Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: ARE WE PLAYING FOR NOW ?
Yes. Our time is at hand !! 19 54.29%
No. Boring business as usual. 9 25.71%
Freak is our Emperor Overlord. 2 5.71%
Villagers love Gruel. 5 14.29%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-17-2019, 01:42 PM
Power of 51

Default Are we playing for now ? or should the bacon simmer longer

I have a different take, I would like you and everyone to reply to. It just struck me.......when things strike me out of the blue it is vastly vastly important enough to discuss. We need more about me, but enough about me, well there is never enough about me.

ARE WE PLAYING FOR NOW ?

We have not been in this position for soooo long, we momentarily forgot what its like. "Playing for now" is a whole 'nother animal than our business as usual. Things change drastically. Let's examine it........

Rivers is getting long in the tooth. That is the first big sign of playing for now. 12-4 plus a playoff win is a HUGE sign of playing for now.

The ramifications start with Mr. Tom Telesco. Instead of being tippy toey in free agency, you go for the big pop !!! Because you are looking for those couple players that can put you over the top.

TT and I, hate moving up in the draft. When you are playing for now, you move up in the draft. Move up in the first two rounds, and throw the rest of the picks to the wind is one such version.

Are we playing for now ?

REACT TO MY TOPIC OF GENIUS !!!!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Totally Bolted; 01-20-2019 at 09:40 AM..
Old 01-17-2019, 02:37 PM
Is it time to panic yet?

Please add 5th option, "both A and C"

― Thomas Paine

"We some dogs....we take what we want.."

- Keenan Allen
Old 01-17-2019, 02:38 PM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestBolt View Post
Please add 5th option, "both A and C"
heh. Midwest just became Empire VP for the Midwest.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-17-2019, 02:51 PM
First member of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
I have a different take, I would like you and everyone to reply to. It just struck me.......when things strike me out of the blue it is vastly vastly important enough to discuss. We need more about me, but enough about me, well there is never enough about me.

ARE WE PLAYING FOR NOW ?

We have not been in this position for soooo long, we momentarily forgot what its like. "Playing for now" is a whole 'nother animal than our business as usual. Things change drastically. Let's examine it........

Rivers is getting long in the tooth. That is the first big sign of playing for now. 12-4 plus a playoff win is a HUGE sign of playing for now.

The ramifications start with Mr. Tom Telesco. Instead of being tippy toey in free agency, you go for the big pop !!! Because you are looking for those couple players that can put you over the top.

TT and I, hate moving up in the draft. When you are playing for now, you move up in the draft. Move up in the first two rounds, and throw the rest of the picks to the wind is one such version.

Are we playing for now ?

REACT TO MY TOPIC OF GENIUS !!!!!!!
Good attitude - let's go get that trophy. From 12-4 to being a top seed in the playoffs and then winning the Super Bowl is not a huge step. We're nearly there. I'd tell TT, don't look to making the playoffs, you just did that. Look to going all the way, bring the Lombardi home!

I'm with you on being aggressive in free agency but not so much on moving up. Look who we got in the first round this year by being patient.

If I was TT, I'd be all in this year.

If you are a man that prays, pray that TT and his scouts find just the right guys to put us over the top.

Old 01-17-2019, 02:53 PM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargeroo View Post
Good attitude - let's go get that trophy. From 12-4 to being a top seed in the playoffs and then winning the Super Bowl is not a huge step. We're nearly there. I'd tell TT, don't look to making the playoffs, you just did that. Look to going all the way, bring the Lombardi home!

I'm with you on being aggressive in free agency but not so much on moving up. Look who we got in the first round this year by being patient.

If I was TT, I'd be all in this year.

If you are a man that prays, pray that TT and his scouts find just the right guys to put us over the top.
It's a different vision that I posted here, I wonder if TT shares it............

Old 01-17-2019, 02:58 PM
Hall of Famer

Yes, sign guys to big 1-year deals, trade next year's 1st rounder, whatever it takes for 2019
Old 01-17-2019, 05:51 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmamba View Post
yes, sign guys to big 1-year deals, trade next year's 1st rounder, whatever it takes for 2019
nick bosa time!!!
Old 01-17-2019, 05:57 PM
Madness? This is Chargers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargingBolts View Post
nick bosa time!!!
Sorry but he's not worth it. We have too many needs to get another pass rusher.

Unleash the Rivers!!!
Old 01-17-2019, 07:32 PM
Moderator of Delusions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
Sorry but he's not worth it. We have too many needs to get another pass rusher.
Besides the huge, huger and even hugest cost it would be to do that.

I think the bolts were not prepared to be 12-4. I think like us, it was a bit of surprise. I mean when was the last time the bolts found ways to win late, get big wins in Pitt, and balt, finally beating KC (IN KC).

Not that they didn't think it was possible, but surprised it did.

So I think Freak your question is a really good one. Are they that close? If so do they need to go all in, or will smart conservative FA signs and draft picks enough.

RAMS went all in. They are only one game further than they were last year. Lets see if they go further.

I think you weigh out both approaches to determine which one is wiser.

The best Offense is a good Defense.
Old 01-17-2019, 08:35 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Bolted View Post
Besides the huge, huger and even hugest cost it would be to do that.

I think the bolts were not prepared to be 12-4. I think like us, it was a bit of surprise. I mean when was the last time the bolts found ways to win late, get big wins in Pitt, and balt, finally beating KC (IN KC).

Not that they didn't think it was possible, but surprised it did.

So I think Freak your question is a really good one. Are they that close? If so do they need to go all in, or will smart conservative FA signs and draft picks enough.

RAMS went all in. They are only one game further than they were last year. Lets see if they go further.

I think you weigh out both approaches to determine which one is wiser.

The bold is quite true.....although I would change out the word 'prepared' with the word 'expecting'.....

I love how the fake queen gets a taste of winning and it is go all in now time......stupid......stick with the build plan, be wary of FA, spend wisely (no big contracts) in FA, get more future stars via draft, and have them on rookie contracts when the Super Bowl wins start......