Tom, Where's my jerky???!!! 11 23.91%
I ran out of Chill Pills 18 39.13%
Ok. who let gooey out 6 13.04%
bacon and waffles. thats on my mind 14 30.43%
TPVG is back!!! 6 13.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 10:51 AM

Speaking of the Grammy's, call me a hipster but I had to roll my eyes cuz the best "new" artist FUN. has been on my iPod for years.

The Lumineers also not that "new," and they're from Denver, b t dubs. Kinda cool for me anyway.

Last edited by nmboltsfan; 02-11-2013 at 10:53 AM..
Old 02-11-2013, 11:01 AM
@TeeOhEmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmboltsfan View Post
Speaking of the Grammy's, call me a hipster but I had to roll my eyes cuz the best "new" artist FUN. has been on my iPod for years.

The Lumineers also not that "new," and they're from Denver, b t dubs. Kinda cool for me anyway.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" border="0" />
Old 02-11-2013, 02:35 PM

Quote:
I appreciate it, and I understand what you're saying, but I just see this more as a hobby than anything else. I dunno.

But hell yeah I'm afraid of rejection and failure. Who isn't?

Dude. Don't ask her to take a picture with the gift you send her. Please. Don't.

Please.

I mostly agreed with you until I read this and vomited.
If she wants to I'm not going to be like "no that sucks for you". Its up to her if she wants to not me.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Chelu View Post
Late to the party, but you can't really add Jay Z to the 2000 and on group. He's been around forever.

I agree with Tom that Gangster rap is what killed hop hop, and that's coming from a huge fan of Easy E. If you listen to Nas' "Hip Hop is Dead" album he talks about how Hip Hop uses to actually be music... How songs used to tell a story and actually have meaning behind them. Then gangster rap hit, and the whole game changed. Nas himself says he helped influence the change. Then Southern hip hop came out where it's all about money and girls. This is what really ruined hip hop imo. There's no meaning behind it whatsoever. It's horrible...

Luckily we have SOME artists out there that are willing to bring true hip hop back. Unfortunately artists like that don't get super big. Obviously you're going to have a few (Kanye, Jay Z, Lupe Fiasco, and others) but even some of their music isn't that great. It's just a catchy beat ad some rhymes thrown in. It's lazy... And Lupe is by FAR one of my favorite artists. Just some of his recent stuff is disappointing. Still a great artist...

And on that note, I'm late to work.
See you guys around Lunch.
I disagree with what Nas said. He's from a different era of hip hop so sure he feels that way about how the game is changing.

People like Frank Ocean, Kendrick Lamar, A$AP Rocky, Mackelmoore, Childish Gambino, Schoolboy Q, among others are evolving the genre so I don't think its dieing or dead.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshie4 View Post
I think for the time being electronic type music is going to be added into a lot of genres. It's what's popular at the moment. The 80's had the same type of thing happen with synthesisers and all that. A lot of people weren't fans of it but now we look back on some of the classics from the 80's and they use synthesisers. Well i like them anyway haha.

I was wondering how much i liked "Electronic Rock". So wiki'd it and some of the bands. I like it a lot haha.

Video games showed me some of the best music. From True Crime NYC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8vzbezVru4
Remember the "drive" soundtrack? Thats what got me into it.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:51 PM

Quad post, Looks like "Buckwild" is the new Jersey Shore.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:01 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Believe it or not, I was actually thinking about this yesterday. And I kind of hate myself for it.

I think in a way I kind of want to be not accepted at another University out of state. That just makes it easier to stay here. It gives me an excuse.

I dunno, it was just one of those epic life realizations you come to when you're in the shower. Haha. But yeah, I don't know. I guess it's kind of true. On the one hand, I want to go out and have this awesomely interesting life, but on the other hand, I'm terrified. In this case not of being rejected, but of actually leaving.

I don't know. It's stupid.
One day you are going to die. Don't let fear rule your life.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolting Xero View Post
If she wants to I'm not going to be like "no that sucks for you". Its up to her if she wants to not me.
Wait. Am I misunderstanding the situation? Because your response doesn't make sense if my response was about the right thing?

What are we talking about?
Old 02-11-2013, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt Cola View Post
4 of those things are correct.

Last edited by nmboltsfan; 02-11-2013 at 03:53 PM..
Old 02-11-2013, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Wait. Am I misunderstanding the situation? Because your response doesn't make sense if my response was about the right thing?

What are we talking about?
...Taking the picture.
Closed Thread