved the same way it was in San Diego.
Excellent article. Probably quite accurate as well.
Old 08-24-2017, 03:41 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Bolted View Post
Especially considering that a large number of the season ticket holders are from SD.
TB, if a large number of season ticket holders are from San Diego, that does not bode well. Where are all those LA/Orange County fans that Spanos boasted of? If the Chargers are as lousy this year as they have been the last two years, those SD season ticket holders for sure won't make that long drive to Carson. Like they did in SD after the season turned bad, they will sell off their tickets, which will translate into even more opposing fans in that cracker box.
Old 09-05-2017, 10:55 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by glutton4Bolts View Post
A ton of it... what's worse?... Well, if the Bolts win 10 or 11 games (my official prediction is 11-5)... then a lot of the Trolls will try to conveniently assimilate back into fandom... but if the Bolts actually get hit by injuries again and our new HC can't motivate his players to stop choking in the 4th then this forum is going to be just as bad as the SD Union Tribune Charger Forum... just a place for bitter people to hang out and get each other to chuckle with one lame Spanos joke after another...
Am I bitter? I would call it more pissed off than bitter. Pissed off at the way this franchise has been handled for the last couple decades. Pissed off at the fact that the current ownership seems to be more concerned with putting money in their pockets, than winning championships. Pissed off at the last home game in San Diego I flew from my hometown of Denver to watch, I actually got shushed for cheering too loud by the "fans" that were more into eating their seafood nachos, than rooting for their team. Pissed off that the team I've loved since I was 4 years old, is now playing at what is nothing more than a large high school field, in Los Angeles... Sharing it no less.

Yeah, maybe I am a little bitter. But I think it has validity.

Last edited by perryao; 09-05-2017 at 02:03 PM.. Reason: Careful with the expletive substitutes... Moved to relavent thread
Old 09-05-2017, 12:12 PM
glutton for punishment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar Mark View Post
Am I bitter? I would call it more pissed off than bitter. Pissed off at the way this franchise has been handled for the last couple decades. Pissed off at the fact that the current ownership seems to be more concerned with putting money in their pockets, than winning championships. Pissed off at the last home game in San Diego I flew from my hometown of Denver to watch, I actually got shushed for cheering too loud by the "fans" that were more into eating their seafood nachos, than rooting for their team. Pissed off that the team I've loved since I was 4 years old, is now playing at what is nothing more than a large high school field, in Los Angeles... Sharing it no less.

Yeah, maybe I am a little bitter. But I think it has validity.
I've said it before and I'll say it again... I was bitter for so long after watching this team choke away a championship against the Patriots... and then proceed to wither into mediocrity and finally the cellar in the AFC West. I too was born and raised in SD and watched the games in and out of the Murph religiously. I took all the pain and wrapped it into my work week, relationships and overall perspective on life. It got me nowhere. It took the death of my father to really wake me up to it... You see, he was with me through all of it and never got to see the Bolts get over the hump.... yet it all seemed so small in the end. I am not saying that your bitterness is at the level mine was... but it was liberating to let it go. When the decision to move came down, I was disappointed... but had already had several years of practice at distancing myself with respect to the strength of my team.... it is a good thing I did... because we have surely sucked over the past two seasons. But I can watch now with my sons w/o freaking out... if we lose, then I do my best to ignore the forum and radio pundits for at least 3 days while I reset.... then on Thur I get back on my horse and root for the next one.

glutton for punishment.... glutton4Bolts

Last edited by chargertom; 09-30-2017 at 07:30 PM..