Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Quarterback Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 10-05-2017, 03:48 PM
yamaha123's Avatar
yamaha123 yamaha123 is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: san deigo
Posts: 560
Default

0-4 and team cannot run the ball or stop the run...

This team will be no better than 3-13 unfortunately-

You can either demand a trade or retire... He is too nice to demand a trade, so retire already..
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-06-2017, 10:57 AM
Eskimo Fabio's Avatar
Eskimo Fabio Eskimo Fabio is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Anchorage
Posts: 1,614
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
Last week he had 347 yards 2 TD's and a QBR of 105.9.

Please have the dignity to give it to interception Pick Master Jones ?!?!?!?!
Hahahahahaha yes
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-08-2017, 06:10 PM
jubei's Avatar
jubei jubei is offline
vagabond ninja
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 3,669
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar Mark View Post
Can you??? Okay, GO!

I expect no less than literally millions...
go count his bank account and see how many $'s you can count. and then add his fam of 10 to it. there's your millions
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-09-2017, 10:15 PM
Satcong_21's Avatar
Satcong_21 Satcong_21 is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: SD
Posts: 1,419
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaha123 View Post
He is a better man, but it is to his own detriment that he stuck around..
I would stick around too because I am able to live in SoCal and if I am the perennial starting NFL QB making top 5 salaries...And best, if I throw 3 picks in a game, most fans will blame my linemen and I am still the starting season after season....
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-10-2017, 03:30 AM
Chargerfreak's Avatar
Chargerfreak Chargerfreak is online now
Power of 51
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Intersection of Vodka and Tonic
Posts: 33,554
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satcong_21 View Post
I would stick around too because I am able to live in SoCal and if I am the perennial starting NFL QB making top 5 salaries...And best, if I throw 3 picks in a game, most fans will blame my linemen and I am still the starting season after season....
eh, its a living I guess.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-10-2017, 09:30 AM
The Moekid's Avatar
The Moekid The Moekid is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 38,400
Default

Right on point, Sam Farmer of the LA times

https://www.google.com/amp/www.latim...story,amp.html
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-10-2017, 03:17 PM
dtm's Avatar
dtm dtm is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: orange
Posts: 4,714
Default

big ben is definitely the winner here, thanks to his elite organization.

i dont think they will retire, i think they gonna play until they're payton manning washed up. i dont see them leaving millions on the table. they're all serviceable and arguably better than 15-20 QB starters currently. No team/GM/Coach wants to go thru a QB turmoil, so they should keep them.

funny thing, none of these franchises are geared up or prepared for having these 3 QB's retire. They're all in trouble
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-10-2017, 03:18 PM
dtm's Avatar
dtm dtm is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: orange
Posts: 4,714
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
Right on point, Sam Farmer of the LA times

https://www.google.com/amp/www.latim...story,amp.html
i think it's stupid to make a statement like that after 5 games. Goff was HORRIBLE just a few months ago. NFL is land of overreaction.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-10-2017, 04:01 PM
The Moekid's Avatar
The Moekid The Moekid is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 38,400
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtm View Post
i think it's stupid to make a statement like that after 5 games. Goff was HORRIBLE just a few months ago. NFL is land of overreaction.
You must not have read the article.

Young quarterbacks all over the NFL are thriving — Deshaun Watson, Carson Wentz, Jared Goff, Dak Prescott.
Several quarterbacks in their 30s seem to be heading in the other direction — Ben Roethlisberger, Carson Palmer, Philip Rivers, Eli Manning, Jay Cutler.
With one group, we’re counting the touchdowns. With the other, we’re counting the days.
This could all change, as the regular season isn’t even at the midway point. But through five weeks, it has been a young man’s game.
It’s always perilous to make sweeping statements, especially about quarterback play, as their ability to rebound from bad games is one of the aspects that has made these seasoned veterans so good.
So when Pittsburgh’s Roethlisberger sarcastically says, as he did last weekend after his career-worst five interceptions against Jacksonville, “Maybe I don’t have it anymore,” brace yourself for a bounce-back game.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-10-2017, 04:21 PM
dtm's Avatar
dtm dtm is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: orange
Posts: 4,714
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
You must not have read the article.

Young quarterbacks all over the NFL are thriving — Deshaun Watson, Carson Wentz, Jared Goff, Dak Prescott.
Several quarterbacks in their 30s seem to be heading in the other direction — Ben Roethlisberger, Carson Palmer, Philip Rivers, Eli Manning, Jay Cutler.
With one group, we’re counting the touchdowns. With the other, we’re counting the days.
This could all change, as the regular season isn’t even at the midway point. But through five weeks, it has been a young man’s game.
It’s always perilous to make sweeping statements, especially about quarterback play, as their ability to rebound from bad games is one of the aspects that has made these seasoned veterans so good.
So when Pittsburgh’s Roethlisberger sarcastically says, as he did last weekend after his career-worst five interceptions against Jacksonville, “Maybe I don’t have it anymore,” brace yourself for a bounce-back game.
honestly, who reads a full article in this day and age? too much ADD. But still... those guys have only played a handful of games, and the article doesnt talk Rodgers, Bryant, Brady for instance. and there's hella horrible young QB's as well... anyway, it's part of the football season to debate and be outraged and make silly statements
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:02 AM.


© 2018 Los Angeles Chargers. All Rights Reserved.