Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Around the NFL
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Who do you want to play in the WC Round?
Texans 1 6.67%
Ravens 10 66.67%
Steelers 4 26.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-04-2018, 11:11 AM
Heartbroken Fan Each Week

Default Post-Season Speculation Matchups

Seeing as we still have four games left but it seems that we're looking good to make it into the playoffs, but I was thinking about which team we would rather play in the first round of the post-season. As of right now it's looking like a rematch with the Steelers and they'll be without James Connor pending his injury status.

Looking at the other two teams in Houston and Baltimore, I feel that Baltimore would be a good match that I want to see. I feel that we can handle that team easily and Houston is a team that I DO NOT want to see right now. What do you guys think?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-04-2018, 11:18 AM
Hall of Famer

Get the division. Then I'll like it even more.
Old 12-04-2018, 11:49 AM
Hall of Famer

Win out, do the same post-season.
Old 12-04-2018, 11:56 AM
Legend

James Conner should be back by the playoffs. The contusion is looking more like a high ankle sprain, though. That's going to put a dent in my playoff success, but it is what it is.

If we get the first seed, the order of teams I'd rather play are:

Ravens
Steelers
Texans

Texans look lethal right now, and are pretty balanced on both sides of the ball. But if the Chargers play their A game, I'd still think we can plow through any of those teams.

We'll see what the Ravens are made of in a few weeks, though.
Old 12-04-2018, 02:45 PM
glutton for punishment...

I have given up caring about this... although I like the idea of playing Pitt again... I want the Bolts to beat them again and shut their fans up. The Chargers are going to need to beat at least two very good teams to get to the Super Bowl.... and if they do not win out with an additional KC loss.... it will have to be three very good teams. If the Bolts played like they did in the 2nd half of the Pitt game... then I think they can beat any team out there. As a matter of fact... since the Bolts have been playing all of their games essentially on the road... I think they are uniquely qualified to upset home teams in the playoffs.... Getting the #1 or #2 seed would give them a bye... which would be huge... but the homefield advantage would not be that legit.

In short... I am not scoreboard watching this year at all for the WC... this team either wins enough games to get a spot or they are not good enough to make waves in the playoffs. If they do get a ticket to the dance.... then I am cool with any partner. You have to beat the best to be the best.

glutton for punishment.... glutton4Bolts
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-04-2018, 02:51 PM
& ramblin' man

would really like to even the score w/Denver & KC, and come the playoffs would love to hold court over the Pats.

Old 12-04-2018, 02:54 PM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachcomber View Post
would really like to even the score w/Denver & KC, and come the playoffs would love to hold court over the Pats.
Beat Cincy and get that 10th win.

Old 12-04-2018, 03:12 PM
Rookie

Smile

Weather will be good in Houston
Old 12-04-2018, 03:20 PM
glutton for punishment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachcomber View Post
I hope the Bolts knock Denver out of the playoff race the last week of the season. We had them by the throat... they shouldn't even have a chance right now. The Texans might be the easiest of the teams on the list... but I too would rather beat KC and the Pats.

glutton for punishment.... glutton4Bolts
Old 12-04-2018, 06:29 PM
<< . . . . . . .

Without a healthy dose of luck, we are going to be facing Pittsburgh at Pittsburgh in the first round of the playoffs.

It is going to be very hard to beat them twice in their home stadium, especially since there is a 99% chance it will be much, much colder there this time around.