Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Around the NFL
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2007, 03:12 PM
Woodhikorn

To use someone's name and likeness for monetary gain requires their permission. I believe the lawsuit is more about principle than money. The lawsuit is legitimate from a business standpoint and far from frivolous. Since he markets himself, he should closely monitor the use of his name and make money off of it when used for profit. I don't like TO and most of the stuff he does, but I can't fault him for this.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:53 PM
Die Hard Bolt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodhikorn View Post
To use someone's name and likeness for monetary gain requires their permission. I believe the lawsuit is more about principle than money. The lawsuit is legitimate from a business standpoint and far from frivolous. Since he markets himself, he should closely monitor the use of his name and make money off of it when used for profit. I don't like TO and most of the stuff he does, but I can't fault him for this.

And just what companies are beating down his door for him to sign endorsements? His name and image is not worth much if anything. For 99.9% percent of the NFL players I agree with you. Owens is somewhat of an exception right now as he should be trying to improve his image, not bilk more money from someone. Where was this lawsuit in 06? Sounds like he has waited some time to feel violated... Just my opinion..
"Some of the things the Denver Broncos employed under Gibbs were unethical, to say the least, and I say that as a former offensive lineman myself,'' said retired Jaguars center Dave Widell, who also played for Denver for five years before Gibbs' arrival. "The Broncos were very good at what they did when they were winning Super Bowls, but there was a dark side to what they did in a lot of people's minds, too.''

Last edited by sniptilla; 07-05-2007 at 03:57 PM..
Old 07-05-2007, 10:54 PM
Hall of Famer

you know TO HE'S LIKE '' Here's my image now where's my money biatch"
On the other hand we've got LT who would be if you would like to use my image for some charity posters go right ahead. MAN you gotta love our guy.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:05 AM

If I were T.O. I wouldn't have been that upset. Its not all that bad that some club used your image. Maybe he just wanted to be an buthole about it He could have came at the situation better.