Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Bolt News
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2008, 10:40 AM
Los Angeles Chargers

Default Jacksons January no fluke

Jacksons January no fluke
Chargers wide receiver Vincent Jackson says it was simply opportunity that led to his stellar performance in the playoffs and strong start to training camp. More...
Old 08-01-2008, 11:01 AM
Mover of chains

Bolt

Here's to VJ picking up where he left off last season.

The more offensive weapons Norv has at his disposal...the more I like our chances to get to the big dance.

Go Bolts!
Old 08-01-2008, 11:53 AM
Hall of Famer

There's no reason VJ can't turn into a Michael Irvin for this team. He has all the physical tools to dominate DB's, and he plays in the same offense. Irvin was awesome despite playing on a run-first team and sharing looks with a good TE and 2nd reciever.

Maybe VJ just needs to develop a coke habit to push himself over the top.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:23 PM
estradvs

man,this just gets me even more geared up for the season,i hope VJ gets a breakout year,but like he said,a ring would be sweeter then any accolades
Old 08-01-2008, 12:23 PM
recruz

i definitely want "Rivers to Jackson" to become a recurring theme
Old 08-01-2008, 01:15 PM
Hall of Famer

I think there has been a learning process for both the staff and VJ. What I saw late in the season was not just the better numbers, but the team finally learning how to exploit VJ's considerable strengths.

He is big, strong, fast, and leaps high, but is not necessarily the most shifty or fluid WR out there. I think if you have him run complicated routes with a lot of cutting then it's harder for him to get open. But take advantage of his size and strength, and he's hard to stop.

On top of all that, there were multiple occasions last year where VJ went deep and had 3-4 yards separation on his guy, but Rivers underthrew him. Hopefully this year Rivers will hit him in stride, that along could add 3-4 TD's and 200 yards to his receiving total.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:37 PM
For-ums are 4 whiners now

Unlike a certain first round WR bust from that same draft, who is also 6' 5" 241, VJ has improved vastly since that draft day.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Zippy D. Wonderslug - Snail Extraordinaire.
I'm sportin' a big-block V-8 engine! HEMI Zoom, Activate!
Old 08-01-2008, 02:50 PM
blindside

This kid is just grown into a top reciever He don't talk alot of smack just lets his actions speak for him.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:31 PM
Arkansas Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargerbomb View Post
There's no reason VJ can't turn into a Michael Irvin for this team. He has all the physical tools to dominate DB's, and he plays in the same offense. Irvin was awesome despite playing on a run-first team and sharing looks with a good TE and 2nd reciever.

Maybe VJ just needs to develop a coke habit to push himself over the top.
I don't know: that coke habit didn't help Matt Jones too much. Can you imagine VJ getting caught in the parking lot behind Pure Platinum red handed (or should I say white nosed) with a coke cutter in hand and a buddy with a coke covered straw in his ear? Ask MJ and all his former fans; it's not pretty. By the way---was Michael Irvin really found in the trunk of Matt's vehicle?