Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Ownership, Management & Coaching
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 11-21-2018, 11:51 AM
Chargeroo's Avatar
Chargeroo Chargeroo is offline
First member of the board
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Salem
Posts: 30,662
Default

I've been trying to figure out why we haven't scored more, considering the talent level. Maybe you have hit on it - maybe it's Whiz, but I don't think so. I have watched this years team pound teams with the running attack and hit them with quick strikes to the receivers - and that is all coached by the same OC.

It seems like this team simply doesn't have the fire in them once they get a lead. I don't know how to fix that but if I was their HC, I'd sure be screaming at them to keep them fired up. I'd also be telling Whiz, don't get conservative - keep going after them. Did any of you notice how the Saints just kept firing with a big lead last Sunday? That's what this team needs to do.
__________________


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 11-21-2018, 01:32 PM
SD SneakKing SD SneakKing is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 14,908
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargeroo View Post
I've been trying to figure out why we haven't scored more, considering the talent level. Maybe you have hit on it - maybe it's Whiz, but I don't think so. I have watched this years team pound teams with the running attack and hit them with quick strikes to the receivers - and that is all coached by the same OC.

It seems like this team simply doesn't have the fire in them once they get a lead. I don't know how to fix that but if I was their HC, I'd sure be screaming at them to keep them fired up. I'd also be telling Whiz, don't get conservative - keep going after them. Did any of you notice how the Saints just kept firing with a big lead last Sunday? That's what this team needs to do.

As I've stated before, I think Lynn doesn't keep the players on a short enough leash. All the silly slogans and swag going on.. Then you have veteran guys who like Allen who can't keep his mouth shut after losing. What have they really proven? Who have they beaten that's noteworthy under Lynn?

If I'm Lynn I cut all that crap out and get them focused. People need to be held accountable. Stop babying the players with the "play for each other" nonsense. Get in their faces and call them out. Play to dominate and destroy the opposing team. Play to win!

The same applies to Whiz, Bradley and Stewart. Hold them accountable.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 11-21-2018, 01:35 PM
AFBoltFan's Avatar
AFBoltFan AFBoltFan is offline
Thank you CMB
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Balboa Park bench
Posts: 8,030
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD SneakKing View Post
As I've stated before, I think Lynn doesn't keep the players on a short enough leash. All the silly slogans and swag going on.. Then you have veteran guys who like Allen who can't keep his mouth shut after losing. What have they really proven? Who have they beaten that's noteworthy under Lynn?

If I'm Lynn I cut all that crap out and get them focused. People need to be held accountable. Stop babying the players with the "play for each other" nonsense. Get in their faces and call them out. Play to dominate and destroy the opposing team. Play to win!

The same applies to Whiz, Bradley and Stewart. Hold them accountable.
This doesn't work, Singletary tried it in San Fran and lost his locker room.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 11-21-2018, 01:36 PM
RCCthatsme's Avatar
RCCthatsme RCCthatsme is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: NOT LA & NEVER LA
Posts: 3,404
Default

This was a team loss from coaching to players.



The loss really hurt but the run defense, with Liugett gone for the year, is now a huge concern.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 11-21-2018, 01:42 PM
SD SneakKing SD SneakKing is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 14,908
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFBoltFan View Post
This doesn't work, Singletary tried it in San Fran and lost his locker room.
Worked just fine for Mike Ditka. He got a superbowl win out of it.

I don't think Lynn needs to go over the top like Ditka did (he went too far at times), but he does need to start holding people accountable.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 11-21-2018, 02:44 PM
glutton4Bolts's Avatar
glutton4Bolts glutton4Bolts is offline
glutton for punishment...
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Lake Arrowhead
Posts: 1,393
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD SneakKing View Post
Worked just fine for Mike Ditka. He got a superbowl win out of it.

I don't think Lynn needs to go over the top like Ditka did (he went too far at times), but he does need to start holding people accountable.
Like benching Addae for whiffing again twice in huge situations? Like firing the ST coach after getting punked by fake punts two weeks in a row? The latter would be more difficult... but Philips couldn't be worse than Addae... could he?
__________________
Are curses real?... or do they simply manifest on the field when the players believe they actually are?

glutton for punishment.... glutton4Bolts
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 11-21-2018, 03:07 PM
Mopar Mark's Avatar
Mopar Mark Mopar Mark is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Arvada
Posts: 260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargeroo View Post
I've been trying to figure out why we haven't scored more, considering the talent level. Maybe you have hit on it - maybe it's Whiz, but I don't think so. I have watched this years team pound teams with the running attack and hit them with quick strikes to the receivers - and that is all coached by the same OC.

It seems like this team simply doesn't have the fire in them once they get a lead. I don't know how to fix that but if I was their HC, I'd sure be screaming at them to keep them fired up. I'd also be telling Whiz, don't get conservative - keep going after them. Did any of you notice how the Saints just kept firing with a big lead last Sunday? That's what this team needs to do.

That's most of the problem with this team right there. They lack "fire" with or without the lead. The HC lacks "fire" as well, so there you have it. This team has needed a coach with more than just a pulse, for years.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 11-21-2018, 03:47 PM
Fouts-Fan's Avatar
Fouts-Fan Fouts-Fan is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Tehachapi
Posts: 972
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar Mark View Post
That's most of the problem with this team right there. They lack "fire" with or without the lead. The HC lacks "fire" as well, so there you have it. This team has needed a coach with more than just a pulse, for years.
He needs the fire like Tom Landry had. That guy would have won nothing without the fire burning.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 11-21-2018, 03:48 PM
Mopar Mark's Avatar
Mopar Mark Mopar Mark is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Arvada
Posts: 260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts-Fan View Post
He needs the fire like Tom Landry had. That guy would have won nothing without the fire burning.
Yeah, yeah. Different team, different times, different players.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 11-21-2018, 03:52 PM
Totally Bolted's Avatar
Totally Bolted Totally Bolted is offline
Moderator of Delusions
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Some where north of San Diego
Posts: 22,878
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargeroo View Post
I've been trying to figure out why we haven't scored more, considering the talent level. Maybe you have hit on it - maybe it's Whiz, but I don't think so. I have watched this years team pound teams with the running attack and hit them with quick strikes to the receivers - and that is all coached by the same OC.

It seems like this team simply doesn't have the fire in them once they get a lead. I don't know how to fix that but if I was their HC, I'd sure be screaming at them to keep them fired up. I'd also be telling Whiz, don't get conservative - keep going after them. Did any of you notice how the Saints just kept firing with a big lead last Sunday? That's what this team needs to do.
part of the problem with the saints is, they know their D sucks, so if they don't keep the petal to the metal, they can lose real quick. the rams are the same. Who in their right mind thinks giving up a 50 burger is actually good? That game was pathetic from a real football take IMO. Entertaining? yes. But quality football? I beg to differ.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The best Offense is a good Defense.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:44 PM.


© 2018 Los Angeles Chargers. All Rights Reserved.