Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Bolt News
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2017, 12:39 PM
Twitter: @Vrabel56

Default Complaints regarding media coverage

From glutton4Bolts

https://forums.chargers.com/showpost...2&postcount=61

Quote:
I lived in SD for my first 30 years of life.... had season tickets for the first 25. I now live in Lake Arrowhead and jones to get any info on the Pads and Chargers on the radio. Recently, SD 1360 Sports has been broadcasting on AM 1350 in the IE in the afternoons with the Loose Cannons. It has been the most obnoxious anti-Charger campaign that I have ever heard. At first, I thought that any coverage was worth it... but it has become clear that this tandem has made it a priority to sow seeds of discontent in So Cal for the Bolts. One of the broadcasters is a professed Raider Fan and they even host Raiders on their show... In San Diego for crying out loud. That is just the tip of the iceberg though... Every day it is wall-to-wall with Anti-Charger propaganda. I did not think it was possible for their to be a show dedicated to hating on a team rather than supporting one.... but it is. They also spend a significant portion of their show hating on the Padres as well... calling them a triple-A team with no content on the unreal wealth of prospects they have currently built in their Farm System. In short, I absolutely hate this program and wonder if their still on the air because the majority of SD Charger Fans feel the same way. Has the move really lost 90 percent of the fans? Why can the Raiders move to Las Vegas and not get any real negative press or loss of significant support... but the Chargers get vilified? The NFL made the Spanos Family make the move when they said the Turds would take LA if they didn't. How can you expect a franchise to have ALL of So Cal as its broadcast area and then have the Rams AND Turds move in to steal 90 percent of it? Think people. <end rant>

I completely agree with him. Even the Darren Smith show, the only decent radio sports show in San Diego, is doing a ton of Raiders interviews all off-season. San Diego is pathetic, and I still live here in the county.

The Loose Cannons are just pathetic. Now that the Bolts are gone, Costa can show his true colors as a die hard Charger hating, Raiders fan.
Old 07-25-2017, 12:58 PM
glutton for punishment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life View Post
From glutton4Bolts

https://forums.chargers.com/showpost...2&postcount=61

I completely agree with him. Even the Darren Smith show, the only decent radio sports show in San Diego, is doing a ton of Raiders interviews all off-season. San Diego is pathetic, and I still live here in the county.

The Loose Cannons are just pathetic. Now that the Bolts are gone, Costa can show his true colors as a die hard Charger hating, Raiders fan.
Thanks for making this its own thread for me :-)

In regards to the comments from Da Chargers....

Quote:
You sound mad

On the first highlighted, maybe consider other possible radio options if available?

A couple links that list Chargers broadcast info (may or may not be helpful):
http://www.chargers.com/news/2017/04...ia-los-angeles

http://www.chargers.com/news/2017/06...son-television

On the 2nd highlighted, both the Rams and Raiders moved out of L.A. after the 1994 season, the Rams had been there since 1946 and the Raiders 1982, the Chargers spent one yr (1960) in L.A. and the rest in SD, yet the Chargers 'own that market' and the Rams/Raiders are potentially 'stealing' 90% of it? ..... hmmm.

I tend to think there are a lot of Ram/Raider fans in the greater L.A. area (aside from Chargers fans) and I'd be surprised if the Chargers have 90% of the greater L.A. fan base vs those other 2 teams.

The whole move topic is highly charged and debatable pro/con, it's behind us in the rear view mirror, for myself I've chosen to move on from it and support the team, sans what I think of the owner.

Please let us get back on topic of the thread, I'm looking forward to TC and the competition and all that goes along with it .... hopefully we'll get reports from those that attend, I hope they have a good time .... 5 days to go!
1) I am indeed mad... I thought it was pretty clear from my rant. 2) Thanks for the links to alternative shows. The links were empty for a while... I am glad they filled them with content. 3) I think you mistake my notion of "market share".... I am talking about Television Market Share... not about how many fans live there or root for whom. TV has everything to do with the exposure a team gets and how successful they will be in a region in the decades to come. There may not be many Charger fans in LA now... but as they will be mandated to be shown on every TV from SD to Ventura from here on out... they will have the ability to become the team for the youth in the area and other people who are not really loyal to another team. The increase in new fans will of course be a lot easier if they win. 4) I am glad there are still fans like you and other on this forum who will back the team.

glutton for punishment.... glutton4Bolts
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-25-2017, 02:27 PM
Go Chargers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glutton4Bolts View Post
Thanks for making this its own thread for me :-)

In regards to the comments from Da Chargers....

1) I am indeed mad... I thought it was pretty clear from my rant. 2) Thanks for the links to alternative shows. The links were empty for a while... I am glad they filled them with content. 3) I think you mistake my notion of "market share".... I am talking about Television Market Share... not about how many fans live there or root for whom. TV has everything to do with the exposure a team gets and how successful they will be in a region in the decades to come. There may not be many Charger fans in LA now... but as they will be mandated to be shown on every TV from SD to Ventura from here on out... they will have the ability to become the team for the youth in the area and other people who are not really loyal to another team. The increase in new fans will of course be a lot easier if they win. 4) I am glad there are still fans like you and other on this forum who will back the team.
I agree TV exposure can certainly help build a fan base, however, all folks including you and me have choices, we can watch/follow or not .... just because it's on TV (mandated?) doesn't mean everyone will watch.

Does anyone know whether the Chargers have a radio/TV broadcast agreement for SD? .... I'd read a while back they hadn't at that time, will games be shown in SD? .... I live in the IE, so I'll see them on ABC 7.

I can see the frustration if radio guys are talking down the Chargers, I don't listen to radio myself, except music, my best advice is to seek other alternatives if available, such as you've found @ the CMB.

Looking forward to TC and PS games, this team is looking very intriguing to me, heading in.

Go Chargers!
Old 07-26-2017, 06:56 AM

I saw on reddit today that the Loose Cannons had a whole segment trying to say the Chargers were going to take Watson but Rivers "threw a tantrum" and demanded they take a WR. Then they went on a tangent on how the Chargers need to move on from Rivers.

Hey at least the Loose Cannons supposedly have started a war with the Judson and Hardwick show. Apparently the J&H show has been calling the Loose Cannons out for what they've become.... a Raiders show.
Old 07-26-2017, 08:49 AM

Quote:
I saw on reddit today that the Loose Cannons had a whole segment trying to say the Chargers were going to take Watson but Rivers "threw a tantrum" and demanded they take a WR. Then they went on a tangent on how the Chargers need to move on from Rivers.

Hey at least the Loose Cannons supposedly have started a war with the Judson and Hardwick show. Apparently the J&H show has been calling the Loose Cannons out for what they've become.... a Raiders show.
This is the segment that pushed me over the edge and led to said rant. I was screaming at the radio while waiting in line at the El Pollo Loco Drive-Thru. The anger was rising over the last two months ever since they started broadcasting the show in the IE. It started off not so bad. I understood why a lot of the fans were angry and thought that the outlet was healthy as some had to exercise some demons... but it became clear pretty quickly that the show was designed to bash the organization. It has now become pretty close to a Fake News show on the Bolts... where opinions get laid down as facts. The PR segment was ridiculous. Watson is the 2nd coming and PR whined so much that the FO changed their minds.?.? All of it was based on hearsay from Chris Simms (I think). On top of that, they laid out how bad PRs record is over the last 7 seasons.... Talk about cherry picking the seasons to include. Start at the year the Bolts last failed to win the division so that you can say... "they have no division titles in the last 7 years". Then fail to mention that this is a team game and that having the worst OL in football can seriously affect a QBs success. His record is really only sub .500 in the last two seasons... but since they were only 4 and 5 win seasons it makes it look bad. They also said that we should try and trade PR for Watson straight up because we are building for the future and can't win now. Again, all of it is vitriol from a duo that is playing off the emotions of a hurt city... What's worse? That one of the duo is a professed Turd fan who has to just be loving this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-26-2017, 08:31 AM
Hall of Famer

dude Chargers should have fired their ENTIRE PR and media departments upon arrival to LA. They should have got a contract with Fox to be exclusive, etc on radio just like the Rams did with ESPN.

Old 07-26-2017, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glutton4Bolts View Post
Has the move really lost 90 percent of the fans?
By the way, according to every poll done by the UT so far, it has been about an even split. Usually 30% won't support the Chargers. 20% won't support the NFL anymore. 50% is staying with the Chargers.

Is that the Loose Cannons saying 90% of the fanbase is gone? LOL!

I expect that 50% to rise the more football season approaches. Shoot, I've had four people at work so far come back.
Old 07-26-2017, 11:01 AM
Rookie

Our fan base has always been small so what else is new. A few less people wont change much.

Old 07-26-2017, 12:51 PM

Quote:
By the way, according to every poll done by the UT so far, it has been about an even split. Usually 30% won't support the Chargers. 20% won't support the NFL anymore. 50% is staying with the Chargers.

I expect that 50% to rise the more football season approaches. Shoot, I've had four people at work so far come back.
That is probably why they do their own polls. All of the real Charger Fans can't stand their show. As such, anyone who participates is a basher.

Old 07-26-2017, 02:20 PM
<< . . . . . . .

Quote:

Who knows. Whatever the correct number (optimistic one you cite is 50%); the Chargers lost a bunch of fans, and will have to try to gain new ones.