Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Ownership, Management & Coaching
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2016, 09:02 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerro619 View Post
For many years prior, what has been done with the Stadium talks. It was reported many times the Chargers were going elsewhere. Houston rings a bell. It was until there was proof about Carson that the City officials really started working.

And now there is an answer as far as the vote. If they leave im done, but i do understand why. They are not pulling an Art Modell. So he isnt the sole reason why. Thank the voters and the city officials.
And my Grand Grand plan for Mod level work has finally come home.

Genius. Actually.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-06-2016, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post

Genius. Actually.
Your grand plan means diddly squat. Now go back and keep getting schooled by Chopper.
Old 12-06-2016, 12:40 PM
Power of 51

Quote:
Your grand plan means diddly squat. Now go back and keep getting schooled by Chopper.
Whom is schooling whom sir ?

Bias much ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-06-2016, 12:42 PM
Hall of Famer

Honestly partaking of this thread (that is to say, expressing an honest opinion) is an invitation to get banned. That said, I admire the passion of Rivers2Gates49 on this issue, and I essentially agree: moving the team is destroying a tradition of San Diego football, and yes, it is not something most Chargers fans like. Some of the North County types are essentially saying, "Ho hum. I'll turn my car North instead of South".

There is a certain essence of non-jerkiness (i.e., the quality of not being a jerk) to San Diego fans. I saw it years ago at a Padres game: a guy with a 49ers jersey and an Atlanta Braves cap was shouting abuse at the San Diego dugout.
Four construction workers are seated a few rows up. "Shall we beat him up?"
"No! He's got a right to an opinion!" In other words, the First Amendment and sweet reason prevailed. L.A. fans? That's another species...
Old 12-06-2016, 03:20 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post

Genius. Actually.
Hi Freak!

Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 12-06-2016, 09:23 PM

Quote:
For many years prior, what has been done with the Stadium talks. It was reported many times the Chargers were going elsewhere. Houston rings a bell. It was until there was proof about Carson that the City officials really started working.

And now there is an answer as far as the vote. If they leave im done, but i do understand why. They are not pulling an Art Modell. So he isnt the sole reason why. Thank the voters and the city officials.
I don't blame the voters for shooting down Prop C. It was a tortured proposition that wasn't expected to pass anyway. And I get the argument about incompetent politicians. But that's not an excuse. We all know politicians are inherently incompetent.

Spanos doesn't care about our city and our team the way we do. He doesn't have the emotional investment that we do. He is a businessman, and the Chargers are an asset. An asset designed to build him as much wealth as possible. I get that he needs to turn a profit, but there are ways for him to turn a profit while still preserving the history of the San Diego Chargers and keeping them here. Will he turn as much of a profit here? Looking at the numbers and the potential in LA, probably not. But it isn't as though he is going to starve if he keeps our team here.

He's all about the almighty buck, just like every other despicable sports franchise owner. So from that aspect, he isn't unique. But that still means I am going to hate him for ripping our hearts out.

Oh, and there was that whole thing about keeping Norv Turner here for six seasons. I also hate him for that.

Last edited by Rivers2Gates49; 12-06-2016 at 09:29 PM..
Old 12-06-2016, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivers2Gates49 View Post
I don't blame the voters for shooting down Prop C. It was a tortured proposition that wasn't expected to pass anyway. And I get the argument about incompetent politicians. But that's not an excuse. We all know politicians are inherently incompetent.

Spanos doesn't care about our city and our team the way we do. He doesn't have the emotional investment that we do. He is a businessman, and the Chargers are an asset. An asset designed to build him as much wealth as possible. I get that he needs to turn a profit, but there are ways for him to turn a profit while still preserving the history of the San Diego Chargers and keeping them here. Will he turn as much of a profit here? Looking at the numbers and the potential in LA, probably not. But it isn't as though he is going to starve if he keeps our team here.

He's all about the almighty buck, just like every other despicable sports franchise owner. So from that aspect, he isn't unique. But that still means I am going to hate him for ripping our hearts out.

Oh, and there was that whole thing about keeping Norv Turner here for six seasons. I also hate him for that.
If he didnt care, he would have left years ago. Guess you didnt read in the stadium thread. He hasn't left. You do know he donates alot to the city as far as charities. The Chargers blood drive, helping out in high schools. So you are wrong in that avenue. Not one moving truck has left. He lives here. This is his city as it is mine.

And again you keep disregarding the Modell comment. How would you feel if you were a Browns fan. You would have screamed bloody murder.
Old 12-06-2016, 10:26 PM

Quote:
If he didnt care, he would have left years ago. Guess you didnt read in the stadium thread. He hasn't left. You do know he donates alot to the city as far as charities. The Chargers blood drive, helping out in high schools. So you are wrong in that avenue. Not one moving truck has left. He lives here. This is his city as it is mine.

And again you keep disregarding the Modell comment. How would you feel if you were a Browns fan. You would have screamed bloody murder.
The moving trucks haven't left because Spanos got hosed on the LA deal last year. If he had gotten what he wanted out of that deal, the bags would have been packed and the team would have been out of here last year.

So let's not pretend like this guy is being noble. He wanted to be out of here last year, but he got spit on by Kroenke. But it only delayed the inevitable.

This time next month, we'll no longer have our team.

Last edited by guerro619; 12-07-2016 at 02:45 AM..
Old 12-07-2016, 07:43 AM
Moderator of Delusions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivers2Gates49 View Post
The moving trucks haven't left because Spanos got hosed on the LA deal last year. If he had gotten what he wanted out of that deal, the bags would have been packed and the team would have been out of here last year.

So let's not pretend like this guy is being noble. He wanted to be out of here last year, but he got spit on by Kroenke. But it only delayed the inevitable.

This time next month, we'll no longer have our team.
Wrong again. Spanos is a San Diegan as much as you are. IF all he cared about was the buck, he'd be in LA. Period. The value of the Bolts would double overnight.

The best Offense is a good Defense.
Old 12-07-2016, 08:03 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Bolted View Post
Wrong again. Spanos is a San Diegan as much as you are. IF all he cared about was the buck, he'd be in LA. Period. The value of the Bolts would double overnight.
Spanos cares about the dollar, don't be foolish. Spanos' first priority would be a new stadium in SD on terms he likes (which translates to dollars), lacking that, he will seek out the best (read profitable) deal possible for his organization. LA, Las Vegas, San Antonio.....wherever it is found.