Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2019, 10:10 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glutton4Bolts View Post
I just gave you a ton of evidence that it does.... 80% of the teams in the conference championships over the last 6 years are #1 and #2 seeds. This is a game of attrition... and being able to rest up and have extra time to gameplan is a GIANT advantage. If the odds don't improve a bit over the next several years it will make the Wild Card Weekend border on irrelevant.

It truly is a big advantage. Not to mention, some teams, if already locked into their seed by Week 17, get about 3 weeks of rest for some of their starters if they elect to do so.
Old 01-15-2019, 10:27 AM
glutton for punishment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargingBolts View Post
Looks like 13-3 to me (I know 8-0 at "home" is not the norm, but 2019 is the year we flip the script).
You just never know what is going to happen the next year... Jags looked like a very good team and were terrible... Packers didn't make the playoffs... etc.. The biggest problem we have is our division... KC is good every year and now that they have Mahomes... they will be the favorite to win. Denver had a down year... but they are a super tough out. They should be better next year... but who knows? Oakland is going to get a giant influx of talent. They played us tough in the 2nd game. They will be harder to beat next year. Meanwhile, the Patriots will get one of the easiest schedules yet again.

The Chargers have the potential to go 13-3 for sure... but health and offseason acquisitions will loom large. We don't really need any skill position players on O IMO. Getting a healthy HH back to pair with Allen and MDub will be great. We need help on the OL for sure.... Getting a stud RT would go a long way. On D? Getting White and Brown back will be great... Nwosu has flashed... but we need a stud ILB and they need to stay healthy. We could surely use a difference maker at DT... It would make our D so much better. We really need a FS... and you can always use more CBs... especially considering the regression in Hayward's play.

A lot has to go right... we need another good draft and two key FAs. w/o a rookie QB contract... it is tough to go all in like the Rams did.... but they have to find a way to get a 1st round bye. If not... the chances that they can actually win a ring is not at all good.

glutton for punishment.... glutton4Bolts
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-15-2019, 10:32 AM
glutton for punishment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD SneakKing View Post
It truly is a big advantage. Not to mention, some teams, if already locked into their seed by Week 17, get about 3 weeks of rest for some of their starters if they elect to do so.
It was painfully obvious in the games this last weekend... the teams with the byes looked so fresh. The Eagles were the only team that really looked like they had a chance. It is just too big of an advantage IMO. But it isn't going anywhere... so I guess if you want to win a ring... you got to get a bye.

glutton for punishment.... glutton4Bolts
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-15-2019, 10:33 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glutton4Bolts View Post
It was painfully obvious in the games this last weekend... the teams with the byes looked so fresh. The Eagles were the only team that really looked like they had a chance. It is just too big of an advantage IMO. But it isn't going anywhere... so I guess if you want to win a ring... you got to get a bye.

the better teams won this last weekend.
Old 01-15-2019, 10:33 AM
Twitter: @Vrabel56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amped View Post

Away: Chiefs, Raiders, Broncos, Jaguars, Titans, Dolphins, Bears, Lions

With a baby on the way, I think I can swing the Raiders and Titans away games.

Raiders so we can "go visit her family" and Titans so we could scout out Tennessee to possibly move there. Both completely valid excuses!
Old 01-15-2019, 10:34 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life View Post
With a baby on the way, I think I can swing the Raiders and Titans away games.

Raiders so we can "go visit her family" and Titans so we could scout out Tennessee to possibly move there. Both completely valid excuses!

congrats on the bun in the oven B4L!!!!
Old 01-15-2019, 10:34 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amped View Post
Here is who we will play next season.

Home: Chiefs, Raiders, Broncos, Texans, Colts, Steelers, Packers, Vikings
Away: Chiefs, Raiders, Broncos, Jaguars, Titans, Dolphins, Bears, Lions

This looks pretty tough. A few of these teams will have new coaches and I know the home/away is not a sure thing in our stadium.

This looks like 9-7 or 10-6 to me.
Dear Mojo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What did they do, line us up with Murderers Row or something ?!?!?!?!?!?!

Old 01-15-2019, 10:35 AM
Twitter: @Vrabel56

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
congrats on the bun in the oven B4L!!!!
Freaking that Ireland/London trip in October did us in!
Old 01-15-2019, 10:39 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life View Post
Freaking that Ireland/London trip in October did us in!
you have no idea buddy
Old 01-15-2019, 12:33 PM
Hall of Famer

It's really difficult to project how hard this schedule is actually going to end up being. There's so much change from year to year in the quality of teams, outside of the handful of perennial contenders, that it could go either way. I'm pretty sure we thought 2018 was going to be tough, too, but that Week 3 to Week 12 run was such a breeze.

I guess in that regard, we can probably count on NOT having such an easy stretch next season, but the last 5 games shouldn't be as crazy as they were this season, either.