Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Season Ticket Holders and Ticket Inquiries
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 08-31-2017, 02:57 PM
JKru's Avatar
JKru JKru is offline
Noob
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Newbury Park
Posts: 170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post
Good grief.

They just released the single-game tickets that they had to hold back. There aren't that many, and they are very expensive.

When you say that you see plenty of tickets, recognize that the majority are those on the secondary market. (depending on your settings). The TicketMaster site shows the original-sale tix at the top; then tickets that season ticket holders have put up on the NFL Ticket Exchange. In other words -- you're seeing the scalpers' seats as well.
Also not clear to me, is if these tickets don't represent season ticket holders that have been returned their tickets per the chargers portal? There is an option to resell tickets through the Chargers website, and I do believe that was the method they intended for fans to use. (probably prevents the re-sale of tickets at higher than face value by the season ticket holder... )

The reason I wonder this... I'm looking at the ticket list for the raiders game, and one of the people sitting near my seats had indicated they were the season ticket holder of the seat. Well, that seat is up for sale. But I'm not seeing it for sale for any other game.

Just thought it was curious.
__________________
2017 Draft, 03/17/17:
1st: Thomas/Adams/M. Williams
2nd: Lamp/Feeney/Dion Dawkins ROT/OG
3rd: Chris Godwin - WR, Sidney Jones - DB
4th: Nico Siragusa/Isaac Asiata - OG
5th: Delano Hill - FS
6th: George Kittle - TE
7th: Josh Dobbs/Trevor Knight - QB
***********
Add'l players of interest:
Nazir Jones - DT (4th round?)
Sidney Jones - CB (injured, trade back into 3rd?)
***********
New Season Ticket Holder 2017
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-31-2017, 03:15 PM
The Moekid's Avatar
The Moekid The Moekid is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 35,665
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKru View Post
Also not clear to me, is if these tickets don't represent season ticket holders that have been returned their tickets per the chargers portal? There is an option to resell tickets through the Chargers website, and I do believe that was the method they intended for fans to use. (probably prevents the re-sale of tickets at higher than face value by the season ticket holder... )

The reason I wonder this... I'm looking at the ticket list for the raiders game, and one of the people sitting near my seats had indicated they were the season ticket holder of the seat. Well, that seat is up for sale. But I'm not seeing it for sale for any other game.

Just thought it was curious.
amazing detective work JKru
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-31-2017, 04:21 PM
LongTimeOCBolts's Avatar
LongTimeOCBolts LongTimeOCBolts is offline
<< . . . . . . .
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lots of different places
Posts: 19,886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKru View Post
Also not clear to me, is if these tickets don't represent season ticket holders that have been returned their tickets per the chargers portal? There is an option to resell tickets through the Chargers website, and I do believe that was the method they intended for fans to use. (probably prevents the re-sale of tickets at higher than face value by the season ticket holder... )

The reason I wonder this... I'm looking at the ticket list for the raiders game, and one of the people sitting near my seats had indicated they were the season ticket holder of the seat. Well, that seat is up for sale. But I'm not seeing it for sale for any other game.

Just thought it was curious.
What you're seeing is the NFL Ticket Exchange. That is the authorized way for season tix holders to sell. And their tickets get directly listed on TicketMaster right below the team-sale tickets.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-31-2017, 04:27 PM
titan05's Avatar
titan05 titan05 is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Poway
Posts: 202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltgang74 View Post
Winning changes everything,and WHEN the Bolts make the p.o.'s this year even the haters will be runnin alongside the wagon trynna leap on.
I doubt it
__________________
Common Sense just isn't Common Enough
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-31-2017, 08:23 PM
chargertom's Avatar
chargertom chargertom is offline
Bandwagon Homer Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Richfield
Posts: 73,141
Default

I was told the majority of these tickets were issued to players and staff, and now they are selling off tickets those people have turned in because for whatever reason they won't be using them.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Los Angeles Super Chargers!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-31-2017, 09:37 PM
The Moekid's Avatar
The Moekid The Moekid is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 35,665
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
I was told the majority of these tickets were issued to players and staff, and now they are selling off tickets those people have turned in because for whatever reason they won't be using them.
Mamma told me not to come
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-31-2017, 11:12 PM
Bolt4Life's Avatar
Bolt4Life Bolt4Life is offline
Release DJ Fluker!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Oceanside
Posts: 20,582
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
I was told the majority of these tickets were issued to players and staff, and now they are selling off tickets those people have turned in because for whatever reason they won't be using them.
The fiasco of the bleacher seats on the grass is the reason for this. Each NFL team has to hold back a certain number of tickets for use by opposing fan packages, employees, charities, and players.

The fire marshal shot down about half of the bleacher seats according to people who have asked. I was lucky enough to be low enough to keep my seat, but it is a significant amount.

I am assuming because the number of total tickets went down and they had to cancel some season tickets, that is the reason some of these tickets have opened up. They no longer have to keep available as many seats.

I wish the Chargers would come out and explain it for us fans who have to deal with the constant barrage from scorned San Diego fans who are hanging on by a thread.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-01-2017, 07:12 AM
cthommes's Avatar
cthommes cthommes is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ventura
Posts: 7,608
Default

While they're at it, can they tell us how many seats there are total???
__________________
-New guy, no sig.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-01-2017, 07:13 AM
The Moekid's Avatar
The Moekid The Moekid is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 35,665
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
I was told the majority of these tickets were issued to players and staff, and now they are selling off tickets those people have turned in because for whatever reason they won't be using them.
They can't even get their friends and families to come
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:55 AM.


© 2017 Los Angeles Chargers. All Rights Reserved.