Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Ownership, Management & Coaching
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 07:07 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
The Chargers were still supported very well for 50 years.
Fixed it for ya. Because the last 5-6 years were filled with blacked out broadcasts, and opposing fans invading the stadium.

You know all the reasons that have been trotted out the last decade. Too much to do in SD on a Sunday, transplant city whose residents bring their team allegiances with them, military town where service members bring their team allegiances with them, and the list goes on.

And that is NOT trying to take anything away from the guys who were there every Sunday cheering their hearts out. But trying to deny it is foolish.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 09-20-2017, 07:23 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
Fixed it for ya. Because the last 5-6 years were filled with blacked out broadcasts, and opposing fans invading the stadium.

You know all the reasons that have been trotted out the last decade. Too much to do in SD on a Sunday, transplant city whose residents bring their team allegiances with them, military town where service members bring their team allegiances with them, and the list goes on.

And that is NOT trying to take anything away from the guys who were there every Sunday cheering their hearts out. But trying to deny it is foolish.
That's not true. The last 2 years were rough but by then it was clear that the team was leaving. You see how it's going in LA?
Old 09-20-2017, 07:31 PM

Quote:
That's not true. The last 2 years were rough but by then it was clear that the team was leaving. You see how it's going in LA?
Funny thing is, Moe. I remember a lot more than two years of games being blacked out because they weren't sell outs. People have been complaining about it on these very forums for a decade.

And yes, I see how it's going at Stub Hub, and it is completely expected. At least by me. New team, new town, new coaches. No one wanting to commit until they see the results on the field. I'm completely aware of how fickle and bandwagon LA is. And if I had to bet, I'd say Spanos was, too.

Wait and see what it's like in Kroenke's new stadium, with the Hollywood elites and Fortune 500 execs wanting to be seen schmoozing there. You'll be there, right?

Old 09-20-2017, 07:44 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Funny thing is, Moe. I remember a lot more than two years of games being blacked out because they weren't sell outs. People have been complaining about it on these very forums for a decade.

And yes, I see how it's going at Stub Hub, and it is completely expected. At least by me. New team, new town, new coaches. No one wanting to commit until they see the results on the field. I'm completely aware of how fickle and bandwagon LA is. And if I had to bet, I'd say Spanos was, too.

Wait and see what it's like in Kroenke's new stadium, with the Hollywood elites and Fortune 500 execs wanting to be seen schmoozing there. You'll be there, right?
They sold out for years until LT left. Then they started to have some issues coupled with Norv. Funny thing is, the league adjusted the black out rules and Spanos could have avoided any black outs but he didn't always want to. That's what I complained about.

Doesn't matter now. If they can't turn this around on the field nobody's gonna show up at the new palace. Hollywood elites and Fortune 500 exec's have plenty of cool events to see and be seen at in LA. A half empty stadium with a losing team ain't gonna be one of them.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:21 PM
Hall of Famer

We came close to having a playoff game in San Diego blacked out.

Ct, you forgot to mention the free tacos in your list.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:30 PM

Quote:
A half empty stadium with a losing team ain't gonna be one of them.
So does that mean you will, or won't, be there?

Old 09-20-2017, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthommes View Post
We came close to having a playoff game in San Diego blacked out.

Ct, you forgot to mention the free tacos in your list.
There were free tacos?

This changes everything.

Old 09-20-2017, 09:12 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
So does that mean you will, or won't, be there?
If they are depending on life long fans who moved to LA, I'm part of a pretty small group. But I will most probably be there as I have been through thick and thin
Old 09-20-2017, 09:40 PM

Quote:
If they are depending on life long fans who moved to LA, I'm part of a pretty small group. But I will most probably be there as I have been through thick and thin
I knew we could count on you, Moe.

I can hear you chanting now!

Old 09-20-2017, 09:54 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
I knew we could count on you, Moe.

I can hear you chanting now!
You can count on me. Loyal to a fault
Closed Thread