Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Bolt News
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2017, 12:17 PM
Destroy the opposition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricgold View Post
That could be okay, gotta see what the Chargers do these first two years? If they fall flat on their face, and SD comes through with a new downtown state of the art stadium, then why not. To me it sounds mostly like fairy tales tho. Measure C was there, if I was in SD when the opportunity was there as a true blue Chargers fan I would of been marching in the streets to keep my team no matter what. People were just so turned off by the politicians, and Dean they just didn't care enough. My point was always the Chargers will go on after the Spanos.. No one it seems really could ever look past that in the big picture.
after paying the relocation fee twice to move back? that would cost almost as much as the stadium itself unless the fee got waived which would be awesome i will admit.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-18-2017, 12:18 PM
Blame Butts for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricgold View Post
That could be okay, gotta see what the Chargers do these first two years? If they fall flat on their face, and SD comes through with a new downtown state of the art stadium, then why not. To me it sounds mostly like fairy tales tho. Measure C was there, if I was in SD when the opportunity was there as a true blue Chargers fan I would of been marching in the streets to keep my team no matter what. People were just so turned off by the politicians, and Dean they just didn't care enough. My point was always the Chargers will go on after the Spanos.. No one it seems really could ever look past that in the big picture.
re:first bolded - imo, the spanos hate is stronger than the charger love in SD. so unless the chargers have a new owner, i don't see the chargers ever TRYING coming back, even after 2 bad years in LA.

re:second bolded - agreed. sad but true.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ASAP
Old 01-18-2017, 01:16 PM
Electric Glide Offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC-SBV-1D View Post
re:first bolded - imo, the spanos hate is stronger than the charger love in SD. so unless the chargers have a new owner, i don't see the chargers ever TRYING coming back, even after 2 bad years in LA.

re:second bolded - agreed. sad but true.
Have you seen the hate they've got in LA? 1st day announcing to move there and they've got tons of hate in LA. Producing 2 bad years in LA? Don't be surprised if Spanos comes knocking on SD's door.

#FightformyOldRoomback!!
Old 01-18-2017, 01:29 PM
Blame Butts for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK46um View Post
Have you seen the hate they've got in LA? 1st day announcing to move there and they've got tons of hate in LA. Producing 2 bad years in LA? Don't be surprised if Spanos comes knocking on SD's door.

#FightformyOldRoomback!!
I see him selling before that.
but I am holding out a tiny bit of hope that somehow
someway
the chargers find themselves back in SD down the road.
don't think its impossible.
if you thought the Rams moving back to LA had momentum
that'll be nothing compared to a new owner moving the Chargers back to SD.

ASAP
Old 01-18-2017, 01:32 PM
Electric Glide Offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC-SBV-1D View Post
I see him selling before that.
but I am holding out a tiny bit of hope that somehow
someway
the chargers find themselves back in SD down the road.
don't think its impossible.
if you thought the Rams moving back to LA had momentum
that'll be nothing compared to a new owner moving the Chargers back to SD.
LA's track record of NFL teams is on your side. On OUR side. The probability of LA not capable of supporting 2 teams is real. Of those 2 aint no way the Rams leaves, not after building a new stadium which leaves the Chargers as the one to leave. San Diego would welcome it back Spanos or not.
Old 01-18-2017, 02:21 PM
Blame Butts for me

Quote:
LA's track record of NFL teams is on your side. On OUR side. The probability of LA not capable of supporting 2 teams is real. Of those 2 aint no way the Rams leaves, not after building a new stadium which leaves the Chargers as the one to leave. San Diego would welcome it back Spanos or not.
I'm confused, what side am i on?
jk

i agree with just about everything
except the bolded
I'm telling you, the hate is real
if you believe most charger fans in SD are "casual"
so cheering on a losing team is nothing compared to the fun these fans have HATING a team/owner.

point is, imo casual SD charger fans would rather hate-watch the chargers if they ever came back with spanos, than support them.

ASAP
Old 01-18-2017, 08:52 PM
<< . . . . . . .

Quote:

#FightformyOldRoomback!!
Chargers been killin' it though yesterday and today in LA.

If they win, especially before the Rams, they will be able to establish a foundation for staying.
Old 01-18-2017, 09:14 PM
Moderator of Insanity

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...118-story.html
Quote:
So much change for the Chargers has transpired this month, between the New Year’s Day dismissal of Mike McCoy as head coach, the Jan. 12 relocation from San Diego to Los Angeles and the Jan. 13 official hiring of Anthony Lynn as McCoy’s replacement.

The team’s uniforms will not follow suit.

Not yet, anyway.

No immediate changes will be made to the Chargers’ game-day attire, a team official said this week. During the next two seasons, the same uniforms donned in San Diego will be worn at the StubHub Center in Carson.
Old 01-18-2017, 09:19 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefenseWins View Post
Only other thing I've read is that once in the new stadium, they are considering wearing the powder blues full time, and wearing the Coryell era throwbacks as their alternates.

Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 01-18-2017, 09:23 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
Only other thing I've read is that once in the new stadium, they are considering wearing the powder blues full time, and wearing the Coryell era throwbacks as their alternates.
Well, that would be really awesome. Love the Coryell era unis. And powder blues full time (and hopefully go back to the Alworth era yellow pants as well) would be a nice improvement over the navy blue, which is too dark for my taste.