Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Bolt News
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2018, 09:27 AM
Hall of Famer

First few plays Lamp got his butt kicked. Thrown aside, flatbacked, late to react. He got better against lower tier backups as the game went on. He'll need some time before he starts. What the heck? He didn't resume team drills until recently. I look forward to his earning a starting role. He isn't there today.
Old 08-31-2018, 10:30 AM
glutton for punishment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonorajim View Post
First few plays Lamp got his butt kicked. Thrown aside, flatbacked, late to react. He got better against lower tier backups as the game went on. He'll need some time before he starts. What the heck? He didn't resume team drills until recently. I look forward to his earning a starting role. He isn't there today.
I agree with the first sentence... but IMO, he settled down almost immediately afterwards... it was not after lower tier guys came in. Just my $.02.

glutton for punishment.... glutton4Bolts
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-31-2018, 10:47 AM
<< . . . . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
Baptised by Solomon Thomas.
He'll learn.
Otherwise stellar.
Totally/Sonora will be singing his praises sooner rather than later.

Book it.

Old 08-31-2018, 10:47 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glutton4Bolts View Post
I agree with the first sentence... but IMO, he settled down almost immediately afterwards... it was not after lower tier guys came in. Just my $.02.
I'll rewatch later. I'd like it if you're right. I'd still be cautious about starting him in game 1.
Of course it's not my choice but what the heck? Schofield has been pretty steady. I believe Lamp has more upside but needs more time. If Lynn starts him, I know I'll cheer him on and hope he's ready.
Old 08-31-2018, 10:49 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Lynn was really proud of him. He said they tried to pull him and Lamp kept wanting to go back in.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-31-2018, 11:37 AM
Moderator of Delusions

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post
Totally/Sonora will be singing his praises sooner rather than later.

Book it.

I second this....

The best Offense is a good Defense.
Old 08-31-2018, 11:57 AM

Quote:
I'll rewatch later. I'd like it if you're right. I'd still be cautious about starting him in game 1.
Of course it's not my choice but what the heck? Schofield has been pretty steady. I believe Lamp has more upside but needs more time. If Lynn starts him, I know I'll cheer him on and hope he's ready.
Yeah... I was thinking Game 2... but I wouldn't be mad at all if he were in there from the get-go... More concerned with him knowing his assignments than worried over his physical ability to go.

Old 08-31-2018, 12:12 PM
Hall of Famer

He will need some time to get up to speed. His straight forward and pass blocking were OK but he missed many a block when he pulled, especially to his left.

Old 08-31-2018, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCthatsme View Post
He will need some time to get up to speed. His straight forward and pass blocking were OK but he missed many a block when he pulled, especially to his left.
I counted one... the obvious one at the beginning where he could have helped the RB who missed the rusher off the edge... even though it wasn't technically his assignment. As a matter of fact... they ran quite heavily into his gap with a lot of success... I thought he was moving the pile well and was very quick to get down field. Again, just my $.02... but aside for the first set of downs... I thought he settled in well and started to do what we drafted him for.

Old 08-31-2018, 03:29 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glutton4Bolts View Post
More concerned with him knowing his assignments than worried over his physical ability to go.
He seemed to not know what defender to help blocking at times. With more experience he'll gain bigger confidence. Lamp is capable of taking on a defender one-on-one.