Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Quarterback Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2017, 03:48 PM
Veteran

0-4 and team cannot run the ball or stop the run...

This team will be no better than 3-13 unfortunately-

You can either demand a trade or retire... He is too nice to demand a trade, so retire already..
Old 10-06-2017, 10:57 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
Last week he had 347 yards 2 TD's and a QBR of 105.9.

Please have the dignity to give it to interception Pick Master Jones ?!?!?!?!
Hahahahahaha yes
Old 10-08-2017, 06:10 PM
vagabond ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar Mark View Post
Can you??? Okay, GO!

I expect no less than literally millions...
go count his bank account and see how many $'s you can count. and then add his fam of 10 to it. there's your millions
Old 10-09-2017, 10:15 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaha123 View Post
He is a better man, but it is to his own detriment that he stuck around..
I would stick around too because I am able to live in SoCal and if I am the perennial starting NFL QB making top 5 salaries...And best, if I throw 3 picks in a game, most fans will blame my linemen and I am still the starting season after season....
Old 10-10-2017, 03:30 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satcong_21 View Post
I would stick around too because I am able to live in SoCal and if I am the perennial starting NFL QB making top 5 salaries...And best, if I throw 3 picks in a game, most fans will blame my linemen and I am still the starting season after season....
eh, its a living I guess.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-10-2017, 09:30 AM
Hall of Famer

Right on point, Sam Farmer of the LA times

https://www.google.com/amp/www.latim...story,amp.html
Old 10-10-2017, 03:17 PM
Hall of Famer

big ben is definitely the winner here, thanks to his elite organization.

i dont think they will retire, i think they gonna play until they're payton manning washed up. i dont see them leaving millions on the table. they're all serviceable and arguably better than 15-20 QB starters currently. No team/GM/Coach wants to go thru a QB turmoil, so they should keep them.

funny thing, none of these franchises are geared up or prepared for having these 3 QB's retire. They're all in trouble

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-10-2017, 03:18 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
Right on point, Sam Farmer of the LA times

https://www.google.com/amp/www.latim...story,amp.html
i think it's stupid to make a statement like that after 5 games. Goff was HORRIBLE just a few months ago. NFL is land of overreaction.

Old 10-10-2017, 04:01 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtm View Post
i think it's stupid to make a statement like that after 5 games. Goff was HORRIBLE just a few months ago. NFL is land of overreaction.
You must not have read the article.

Young quarterbacks all over the NFL are thriving — Deshaun Watson, Carson Wentz, Jared Goff, Dak Prescott.
Several quarterbacks in their 30s seem to be heading in the other direction — Ben Roethlisberger, Carson Palmer, Philip Rivers, Eli Manning, Jay Cutler.
With one group, we’re counting the touchdowns. With the other, we’re counting the days.
This could all change, as the regular season isn’t even at the midway point. But through five weeks, it has been a young man’s game.
It’s always perilous to make sweeping statements, especially about quarterback play, as their ability to rebound from bad games is one of the aspects that has made these seasoned veterans so good.
So when Pittsburgh’s Roethlisberger sarcastically says, as he did last weekend after his career-worst five interceptions against Jacksonville, “Maybe I don’t have it anymore,” brace yourself for a bounce-back game.
Old 10-10-2017, 04:21 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
You must not have read the article.

Young quarterbacks all over the NFL are thriving — Deshaun Watson, Carson Wentz, Jared Goff, Dak Prescott.
Several quarterbacks in their 30s seem to be heading in the other direction — Ben Roethlisberger, Carson Palmer, Philip Rivers, Eli Manning, Jay Cutler.
With one group, we’re counting the touchdowns. With the other, we’re counting the days.
This could all change, as the regular season isn’t even at the midway point. But through five weeks, it has been a young man’s game.
It’s always perilous to make sweeping statements, especially about quarterback play, as their ability to rebound from bad games is one of the aspects that has made these seasoned veterans so good.
So when Pittsburgh’s Roethlisberger sarcastically says, as he did last weekend after his career-worst five interceptions against Jacksonville, “Maybe I don’t have it anymore,” brace yourself for a bounce-back game.
honestly, who reads a full article in this day and age? too much ADD. But still... those guys have only played a handful of games, and the article doesnt talk Rodgers, Bryant, Brady for instance. and there's hella horrible young QB's as well... anyway, it's part of the football season to debate and be outraged and make silly statements