Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Around the NFL
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2018, 11:05 AM
I be humbolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by glutton4Bolts View Post
Denver could even lose a game and still make the playoffs at 9-7.... Based on their schedule... I would say they have a great chance at pulling it off. That being said... I don't really care who gets that slot unless we miraculously pull out the division... we would probably never face them as the other WC. Over the last decade or more I have been so heavily involved with threads related to other teams in competition for a WC slot... I am tired of it. Just want the boys to prove they belong. Most of the pundits don't think PR and Co have what it takes to beat the elite in the AFC... time to put up or shut up.
PR & Co beat an elite team week before last - themselves.
Old 11-29-2018, 02:36 PM
Hall of Famer

If the Broncos lose another game in AFC, they are dead. 9-7 and 6-6 in AFC don't make it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Maniaque 5
Old 11-29-2018, 04:05 PM
glutton for punishment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniaque 5 View Post
If the Broncos lose another game in AFC, they are dead. 9-7 and 6-6 in AFC don't make it.
I have heard this so many times before... and this year in particular... I just find it hard to believe.

Bolts 8-3 (Steelers, Bengals, Chiefs, Ravens, Broncos)

Balt: 6-5 (Falcons, Chiefs, Bucs, Chargers, Browns)
Indy: 6-5 (Jags, Texans, Cowboys, Giants, Titans)
Miami: 5-6 (Bills, Patriots, Vikings, Jags, Bills)
Bengals: 5-6 (Broncos, Chargers, Raiders, Browns, Steelers)
Broncos: 5-6 (Bengals, 9ers, Browns, Raiders, Chargers)
Titans: 5-6 (Jets, Jags, Giants, Skins, Colts)

Any 5-6 team would have to win 4 of 5.... Broncos and Titans are the only ones I see with a likely path.

Balt and Indy need to win 3 of 5... Each could do it... but I see tough games on thier schedules that could trip them up. Chargers need to win one more and all the games are tough... Bengals might be the easiest left... but they got their stud WR back and they have a running QB that could wreak some havoc. If the Bolts are a real contender... then they get to 11-5 at a minimum and none of it matters for us... but I could easily see their being a single 9-7 team getting the #6 seed.

glutton for punishment.... glutton4Bolts
Old 11-29-2018, 04:06 PM
Hall of Famer

Broncos. Ravens will
Be 5 seed. Sorry to be
Bearer of bad news.

Meticulous grammar and spelling requested. Thank you.

Haikus on request.

San Diego Chargers: Always a good excuse for failure.
Old 11-29-2018, 11:03 PM

Don't feed....

Old 11-30-2018, 08:04 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudparty View Post
Broncos. Ravens will
Be 5 seed. Sorry to be
Bearer of bad news.

I'm pretty sure this will be the case.

Broncos win out...

Chargers only win two out of 5 and one of the three losses is Baltimore.

We miss the playoffs.

Bottom line, we need to only win 2 to guarantee playoff berth and one of these wins MUST be against Baltimore.

Take notice of this post when the season is over.
Old 11-30-2018, 08:59 AM
BHC: Giving Since 2007

For those hopping on the Ravens' bandwagon.......

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...126-story.html
Old 11-30-2018, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jachba View Post
For those hopping on the Ravens' bandwagon.......

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...126-story.html
The Ravens are not that good. If the Chargers can't get to 11-5 than they probably don't belong in the playoffs. None of these teams attempting to get the WC slots seem all that good. Denver have played well... but the Steelers and Bolts have far more talent. The Bolts should have won that game... they lost it in a very Charger fashion. But to beat the Chiefs, Patriots and Steelers at home.... you have to be very good. I for one am happy that the Chargers have a tough road to finish the season. If they come through it with enough wins to secure a slot... then they will have won some big games when it matters the most. It all starts on Sunday Night. Pitt is way better at home... but their D is not what it once was... and you can sack Ben and cause TOs. Every playoff game is in front of the nation.... front and center... We have 3 prime-time games in the last 5 to get us ready for it. We will find out if this team is different. The fact that they play all of their games essentially on the road may have toughened them up. Just go out and prove you belong. In short, if we have to scoreboard watch the rest of the season then our chances of winning on the road in the playoffs is quite unlikely.

Old 11-30-2018, 09:17 AM
I be humbolt

If the Bolts are the 5th seed, they would play in Pitt in round 1, as it stands right now.

If they are the 6th seed, they would play in Houston, as it stands now.

Which do you prefer? If the Bolts beat Pitt Sun night, it would help make scenario 1 more likely.
Old 11-30-2018, 09:25 AM
Nutz and Boltz

After what I saw last night. I say we just win out and let the Seahawks take care of the Chiefs as well the way Dallas just did the Saints in.

We need to be playing our best football now and the murderers row schedule we have to end the season is the perfect crucible to forge the chargers into a Superbowl champion.

Win out and see what happens in the playoffs.

We are the true road warriors because all of our games are away.