Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What is on my mind.
Tom, Where's my jerky???!!! 11 23.91%
I ran out of Chill Pills 18 39.13%
Ok. who let gooey out 6 13.04%
bacon and waffles. thats on my mind 14 30.43%
TPVG is back!!! 6 13.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1551  
Old 02-25-2013, 05:16 PM
LongTimeOCBolts's Avatar
LongTimeOCBolts LongTimeOCBolts is offline
<< . . . . . . .
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lots of different places
Posts: 20,360
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutbolAmericano View Post
Based on this and some of your previous contributions, it seems our tastes may run the same.
  #1552  
Old 02-25-2013, 05:18 PM
cthommes's Avatar
cthommes cthommes is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ventura
Posts: 8,101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
Not "real" sports by my definition ChargerTom!

Let's see a lady compete in the NBA, NFL, NHL or MLB. No engines, guns or horses.
Well of course there's not much, but I found these sorta impressive--

Jackie Tonawanda KO'd Larry Rodania in the 2nd.
Billy Jean King beat Bobby Riggs in straight sets.
Jackie Mitchell struck out Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig back to back in 7 pitches.

http://www.totalprosports.com/2011/1...d-against-men/
__________________
-New guy, no sig.
  #1553  
Old 02-25-2013, 05:23 PM
LongTimeOCBolts's Avatar
LongTimeOCBolts LongTimeOCBolts is offline
<< . . . . . . .
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lots of different places
Posts: 20,360
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthommes View Post
Well of course there's not much, but I found these sorta impressive--

Jackie Tonawanda KO'd Larry Rodania in the 2nd.
Billy Jean King beat Bobby Riggs in straight sets.
Jackie Mitchell struck out Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig back to back in 7 pitches.

http://www.totalprosports.com/2011/1...d-against-men/
Don't know about two of them, but the Billy Jean King thing was a joke. Took an old man from a resting home, then let BJK use the doubles section of the court, as well. I think the entertainment value they had been hoping for was that Riggs might have a coronary.
  #1554  
Old 02-25-2013, 05:25 PM
cthommes's Avatar
cthommes cthommes is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ventura
Posts: 8,101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post
Don't know about two of them, but the Billy Jean King thing was a joke. Took an old man from a resting home, then let BJK use the doubles section of the court, as well. I think the entertainment value they had been hoping for was that Riggs might have a coronary.
Sounds kinda like the NASCAR appeal...
__________________
-New guy, no sig.
  #1555  
Old 02-25-2013, 05:43 PM
The Moekid's Avatar
The Moekid The Moekid is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 38,412
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthommes View Post
Sounds kinda like the NASCAR appeal...
that's right! Human carnage as entertainment.

The BJK/BR fiasco was a big joke. He was a 50+ yr old retired player. Most people forget that he beat Margaret Court a few months or so before he played BJK.

Put Rafael Nadal or Roger Federer on the court against the #1 woman's player today. Who believes the #1 woman's player could successfully compete?
  #1556  
Old 02-25-2013, 05:47 PM
The Moekid's Avatar
The Moekid The Moekid is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 38,412
Default

barefoot and pregnant I say!!!
  #1557  
Old 02-25-2013, 05:47 PM
Shamrock's Avatar
Shamrock Shamrock is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Alamo
Posts: 60,830
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post
Ahem . . . only if you are referring to Korean War fighter pilots.*

Carry on.


* or maybe some Air Force weenies.
I lol'd .......
__________________
Nonsense News Network

Sound is my enemy .... Closed Captioning is my friend.
  #1558  
Old 02-25-2013, 05:48 PM
chargertom's Avatar
chargertom chargertom is offline
Bandwagon Homer Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Richfield
Posts: 73,242
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
Who believes the #1 woman's player could successfully compete?
Successfully compete, as in win ... or as in compete without getting totally destroyed?
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Los Angeles Super Chargers!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #1559  
Old 02-25-2013, 05:51 PM
The Moekid's Avatar
The Moekid The Moekid is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 38,412
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
Successfully compete, as in win ... or as in compete without getting totally destroyed?
compete like the Chargers against the Patriots. Seemingly have a chance to win if a few things don't go wrong or even win!!!!
  #1560  
Old 02-25-2013, 05:53 PM
Totally Bolted's Avatar
Totally Bolted Totally Bolted is online now
Moderator of Delusions
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Some where north of San Diego
Posts: 22,888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
that's right! Human carnage as entertainment.

The BJK/BR fiasco was a big joke. He was a 50+ yr old retired player. Most people forget that he beat Margaret Court a few months or so before he played BJK.

Put Rafael Nadal or Roger Federer on the court against the #1 woman's player today. Who believes the #1 woman's player could successfully compete?
Speed and power would be the edge for the men. If say Venus or Serena played I think they would compete. It would be all reaction time. Win no, but I bet there are women players that could hold there own against the spectrum of male players.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The best Offense is a good Defense.
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:19 PM.


© 2018 Los Angeles Chargers. All Rights Reserved.