Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Ownership, Management & Coaching
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2017, 08:05 AM
Veteran

You know, at the beginning of this move the expectation were really high. Not only for winning, right. We all want the team to do well, besides that people also long for a change; something that light a spark to start a fire to grow into something big. That hasn't come yet.

I think the strategy the team has is to let the playing do the talking and win win win. When we are not winning now, nobody is talking. Their public approach has been sort of a hard sell. I had said a while ago the exit strategy of leaving SD was an unprepared or unexpected one is becoming more clear Unfortunately its also becoming this impersonal affair. The cheeky player on tv shows, yes they are good but what else besides just trying to sell the chargers name? Subsequently, you can feel it at the game that it is not anything like a Charger's home game, beside the crowd the look and the feel of it is like an airb'n'b of football stadium. It wasn't the size of it, its how they treat it. For all that money they charge for entry plus the public relations they've been doing with the diners in town, they should have the world greatest food experience there. Can they make it feel just a little bit more like I am entering the Chargers domain?

I was reading something about Bruce Arena pleading to the City of Orlando to come out to support them when they play there against Panama. To give them that 12th men on the field. I have to give it to him because his record lately isn't great but he put himself out there to say hey i need you the fans to be out there. I bet you they will be there today.

Somebody needs to be the face of the chargers and need to be able to take that role for the Charges right now because the team is losing. Somebody bold enough to be out there pleading to fans from far and near to support the team and can do it in good taste and feel personal.

Its not what you have, its how you sell it.

Last edited by c'monchargers; 10-06-2017 at 04:31 PM..
Old 10-27-2017, 11:24 AM
Rookie

Decent article here about why the Chargers move to L.A. makes "financial sense."

http://www.espn.com/blog/los-angeles...inancial-sense
Old 10-28-2017, 02:05 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shruggie View Post
Decent article here about why the Chargers move to L.A. makes "financial sense."

http://www.espn.com/blog/los-angeles...inancial-sense
Read that. Typical NFL, which is always about money and how to grab more of it. Every franchise shift is about getting a new, shiny stadium paid for at least mostly by the public, or by an extremely rich owner like Stan K.