Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2012, 08:00 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadTrip View Post
Oops, I guess I gave myself away when I said-

Well played sir.
Haha, i figured. They just dont play anything alike.

Fisher is much more polished, and seems quicker to me, while Lewan is much more powerful, inline and is MUCH more techincally raw, he's got a LOT of work to do...
Old 12-23-2012, 08:10 PM
Embrace the Sadness :'(

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDFaiderHater View Post
Lewan has IMO the best physical ability by a good margin. better than Joeckel, WAY better than Fisher. Technique can be taught. he is my pick if we go OL as with the win today there is no chance we get Joeckel.
Bending at the knees can't really be taught. Waist benders will almost always revert back to bending at the waist. It's like a Quarterback's throwing motion. Lewan is a waist-bender, and that is the biggest negative he has.

In response to SDC-SBV-1D, our range is 6-13. So 6 is the highest we can pick. 8-10 is more likely if we lose, 11-13 if we win.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:30 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDfootball61 View Post
Haha, i figured. They just dont play anything alike.

Fisher is much more polished, and seems quicker to me, while Lewan is much more powerful, inline and is MUCH more techincally raw, he's got a LOT of work to do...
Got it. I guess which is better for us really depends on who the new HC is, although T4aR is right... Waist bending is one of the hardest habits for a player to break and it's a bad one. They are both tall so bending at the knee is even more important.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:37 PM
Veteran

Watching the Seahawks play. It seems like every other player called is a 3rd or 4th round pick!

We need to start nailing those picks
Old 12-23-2012, 10:10 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC-SBV-1D View Post
So whats the highest pick possible now assuming we lose next week?
I think right now we're #11. I don't know exactly but I'd guess the range is between pick 7 and 16.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:44 PM
Give me moar BEEF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time4aRing View Post
Bending at the knees can't really be taught. Waist benders will almost always revert back to bending at the waist. It's like a Quarterback's throwing motion. Lewan is a waist-bender, and that is the biggest negative he has.

In response to SDC-SBV-1D, our range is 6-13. So 6 is the highest we can pick. 8-10 is more likely if we lose, 11-13 if we win.
Lewan will never be the technician that Joeckel or Fisher is, but he still has quick feet, and I think his pass blocking will improve, not that its really that huge of a liability right now.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:58 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadTrip View Post
Got it. I guess which is better for us really depends on who the new HC is, although T4aR is right... Waist bending is one of the hardest habits for a player to break and it's a bad one. They are both tall so bending at the knee is even more important.
That was a big point that i had against him a while back when we got into this argument. He bends at the waist and lunges a LOT. He's very raw, but the quick feet and athleticism are all there to churn him into a good player, i'm just scared of him lunging like that consistently. Playing at a higher weight (which is Fishers biggest problem) is usually a very simple fix. It was a big concern for guys like Solder, Smith, and it was a strike against Okung IIRC even guys who weren't doing quite as well like Costanzo, all haven't had much of a problem playing with more weight/power.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:23 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andocug View Post
I think right now we're #11. I don't know exactly but I'd guess the range is between pick 7 and 16.
I believe we are 10th

1.Chiefs- 2-13 SOS: .489
2.Jags- 2-13 SOS: .551
3.Raiders- 4-11 SOS: .471
4.Eagles- 4-11 SOS: .507
5.Lions- 4-11 SOS: .569
6.Bills- 5-10 SOS: .493
7.Browns- 5-10 SOS: .502
8.Titans- 5-10 SOS: .538
9.Cardinals- 5-10 SOS: .553
10. Chargers- 6-9 SOS: .471
11. Bucs- 6-9 SOS .482
12. Jets- 6-9 SOS .516
13. Panthers- 6-9 SOS .520
14. Steelers- 7-8 SOS .476
15. Dolphins- 7-8 SOS .480
16. Saints- 7-8 SOS .527

So we can be as high as 6th or as low as 16th haven't checked if any of these teams are playing each other and also how the SOS of schedules will change after next week. However if all the 5-10 teams win and we lose it does look like we would be ahead of them judging by the gap in SOS.

It doesn't look like if we ended up with the same record as the Saints and Dolphins we would pick after them due to SOS. So my guess is anywhere from 6-14
Old 12-24-2012, 11:39 AM
Hall of Famer

If everything goes right we can pick as high as 7 or as low as 11 but thats if things go just right. And if that happens our SOS would be .465
I havent figured out where we would be if things dont go right yet but I am working on it
Old 12-24-2012, 12:15 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargersfan85 View Post
If everything goes right we can pick as high as 7 or as low as 11 but thats if things go just right. And if that happens our SOS would be .465
I havent figured out where we would be if things dont go right yet but I am working on it
Im pretty sure we can get as high as 6th and as low as like 14 or 15