Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2018, 03:22 PM
Thank you CMB

Default Is the fight for LA over?

Rams are 4-0 and seem unstoppable right now. Are we putting up any fight for LA? Unless you have ties to SD, why are you an LA Charger fan? Serious question.

4-0 my bad...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by AFBoltFan; 09-29-2018 at 03:56 PM..
Old 09-29-2018, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFBoltFan View Post
Rams are 3-0 and seem unstoppable right now. Are we putting up any fight for LA? Unless you have ties to SD, why are you a Charger fan? Serious question.
Fyi, Rams are 4-0. Update
Old 09-29-2018, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Rams are 3-0 and seem unstoppable right now. Are we putting up any fight for LA? Unless you have ties to SD, why are you a Charger fan? Serious question.
It was over when The Rams announced they were going to LA.
You have to admire that organization. They move to a new stadium and won 11 games their first year. Last year they did not have a first rd pick, this year they did not have a 1st nor 2nd rd pick and are 4-0.

Rams were worse than the Chargers and in two years and a young QB, RB and Coop' crushed the Chargers hope for and new fans.
Last year they drafted a WR in the 3Rd round kupp and he looks like a first rd pick. All their draft pick and FA moves look like they understand this business.

Meanwhile chargers are living on the 10-12 year rebuild plan.
Look at it this way, chargers have left their home, they rent, they are teaching themselves the football business from a yellow book. You know the book.

Meanwhile Rivers poor Rivers is working so hard on his craft while most of the other player just don't get it.

Rams, viks and Philly figured out the quick rebuild.
I don't think we will
Old 09-29-2018, 04:34 PM
Hall of Famer

It's only getting started. 2nd year...2nd round TKO by the Rams. Are the Chargers down for the count not quite. It's early in the fight but it doesn't look good.

I'm impressed though with the Rams. They have one wealthy owner for one and two they had a shrewd General Manager who hired one heck of a head coach in McVay. Was it a risk yes somewhat. But he knows how to scheme, communicate and motivate players. He's already out coached veteran coaches like Lynn and Goff's development is night and day compared to his rookie year. They we're smart in getting rid of Jeff Fisher.

They have a terrific backfield in Goff and Gurley. Todd is one of the top 3 backs in the game McVay mixes his talents well between runs and catches out of the backfield. Goff has played out of his mind with some outstanding performances.

McVay is smart to hire a defensive coordinator who knows his stuff and who has been around in Wade Phillips. He knew it wasn't his forte so he helped hire someone where he can just concentrate on the team and offense. Special teams plays smart and it helps to have talented kicker who is injured at the moment.

Franchise QB and head coach have youth on their side so they are built for the long haul. LA Rams are confident and ready to finish the Fight for LA.

I give a decade each year representing a round in the fight. If the Chargers fail miserably as some recent articles already say then I hope Spanos sells the team.

Last edited by ltinabottle; 09-30-2018 at 08:39 AM..
Old 09-29-2018, 04:47 PM
Twitter: @Vrabel56

If we won, fans would say the Rams still won the fight for LA. Since we lost, same thing. I notice the "Fight For LA" thing this off-season has been pushed on social media by salty San Diegans more than the actual Charger fans.

The ones who aren't busy all day whining about the Chargers leaving realize the Rams are ahead, were ahead, and will stay ahead of the Bolts in fandom in LA.

Last edited by Bolt4Life; 09-29-2018 at 05:09 PM..
Old 09-29-2018, 05:23 PM
Hall of Famer

"Fight for LA" seemed like a weak slogan. The Rams are LA's team. The fight hasn't started.
The LA Chargers need to win a few Super Bowls and put a bunch of LA Chargers in the Hall of Fame before they take on the Rams for Los Angeles NFL hearts.

LAC can start fighting when they win a Lombardi.
Old 09-29-2018, 05:38 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Rams are 4-0 and seem unstoppable right now. Are we putting up any fight for LA? Unless you have ties to SD, why are you an LA Charger fan? Serious question.

4-0 my bad...
If youíre a pro football fan in LA and you werenít already tied to the Rams or Chargers, you are picking the Rams. Theyíre young at qb, rb and coach and have other offensive and defensive stars. Itís Showtime

Heck Iím about to jump ship
Old 09-29-2018, 05:56 PM

Quote:

4-0 my bad...
I believe that was just publicity, there is or never was a fight for L.A. I truly believe people don't care about the Chargers. JMO
Old 09-29-2018, 06:28 PM
Blame Butts for me

I don’t know if it’s over but it certainly feels that way. Outside of us winning the superbowl AGAINST them, I don’t see why any LA football fan would choose us over them.

Which imo we should be rooting for an ALL LA superbowl.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ASAP
Old 09-29-2018, 06:55 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
If youíre a pro football fan in LA and you werenít already tied to the Rams or Chargers, you are picking the Rams. Theyíre young at qb, rb and coach and have other offensive and defensive stars. Itís Showtime

Heck Iím about to jump ship
Sarcasm correct? A Charger fan never jumps ship!

I'd say NO the fight is NOT over ... reasons being:

A. Rams are a Anaheim team (they played there from like 80-94 then moved to St Louis), and their fans are older.

B. L.A. is a Raiders town, has been, will be especially when the Raiders get to play the Chargers once a year in L.A. and the Rams once every 8 years in L.A.

C. I was at the Rams/Bolts game and there were at Least 40% Charger fans there. Tickets were much more affordable for Chargers fans at the Coliseum as opposed to the rip-off they are at StubHub.

Just my 2 cents. Rams are talented, well coached, but we are pretty equal in talent when healthy but the Rams do have the better coach in my opinion.

Let's see how the crowds are at Inglewood for the Rams instead of downtown L.A. at the Coliseum. The Chargers will still get a Ton of opposing fans there but I think the same thing will happen to the Rams.

Last edited by ChargingBolts; 09-29-2018 at 07:20 PM..