Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2019, 08:04 PM
Hall of Famer

Default Mismatch LAC/N-E

What happened in N-E yesterday?

Bosa and Ingram were not in the equation.
Some bad plays of the OL.
No run game.
MW and KA have dropped 10 passes.
Philip' lack of precision.
All these answers.
Others?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Maniaque 5
Old 01-14-2019, 08:12 PM
Hall of Famer

Gus and Lynn got embarrassed. O-line sucked as usual (30th in NFL). Rivers actually balled out when he had more than half a second to drop back. Receivers/TEs also showed up.
Old 01-14-2019, 08:31 PM
Legend

Everything DEGU said, but I think fatigue set in, too.

I mean the D looked flat-out lethargic.
Old 01-14-2019, 08:35 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shruggy View Post
Everything DEGU said, but I think fatigue set in, too.

I mean the D looked flat-out lethargic.
Yep.
There are plenty of examples over the years
of teams having one good playoff game in them.

The home losses to DEN/BAL killed us.
Old 01-14-2019, 09:03 PM
Hall of Famer

The amount of travel and big away games took its toll.

That's what happens when you don't win the division. We scraped by too many games. Pass protection has not been there in 10 games.
man

What is up with the horrible kicks man !?!

Not our year.
Old 01-14-2019, 11:23 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontEverGiveUp View Post
Gus and Lynn got embarrassed. O-line sucked as usual (30th in NFL). Rivers actually balled out when he had more than half a second to drop back. Receivers/TEs also showed up.
Whisenhunt too. His offense just couldn't keep it going after scoring 7. The weaknesses of the team and areas they lack really showed up. Defense has a lot of holes to fill. Three of the five offensive linemen are barely starter worthy. The tight end group as a whole not doing enough in the passing game makes it easier for defenses to take out the WRs and RBs. There's so much that needs to be addressed to improve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk View Post

Pass protection has not been there in 10 games.
man
It's been giving up sacks in 17 out of 18 games. That's really bad. Rivers is not top ten in sacks allowed. But don't be fooled by that. Getting sacked in almost every game is not going to allow the offense to operate more functionally.
Old 01-14-2019, 11:43 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCPB View Post
It's been giving up sacks in 17 out of 18 games. That's really bad. Rivers is not top ten in sacks allowed. But don't be fooled by that. Getting sacked in almost every game is not going to allow the offense to operate more functionally.
Maybe I'm not following what you're saying here. But you do know that sacks happen nearly every game, right?
Old 01-15-2019, 02:32 AM
Hall of Famer

Do players read the board? Someone mentioned that they may...who knows. Commendable season and these guys played well and not so well in the games they lost. Hard to see it end they gave it their all. I like how Lynn commended them in today's conference. They all worked hard, gelled as a team and most important good character guys who make good choices. Guys that are not the top of the story on the NFL network or any local news outlet.

There's plenty of time to talk about concerns and issues who to get rid of who to draft...off season is just beginning. The day of the loss though?...list of things to do already? The board is rapidly coming to an end...so makes sense to get your two cents. Just wondering if players actually read this...
Old 01-15-2019, 06:44 AM
Experienced

The complete inability to adjust... Defensive scheme proved after two TD scoring drives that it wasn't going to work. I looked like the players were performing their jobs, but the scheme of getting to Brady doesn't work when he has the ball out of his hands in 2 seconds.
On offense it seemed they got pressure on Rivers with only 4-5 rushers and every time a pass was caught their were 3 Patriots preventing the YAC.
The nail in the coffin in my opinion was the fumbled punt after the defense had FINALLY stopped a Patriots drive. That was a 14 point swing. We would have had time to score (if they called the right plays) and the Patriots did score.
I whole heartedly place the blame on the coaches for this loss. That and I thought they should have stayed on the east coast after the Ravens game.
Old 01-15-2019, 07:40 AM
Is it time to panic yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniaque 5 View Post
What happened in N-E yesterday?

Bosa and Ingram were not in the equation.
Some bad plays of the OL.
No run game.
MW and KA have dropped 10 passes.
Philip' lack of precision.
All these answers.
Others?
#17 was fine. OL got abused by a fresher more prepared D. Extra week to rest and game plan.

Chargers D didn't have the players to execute their scheme vs NE.

Lack of execution on a couple Critical plays in the first half - including the muffed punt, turned what cold have been something like 24 -14 at halftime into a rout.

I don't think it was anything more than everything catching up with Bolts and running into a team that could take complete advantage of the schemes and weak spots of this roster. It always comes down to matchups.

― Thomas Paine

"We some dogs....we take what we want.."

- Keenan Allen