Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-15-2019, 07:57 AM
Amped's Avatar
Amped Amped is offline
Nutz and Boltz
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Seattle (The San Diego of Washington ST)
Posts: 868
Default 2019 Schedule primer

Here is who we will play next season.



Home: Chiefs, Raiders, Broncos, Texans, Colts, Steelers, Packers, Vikings
Away: Chiefs, Raiders, Broncos, Jaguars, Titans, Dolphins, Bears, Lions



This looks pretty tough. A few of these teams will have new coaches and I know the home/away is not a sure thing in our stadium.



This looks like 9-7 or 10-6 to me.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-15-2019, 08:48 AM
Dha Dha is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,313
Default

Much tougher schedule next year, that's for sure
__________________
KJ Wright LB (free agent).
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-15-2019, 09:03 AM
The Moekid's Avatar
The Moekid The Moekid is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 38,401
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amped View Post
Here is who we will play next season.



Home: Chiefs, Raiders, Broncos, Texans, Colts, Steelers, Packers, Vikings
Away: Chiefs, Raiders, Broncos, Jaguars, Titans, Dolphins, Bears, Lions



This looks pretty tough. A few of these teams will have new coaches and I know the home/away is not a sure thing in our stadium.



This looks like 9-7 or 10-6 to me.
Steelers, Packers and Vikings in Stubhub? Brokers are salivating
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-15-2019, 09:13 AM
The Moekid's Avatar
The Moekid The Moekid is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 38,401
Default

One of those home games will either be in London or Mexico City
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-15-2019, 09:21 AM
glutton4Bolts's Avatar
glutton4Bolts glutton4Bolts is offline
glutton for punishment...
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Lake Arrowhead
Posts: 1,393
Default

Over the last 7 years or so it has become crystal clear that having the Bye week means almost everything w/ respect to making the Championship Game. Only 5 teams in the past 6 years that played on Wild Card Weekend have even made the Conference Championships. The extra week of rest and time to plan has become integral to making the big show. Extra time to plan means a lot... but the extra rest is even more important. #1 and #2 Seeds representing both Conference Championships.... yet again. With a schedule like ours... I find it difficult to believe that our hopes will finally come to fruition in 2019. Not unless TT goes out and spends on some key FA like the Rams did. This year was a missed golden opportunity... spoiled again by a franchise and fanbase that has been completely spoiled over the last 15 years. There is no justice. But I feel a little bit better in the loss considering the numbers. The Bye Week means closed to everything now. Pretty much makes the whole Wild Card Weekend irrelevant.
__________________
Are curses real?... or do they simply manifest on the field when the players believe they actually are?

glutton for punishment.... glutton4Bolts
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-15-2019, 09:21 AM
SDCPB SDCPB is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: beaverton
Posts: 5,921
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dha View Post
Much tougher schedule next year, that's for sure
2018 look tough but the team did well.

I want to win in Miami. The Chargers haven't won a game there since the epic in Miami game.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-15-2019, 09:23 AM
SDCPB SDCPB is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: beaverton
Posts: 5,921
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glutton4Bolts View Post
Over the last 7 years or so it has become crystal clear that having the Bye week means almost everything w/ respect to making the Championship Game. Only 5 teams in the past 6 years that played on Wild Card Weekend have even made the Conference Championships. The extra week of rest and time to plan has become integral to making the big show. Extra time to plan means a lot... but the extra rest is even more important. #1 and #2 Seeds representing both Conference Championships.... yet again. With a schedule like ours... I find it difficult to believe that our hopes will finally come to fruition in 2019. Not unless TT goes out and spends on some key FA like the Rams did. This year was a missed golden opportunity... spoiled again by a franchise and fanbase that has been completely spoiled over the last 15 years. There is no justice. But I feel a little bit better in the loss considering the numbers. The Bye Week means closed to everything now. Pretty much makes the whole Wild Card Weekend irrelevant.
A bye week doesn't determine how well the team does. The team has talent in many areas but also weak part in others that held them back from their full potential.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-15-2019, 09:53 AM
Bigbirdsd's Avatar
Bigbirdsd Bigbirdsd is offline
Experienced
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: San Marcos
Posts: 1,482
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amped View Post
Here is who we will play next season.


This looks like 9-7 or 10-6 to me.

I always go with the 16-0 until they lose their first game then 15-1 and so on, just super optimistic until things change. I adapt and overcome. lol
__________________
Stay safe, stay low and have an Airborne day...
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-15-2019, 10:06 AM
ChargingBolts's Avatar
ChargingBolts ChargingBolts is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,759
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amped View Post
Here is who we will play next season.



Home: W Chiefs, W Raiders, W Broncos, W Texans, W Colts, W Steelers, W Packers, W Vikings
Away: L Chiefs, W Raiders, W Broncos, W Jaguars, L Titans, W Dolphins, L Bears, W Lions




This looks pretty tough. A few of these teams will have new coaches and I know the home/away is not a sure thing in our stadium.

I think I'll go to the Bears game and represent, have family there.



This looks like 9-7 or 10-6 to me.
Looks like 13-3 to me (I know 8-0 at "home" is not the norm, but 2019 is the year we flip the script).
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-15-2019, 10:08 AM
glutton4Bolts's Avatar
glutton4Bolts glutton4Bolts is offline
glutton for punishment...
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Lake Arrowhead
Posts: 1,393
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCPB View Post
A bye week doesn't determine how well the team does. The team has talent in many areas but also weak part in others that held them back from their full potential.
I just gave you a ton of evidence that it does.... 80% of the teams in the conference championships over the last 6 years are #1 and #2 seeds. This is a game of attrition... and being able to rest up and have extra time to gameplan is a GIANT advantage. If the odds don't improve a bit over the next several years it will make the Wild Card Weekend border on irrelevant.
__________________
Are curses real?... or do they simply manifest on the field when the players believe they actually are?

glutton for punishment.... glutton4Bolts
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:19 PM.


© 2018 Los Angeles Chargers. All Rights Reserved.