Ok. who let gooey out 6 13.04%
bacon and waffles. thats on my mind 14 30.43%
TPVG is back!!! 6 13.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 08:08 AM
The Maple Tree

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/media/USA...e3bc4da4bf3083

The car of NASCAR Nationwide Series driver Kyle Larson catches fire after a crash during the DRIVE4COPD 300 at Daytona International Speedway

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:19 AM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocharge View Post
Morning

I have never heard a crash like that one, maybe because it was right at the finish line and audio recording. The engine block landed right on the edge of the stands and a tire landed up in the rows, not a good thing for a spectator sport.
I remember back in the early days of Top Fuel, when they used to have blower explosions, and send engine parts raining down into the stands. Lots of injuries back then.

Then they started lining the tracks with catch fences, lined the track down both sides with a concrete retaining wall, as well as one down the middle, and added straps that keep the blower on the engine if there's an explosion, and it pretty much solved the problem.

That NASCAR catch fence is 22 feet high. They'll probably make it 25 feet now. I'm still amazed that it pretty much stopped a car doing 200 miles per hour headed for the finish line.

And those cars are engineering marvels. How those guys can completely destroy a car like that, then get out and walk away is mind blowing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 02-24-2013, 09:09 AM
The Maple Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
I remember back in the early days of Top Fuel, when they used to have blower explosions, and send engine parts raining down into the stands. Lots of injuries back then.

Then they started lining the tracks with catch fences, lined the track down both sides with a concrete retaining wall, as well as one down the middle, and added straps that keep the blower on the engine if there's an explosion, and it pretty much solved the problem.

That NASCAR catch fence is 22 feet high. They'll probably make it 25 feet now. I'm still amazed that it pretty much stopped a car doing 200 miles per hour headed for the finish line.

And those cars are engineering marvels. How those guys can completely destroy a car like that, then get out and walk away is mind blowing.

It is like watching cartoons when the drivers walk away from a wreck. The cement barriers (retaining wall) made a big difference, maybe some steel for the fence at least towards the lower part of the fence. Especially since Daytona is a premier race track. Kind of similar to the NFL with big hits in order to keep the sport mainstream for everyone to see.

Old 02-24-2013, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post
So it sounds like two of you both give that place a thumbs up?

I've missed Spanish food. A few questions, if you don't mind.

1) Do they serve paella with enough saffron to be legit?

2) Do they serve Spanish tortilla? (Nothing like a mexican tortilla, for the rest of you. More like a frittata.

3) What kind of dancing, Gooey?
The last I went there I had thumper. Rabbit stew. The paella is delicioueah, it is authentic.

do serve Spanish tortilla.

A lot of dance music. Some hip hop, some salsa. No gaucho music.

Last edited by guerro619; 02-24-2013 at 10:02 AM..
Old 02-24-2013, 10:02 AM

Thumped rabbit stew?

I'm intrigued.

Old 02-24-2013, 10:03 AM

Morning peeps.......
Old 02-24-2013, 10:12 AM

Mornin', Goo. Day off?

Old 02-24-2013, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Mornin', Goo. Day off?
Nope. Going to work.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:18 AM

Bummer, man.

You could always come up here, and shovel some snow.

Old 02-24-2013, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Bummer, man.

You could always come up here, and shovel some snow.
No thanks. I would rather complain here that it is cold when its in the 50's here. Just because im Mexican doesn't mean you can subject me to manual labor.
Closed Thread