Sorry. Not into Pokemon. 14 33.33%
Erik Derkle was too young to die. 8 19.05%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 03:04 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
Got to see my buddy from Michigan. Man he's searching right now. Seems kinda lost. Really doesn't have a firm direction he wants to go, but has these "grand plans" that are all over the map realistically. Tough to see him like this.
Newly divorced?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 04-17-2011, 03:11 PM
~

Quote:
FA, you need a break man. Holy Work Batman! Glad to see that home brews are coming together. How much longer until you can drink them? You went dry for awhile, right?
Haven't had a drink for 6 weeks. I'll pour a cold one next weekend.

Hope everything works out for your friend. Some people find their mojo later on.

Have fun golfing. Seems like a perfect day for it.

Old 04-17-2011, 03:12 PM
Potatohead's nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
Newly divorced?
Nope, never married. Recently unemployed though.

The guy wants a family bad, and that may be scaring the women away? I don't know.

He's been in the same area his whole life and he now wants to move out here to try something new. I actually think it's a really good idea for him to try, if he has a job setup before he moves. If he can't get a job setup, I'm afraid this place will break him financially. He has a couple of houses out in Michigan, but that state is in terrible shape as far as real estate value and the unemployment rate.

Old 04-17-2011, 03:15 PM

Yeah ... the whole midwest has been hit really hard. I hope things work out for him. It sucks being in a funk like that. Any chance you can help swing a job for him someplace?

Old 04-17-2011, 03:17 PM

Quote:
NM, it sounds like you are working it all out, just fine. I still don't know why you aren't trying to go to school in Denver, you seem to love that place. But, I'm sure there's a good reason.
If I remember right, he can get a much better deal on in-state tuition and financing, compared to transferring to an out of state school.

Old 04-17-2011, 03:20 PM
Potatohead's nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutbolAmericano View Post
Haven't had a drink for 6 weeks. I'll pour a cold one next weekend.

Hope everything works out for your friend. Some people find their mojo later on.

Have fun golfing. Seems like a perfect day for it.
Good on ya for sticking to it!

The guy is a complete blast to hangout with, albeit that is few and far between for me and him because of location. He's 40 now, and really having a tough go of it lately. Similar to some of things NM has been saying, he has some regrets that he get get stuck dwelling on.

If done correctly, I really think a change of location will do him wonders, I really do.

Edit- I golfed yesterday, it was stinking hot, but a good time. Shot 86 but made some much better swings, so I'm pretty happy with that, for now.

Old 04-17-2011, 03:26 PM
Potatohead's nightmare

Quote:
Yeah ... the whole midwest has been hit really hard. I hope things work out for him. It sucks being in a funk like that. Any chance you can help swing a job for him someplace?
I'm not really sure. I tried to talk with him yesterday about the direction he wanted to go as far as work, and he was all over the board. I'll call him a little later after some of his interviews and see where he's at.

Quote:
If I remember right, he can get a much better deal on in-state tuition and financing, compared to transferring to an out of state school.
Yeah, that's probably it, I forgot about that.

Old 04-17-2011, 03:28 PM

Well, I'm off to enjoy the rest of this beautiful day. Got the yardwork done. Time to go for a ride.

My sweet peas and string beans are up! I sure hope ole man winter doesn't decide to make one last appearance. Supposed to rain all week, which could turn into snow on a moments notice around here.

See ya all later on ....

Old 04-17-2011, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Snake View Post
NM

If I may chime in....

I just think you're going through a whirlwind of change right now.
Learn from it. Pull something from it.
It will make you a better, more adapted individual as a result.

We can't hold onto everything forever, although we might want to. (I know I feel this way)
The more we let go, the easier losing things become.
I think that's why I should go to Albuquerque. Even though I hate this place, I think I want to stay because it's already comfortable for me. I know the school, I know the city, I know some people. I just hate it all. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkitty View Post
But 5? and then 5 back?
How far do you think 5 miles is? That's like 30-40 minutes.
Quote:
NM, it sounds like you are working it all out, just fine. I still don't know why you aren't trying to go to school in Denver, you seem to love that place. But, I'm sure there's a good reason.
2 reasons.

1. My aunts and uncles are really...how should I put this... smothering? I would probably be expected to be there whenever I had free time. Especially since CU Denver is only about 10 minutes from my uncle's house. Yeah, that's why I'm gonna live in like LIttleton or something when I do move there. lol

Also, since I'm about 95% sure I will live there after college, I kind of like the idea of being somewhere else before I do that.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:31 PM
Potatohead's nightmare

Have a great ride CT.

I'm gonna go hit golf balls in the backyard. It's too nice out to be inside.

Closed Thread