Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2019, 02:32 PM
<< . . . . . . .

I can say this: Daily’s just went bat**** crazy when the Rams scored. Safe to say that’s the loudest it has EVER been....

Followed by 20 rounds of Whose house?!” cheers
Old 01-20-2019, 04:37 PM
Hall of Famer

Fight for LA is over.
Old 01-20-2019, 04:55 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
Fight for LA is over.
But we Fight For Each Other.
Old 01-20-2019, 05:02 PM
Hall of Famer

TOTAL EMBARRASSMENT ...

SOMEONE TELL TT, HE BETTER SIGN THE BIG NAME DT, LB, and NEW RB THAT DOESN'T GET HURT EVERY YEAR AT THE SEASONS END, and GO ALL IN AND STOP WITH THIS WE ARE A FAMILY THAT COMPETES ...

IF THE CHARGERS MADE THE MOVES THE RAMS DID LAST OFF SEASON, LETS SAY AND BROUGHT IN THE FA'S THEY DID THE CHARGERS COULD OF DONE BETTER THAN JUST COMPETE. . .

IF WE DON'T, HARD TO SEE US GETTING BETTER WITH A AGING QB, THIS IS THE OFF SEASON THE CHARGERS GO ALL IN LIKE THE RAMS, that's right I'm shouting this.

Last edited by electricgold; 01-20-2019 at 05:09 PM..
Old 01-20-2019, 05:43 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
Fight for LA is over.
Why? Rams had empty seats too. I had no idea but did some investigating to the degree and embarrassing depth: LA doesn’t give a crap about football
Yeah rams will stomp the chargers in fanbase now, with one par and the whose that chant. Rivers doesn’t deserve it. Spanos surely does.

That all said I remember a guy on the rich eison show talking about growing up in New York choose the giants cause (then) it was all about the jets and he wanted to root for the underdog.
Then giants win two SuperBowls.

screw dean, LA doesn’t care, maybe a team in the big game helps everyone in the end. Surely not now or next year or for awhile unless we respond, but in the end. Now maybe more people will wanna be interested in LA

and look, Drew Brees is a great guy, family man, humble, awesome. Call me selfish but I didn’t want a few things most 1) division rival and Funnel Cake hair shaped man- everyone’s favorite, Mahomes 2) Brees. I didn’t wanna hear about the two rings to rivers none
3) patriots Brady and co. Hate them most.
4) Rams (wanna be the first to win in LA obvs)
Old 01-20-2019, 06:05 PM
Hall of Famer

He won't do it...unless he has that poker face on. What the truth...of his statements?

1) Basically saying we build through the draft and acquire a free agent or two which is what they do. Business as usual...certainly not all in.

2) Rivers ain't going anywhere.

If both are true then that's where we are at...another good draft to fit the cap no expensive players...they do get one or two FA's who would you covet the most?
He hinted on a trade last year passively no takers...does he go all in on an trade up or trade this off season?

He's not like A.J. Smith at all. Faith, family...football. Not a gambler or risk taker I'd be surprised if he started signing an All Pro team like the Rams.
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricgold View Post
TOTAL EMBARRASSMENT ...

SOMEONE TELL TT, HE BETTER SIGN THE BIG NAME DT, LB, and NEW RB THAT DOESN'T GET HURT EVERY YEAR AT THE SEASONS END, and GO ALL IN AND STOP WITH THIS WE ARE A FAMILY THAT COMPETES ...

IF THE CHARGERS MADE THE MOVES THE RAMS DID LAST OFF SEASON, LETS SAY AND BROUGHT IN THE FA'S THEY DID THE CHARGERS COULD OF DONE BETTER THAN JUST COMPETE. . .

IF WE DON'T, HARD TO SEE US GETTING BETTER WITH A AGING QB, THIS IS THE OFF SEASON THE CHARGERS GO ALL IN LIKE THE RAMS, that's right I'm shouting this.
Old 01-20-2019, 06:19 PM
Hall of Famer

Raiders won a Super Bowl in LA early. Won the hearts of LA...Al Davis just didn't have the deep pockets of the LA Rams to build a stadium. That's the reason they left in 94.

Rams have a young dynamic head coach and a young QB. Their in the SB in their 2nd year together. Wealthy owner...new stadium the future is looking good for the Rams.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo Fabio View Post
Why? Rams had empty seats too. I had no idea but did some investigating to the degree and embarrassing depth: LA doesn’t give a crap about football
Yeah rams will stomp the chargers in fanbase now, with one par and the whose that chant. Rivers doesn’t deserve it. Spanos surely does.

That all said I remember a guy on the rich eison show talking about growing up in New York choose the giants cause (then) it was all about the jets and he wanted to root for the underdog.
Then giants win two SuperBowls.

screw dean, LA doesn’t care, maybe a team in the big game helps everyone in the end. Surely not now or next year or for awhile unless we respond, but in the end. Now maybe more people will wanna be interested in LA

and look, Drew Brees is a great guy, family man, humble, awesome. Call me selfish but I didn’t want a few things most 1) division rival and Funnel Cake hair shaped man- everyone’s favorite, Mahomes 2) Brees. I didn’t wanna hear about the two rings to rivers none
3) patriots Brady and co. Hate them most.
4) Rams (wanna be the first to win in LA obvs)
Old 01-20-2019, 06:57 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltinabottle View Post
He won't do it...unless he has that poker face on. What the truth...of his statements?

1) Basically saying we build through the draft and acquire a free agent or two which is what they do. Business as usual...certainly not all in.

2) Rivers ain't going anywhere.

If both are true then that's where we are at...another good draft to fit the cap no expensive players...they do get one or two FA's who would you covet the most?
He hinted on a trade last year passively no takers...does he go all in on an trade up or trade this off season?

He's not like A.J. Smith at all. Faith, family...football. Not a gambler or risk taker I'd be surprised if he started signing an All Pro team like the Rams.

That's why we couldn't beat new england. Look at where the rams were last year... Next season signed star players at key spots in the superbowl..

It looks like the Chargers need a DT, LB, OT,... sign 3 solid FA's and get better...

Let ty Willams and Gordon go.
Old 01-20-2019, 10:02 PM
Hall of Famer

To those outside SoCali:
KTLA News reports
8 NFC Championship watch parties in LA and OC
Lots of enthusiasm

$$ Sales at Dicks Sporting Goods of NFC championship
gear are through the roof @ the Pasadena store.

Jackie Slater, former All Pro tackle for the Rams present
at one of the watch parties. He's a proud father too
his son, Matthew plays for the Patriots.
Old 01-20-2019, 10:20 PM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricgold View Post
That's why we couldn't beat new england. Look at where the rams were last year... Next season signed star players at key spots in the superbowl..

It looks like the Chargers need a DT, LB, OT,... sign 3 solid FA's and get better...

Let ty Willams and Gordon go.
You have to pick up a 1st round pick’s option before the start of the 4th season of the player’s career.

The Chargers exercised that option in March 2018. Letting Melvin Gordon go would blow a $6 million hole in the 2019 salary cap.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.