Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2019, 07:57 AM
Nutz and Boltz

Default 2019 Schedule primer

Here is who we will play next season.

Home: Chiefs, Raiders, Broncos, Texans, Colts, Steelers, Packers, Vikings
Away: Chiefs, Raiders, Broncos, Jaguars, Titans, Dolphins, Bears, Lions

This looks pretty tough. A few of these teams will have new coaches and I know the home/away is not a sure thing in our stadium.

This looks like 9-7 or 10-6 to me.
Old 01-15-2019, 08:48 AM
Hall of Famer

Much tougher schedule next year, that's for sure
Old 01-15-2019, 09:03 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amped View Post

Home: Chiefs, Raiders, Broncos, Texans, Colts, Steelers, Packers, Vikings
Away: Chiefs, Raiders, Broncos, Jaguars, Titans, Dolphins, Bears, Lions

This looks pretty tough. A few of these teams will have new coaches and I know the home/away is not a sure thing in our stadium.

Steelers, Packers and Vikings in Stubhub? Brokers are salivating
Old 01-15-2019, 09:13 AM
Hall of Famer

One of those home games will either be in London or Mexico City
Old 01-15-2019, 09:21 AM
glutton for punishment...

Over the last 7 years or so it has become crystal clear that having the Bye week means almost everything w/ respect to making the Championship Game. Only 5 teams in the past 6 years that played on Wild Card Weekend have even made the Conference Championships. The extra week of rest and time to plan has become integral to making the big show. Extra time to plan means a lot... but the extra rest is even more important. #1 and #2 Seeds representing both Conference Championships.... yet again. With a schedule like ours... I find it difficult to believe that our hopes will finally come to fruition in 2019. Not unless TT goes out and spends on some key FA like the Rams did. This year was a missed golden opportunity... spoiled again by a franchise and fanbase that has been completely spoiled over the last 15 years. There is no justice. But I feel a little bit better in the loss considering the numbers. The Bye Week means closed to everything now. Pretty much makes the whole Wild Card Weekend irrelevant.

glutton for punishment.... glutton4Bolts
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-15-2019, 09:21 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dha View Post
Much tougher schedule next year, that's for sure
2018 look tough but the team did well.

I want to win in Miami. The Chargers haven't won a game there since the epic in Miami game.
Old 01-15-2019, 09:23 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glutton4Bolts View Post
Over the last 7 years or so it has become crystal clear that having the Bye week means almost everything w/ respect to making the Championship Game. Only 5 teams in the past 6 years that played on Wild Card Weekend have even made the Conference Championships. The extra week of rest and time to plan has become integral to making the big show. Extra time to plan means a lot... but the extra rest is even more important. #1 and #2 Seeds representing both Conference Championships.... yet again. With a schedule like ours... I find it difficult to believe that our hopes will finally come to fruition in 2019. Not unless TT goes out and spends on some key FA like the Rams did. This year was a missed golden opportunity... spoiled again by a franchise and fanbase that has been completely spoiled over the last 15 years. There is no justice. But I feel a little bit better in the loss considering the numbers. The Bye Week means closed to everything now. Pretty much makes the whole Wild Card Weekend irrelevant.
A bye week doesn't determine how well the team does. The team has talent in many areas but also weak part in others that held them back from their full potential.
Old 01-15-2019, 09:53 AM
Experienced

Quote:

I always go with the 16-0 until they lose their first game then 15-1 and so on, just super optimistic until things change. I adapt and overcome. lol
Old 01-15-2019, 10:06 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:

Home: W Chiefs, W Raiders, W Broncos, W Texans, W Colts, W Steelers, W Packers, W Vikings
Away: L Chiefs, W Raiders, W Broncos, W Jaguars, L Titans, W Dolphins, L Bears, W Lions

I think I'll go to the Bears game and represent, have family there.

Looks like 13-3 to me (I know 8-0 at "home" is not the norm, but 2019 is the year we flip the script).
Old 01-15-2019, 10:08 AM
glutton for punishment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCPB View Post
A bye week doesn't determine how well the team does. The team has talent in many areas but also weak part in others that held them back from their full potential.
I just gave you a ton of evidence that it does.... 80% of the teams in the conference championships over the last 6 years are #1 and #2 seeds. This is a game of attrition... and being able to rest up and have extra time to gameplan is a GIANT advantage. If the odds don't improve a bit over the next several years it will make the Wild Card Weekend border on irrelevant.

glutton for punishment.... glutton4Bolts
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.