Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2012, 02:09 PM
Hall of Famer

Man so winning or losing would only change us 3 spots, come on, people still want us to roll over for 3 spots? Insanity.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:13 PM
RyanMathews

The Bills and the Titans took take care of business, so that improves our position by two spots, correct?
Old 12-30-2012, 02:16 PM
Embrace the Sadness :'(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dha View Post
this is fans talking, wanting a loss to improve the team's position in the draft. This has nothing to do with coaches or players on the field.
The whole point to being a fan, of a team that plays competitive games, is to watch/root for your team to win in those competitive games. I don't care if they are meaningless. I never enjoy watching us lose, I always want us to win. From my point of view, wanting my team to lose to improve our draft position is ludicrous.

I understand that if we lose, we as fans can be excited about the 8th pick in the draft and that takes some of the sting away. But rooting for us to lose, that is not fathomable to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNAFTA View Post
Man so winning or losing would only change us 3 spots, come on, people still want us to roll over for 3 spots? Insanity.
Insanity, indeed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanMathews View Post
The Bills and the Titans took take care of business, so that improves our position by two spots, correct?
Only if we lose.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:27 PM
Hall of Famer

Spurlock just showed Chargers fans what a meaningless game means to him, take some notes. That is heart, that is something to play for, that is someone we should of never of cut to keep Goodman, that is an example of why Norv is getting canned for passing on talented FA's like this AJ brings in.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:28 PM

Had we lost last week, we could have probably secured a top 6 pick.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:29 PM
Hall of Famer

I'm rooting for my team also, just in a different way. I see no merit of winning a meaningless game and possibly losing out on a game changing player in the draft because of it. To each his own.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:32 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dha View Post
I'm rooting for my team also, just in a different way. I see no merit of winning a meaningless game and possibly losing out on a game changing player in the draft because of it. To each his own.
Winning and Losing changes us about 3 spots, I don't call 3 spots game changing, root for your team to win. If they lose we pick 3 spots sooner and you can still be happy.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNAFTA View Post
Winning and Losing changes us about 3 spots, I don't call 3 spots game changing, root for your team to win. If they lose we pick 3 spots sooner and you can still be happy.

You don't think 3 spots is much?

3 spots could be the difference between Peyton Manning and Ryan Leaf. It could be the difference between DeMarcus Ware and Shawne Merriman. it could be the difference between Roddy White and Luis Castillo. 3 spots is the difference between Larry English & Brian Cushing. 3 picks could be the difference between Bruce Irvin and Melvin Ingram. I could go on but I think you get the point.

I understand that you want to see the Chargers win always and I can respect that even though I disagree with it because I don't see the point of winning meaningless games if it costs us our future. To each his own.

But to say 3 spots in the NFL draft doesn't mean much is a bit silly.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:53 PM
Hall of Famer

If we win the best we can pick is 11, we lose the best we can get is 8 but to get 8 the cardinals would have to beat the 49ers
Old 12-30-2012, 03:00 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weddle46 View Post
You don't think 3 spots is much?

3 spots could be the difference between Peyton Manning and Ryan Leaf. It could be the difference between DeMarcus Ware and Shawne Merriman. it could be the difference between Roddy White and Luis Castillo. 3 spots is the difference between Larry English & Brian Cushing. 3 picks could be the difference between Bruce Irvin and Melvin Ingram. I could go on but I think you get the point.

I understand that you want to see the Chargers win always and I can respect that even though I disagree with it because I don't see the point of winning meaningless games if it costs us our future. To each his own.

But to say 3 spots in the NFL draft doesn't mean much is a bit silly.
No I don't think 3 spots means that much when it's between 10 and 13. Maybe between 1 and 4. Sure we could of had Roddy White instead of Luis Castillo, but Logan Mankins was there after both of those picks. Merriman was a damn beast, never going to regret that pick, only what the Titans did to his career. How about all the great players taken after picks we had taken Cromartie when Tamba and Mankins are on the board later. 3 spots is no assurance, period. Did 3 spots make us take English over Percy Harvin, Kenny Britt, Ziggy Hood, Michael Oher, Clay Matthews, Jeremy Maclin, nope our scouts and front office did. There is value no matter where you pick, and your pick is only as good as the person making the call.