Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Around the NFL
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2012, 11:24 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargrfan View Post
Neither Meachem nor Royal have to put up VJ stats...they just have to be effective and they have definitely not done that so far this season.
Has VJ really been effective this year?

His team is 3-4.

Our team is 3-3. After our game this week, we could be 4-3.

So right now, are you counting individual contributions, or team stats? This is an open ended debate, that there is no correct answer to. It all depends on your perspective, and your personal opinion.

Would it have been nice to keep VJ around? Sure. Would it have been worth it, if that meant we couldn't resign some core players, pick up some much needed free agents, and pay our draft picks? Absolutely not.

I wish VJ all the luck in the world. Except when we play against him. Then I hope he goes 1 catch for 8 yards. Other than that, he's a non-factor in my personal football world. Just like every other player who's ever left this team.

I guess I might care more, if he was on my fantasy team.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 10-26-2012, 01:36 AM
In Telesco I trust

Im sad we couldnt keep him. I really wanted him but he was not worth the money he wanted. He was just being too greedy asking for a 57mil contract
He also looks slower in tampa imo. I think that Florida happy hour is beginning to catch up to him
Old 10-26-2012, 02:32 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
No, but in week ten, we can compare Meacham and VJ's stats, side by side.
Why week ten ???? Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, because VJ is straight up destroying him right now. Right. Gotcha. Try to give Meh-hem a little time eh ? That's fine, we can look in week ten too. For the sake of our team I hope Meachem catches up !

They just gave VJ another game ball. Getting triple teamed freed up the rest of the offense.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:45 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
If Meacham does, do you think people will stop lamenting about how the Chargers can't win a game without VJ?

To each his own, I guess. I'd much rather support a player on our roster, than a player who is no longer here.

And for the record, it would have been nice to get VJ signed. But not at the cost of putting the team into cap hell, or having to pass on all the moves we made because he signed elsewhere.
Love VJ tom. VJ only has love for you. VJ misses you.

VJ just sent me an email:

"Let the haters hate and watch the stats pile up."
Old 10-26-2012, 06:26 AM
Marion Butts

Quote:

His team is 3-4.

So right now, are you counting individual contributions, or team stats? This is an open ended debate, that there is no correct answer to. It all depends on your perspective, and your personal opinion.

Would it have been nice to keep VJ around? Sure. Would it have been worth it, if that meant we couldn't resign some core players, pick up some much needed free agents, and pay our draft picks? Absolutely not.

I wish VJ all the luck in the world. Except when we play against him. Then I hope he goes 1 catch for 8 yards. Other than that, he's a non-factor in my personal football world. Just like every other player who's ever left this team.

I guess I might care more, if he was on my fantasy team.
yes...hes been effective. The team is 3-4. Last year they were 4-12. Coaches, analysts and teammates say he has had a positive effect on the team, not just on the field but off the field as well. I posted stats earlier in the thread that showed how the passing game in Tampa has been much better with his addition, going from 24th in yards per pass attempt to 2nd, while the chargers have dropped from 5th to 22nd.

The chargers thus far have shown no improvement. 3-3 this year after an 8-8 season last year. However the reason the team has 3 wins is not due to the passing game, the passing game has been a weakness thus far, which it had never been when VJ was here. Its cant all be coincidence, can it?

2nd bolded..why do you hope he gets held to 1 catch 8 yards when we play the bucs?...he could go for 50 catches for 1000 yards against us as long as we win...right?...right?

-Mario Lopez
Old 10-26-2012, 06:56 AM
Veteran

Quote:

His team is 3-4.

Straw man. WRs don't win games by themselves. The Bucs looked much better than the Chargers. When was the last time we beat a team that was 3 games over .500 in their building? I'll wait. (2009 @ Dallas with VJ with 120 yards on 7 catches. You might count 2009 @ NYG but they were 2 games over at the time, still.. VJ game winner).

Last edited by ImGoinToJackson; 10-26-2012 at 07:05 AM..
Old 10-26-2012, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
"Let the haters hate and watch the stats pile up."
Glad you said stats, and not wins.

Old 10-26-2012, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marion butts View Post
2nd bolded..why do you hope he gets held to 1 catch 8 yards when we play the bucs?...he could go for 50 catches for 1000 yards against us as long as we win...right?...right?
Of course. The ultimate goal is a win.

And after spending $50mil+ on VJ, would you really expect to read anything else from Tampa?

Old 10-26-2012, 08:02 AM
Marion Butts

Quote:
Of course. The ultimate goal is a win.

And after spending $50mil+ on VJ, would you really expect to read anything else from Tampa?
Ah, got it. Propaganda. Of course.

-Mario Lopez
Old 10-26-2012, 10:03 AM

Hey VJ didn't have a great game so all come to this thread and point that out.

We can rabble rabble the night away.