Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Ownership, Management & Coaching
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2018, 11:51 AM
First member of the board

I've been trying to figure out why we haven't scored more, considering the talent level. Maybe you have hit on it - maybe it's Whiz, but I don't think so. I have watched this years team pound teams with the running attack and hit them with quick strikes to the receivers - and that is all coached by the same OC.

It seems like this team simply doesn't have the fire in them once they get a lead. I don't know how to fix that but if I was their HC, I'd sure be screaming at them to keep them fired up. I'd also be telling Whiz, don't get conservative - keep going after them. Did any of you notice how the Saints just kept firing with a big lead last Sunday? That's what this team needs to do.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 11-21-2018, 01:32 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargeroo View Post
I've been trying to figure out why we haven't scored more, considering the talent level. Maybe you have hit on it - maybe it's Whiz, but I don't think so. I have watched this years team pound teams with the running attack and hit them with quick strikes to the receivers - and that is all coached by the same OC.

It seems like this team simply doesn't have the fire in them once they get a lead. I don't know how to fix that but if I was their HC, I'd sure be screaming at them to keep them fired up. I'd also be telling Whiz, don't get conservative - keep going after them. Did any of you notice how the Saints just kept firing with a big lead last Sunday? That's what this team needs to do.

As I've stated before, I think Lynn doesn't keep the players on a short enough leash. All the silly slogans and swag going on.. Then you have veteran guys who like Allen who can't keep his mouth shut after losing. What have they really proven? Who have they beaten that's noteworthy under Lynn?

If I'm Lynn I cut all that crap out and get them focused. People need to be held accountable. Stop babying the players with the "play for each other" nonsense. Get in their faces and call them out. Play to dominate and destroy the opposing team. Play to win!

The same applies to Whiz, Bradley and Stewart. Hold them accountable.
Old 11-21-2018, 01:35 PM
Thank you CMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD SneakKing View Post
As I've stated before, I think Lynn doesn't keep the players on a short enough leash. All the silly slogans and swag going on.. Then you have veteran guys who like Allen who can't keep his mouth shut after losing. What have they really proven? Who have they beaten that's noteworthy under Lynn?

If I'm Lynn I cut all that crap out and get them focused. People need to be held accountable. Stop babying the players with the "play for each other" nonsense. Get in their faces and call them out. Play to dominate and destroy the opposing team. Play to win!

The same applies to Whiz, Bradley and Stewart. Hold them accountable.
This doesn't work, Singletary tried it in San Fran and lost his locker room.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-21-2018, 01:36 PM
Hall of Famer

This was a team loss from coaching to players.

The loss really hurt but the run defense, with Liugett gone for the year, is now a huge concern.

Old 11-21-2018, 01:42 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFBoltFan View Post
This doesn't work, Singletary tried it in San Fran and lost his locker room.
Worked just fine for Mike Ditka. He got a superbowl win out of it.

I don't think Lynn needs to go over the top like Ditka did (he went too far at times), but he does need to start holding people accountable.
Old 11-21-2018, 02:44 PM
glutton for punishment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD SneakKing View Post
Worked just fine for Mike Ditka. He got a superbowl win out of it.

I don't think Lynn needs to go over the top like Ditka did (he went too far at times), but he does need to start holding people accountable.
Like benching Addae for whiffing again twice in huge situations? Like firing the ST coach after getting punked by fake punts two weeks in a row? The latter would be more difficult... but Philips couldn't be worse than Addae... could he?

glutton for punishment.... glutton4Bolts
Old 11-21-2018, 03:07 PM
Rookie

Quote:

That's most of the problem with this team right there. They lack "fire" with or without the lead. The HC lacks "fire" as well, so there you have it. This team has needed a coach with more than just a pulse, for years.
Old 11-21-2018, 03:47 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar Mark View Post
That's most of the problem with this team right there. They lack "fire" with or without the lead. The HC lacks "fire" as well, so there you have it. This team has needed a coach with more than just a pulse, for years.
He needs the fire like Tom Landry had. That guy would have won nothing without the fire burning.
Old 11-21-2018, 03:48 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts-Fan View Post
He needs the fire like Tom Landry had. That guy would have won nothing without the fire burning.
Yeah, yeah. Different team, different times, different players.
Old 11-21-2018, 03:52 PM
Moderator of Delusions

Quote:

part of the problem with the saints is, they know their D sucks, so if they don't keep the petal to the metal, they can lose real quick. the rams are the same. Who in their right mind thinks giving up a 50 burger is actually good? That game was pathetic from a real football take IMO. Entertaining? yes. But quality football? I beg to differ.

The best Offense is a good Defense.