Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Ownership, Management & Coaching
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2017, 05:08 AM
Forever San Diego

I worry about this coaching staff's ability to groom PR's eventual replacement. The ONLY positive to McNorv was his QB coaching ability IMHO... Whisenhunt I have doubts...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-15-2017, 05:47 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacstud View Post
How is a play predictable if you can't even name the play?

Many have said, and I agree, it was execution not scheme. Many have noted that they enjoyed some of the new twists to the run game.

Your armchair is repetitive and unenlightening, that's all. It doesn't really add anything to say, "Predictable up the gut". I honestly don't even know what that means.

I'm criticizing your post because it lacks merit. I'm sorry if you take that personally, don't. It's not personal.

Our auxiliary blocking needs to improve and our O-line need to get a little better on their consistency in the run game.

Then again, maybe we go pass-pass-run. Yeah, that's the ticket. Just do the opposite!
One concern I have with Lynn saying he abandoned the run game too soon, which you will immediately bow down and agree to BTW, is this:
It has to work first.

There has to be gainage on the ground, achieving first downs, and sustaining drives in order to maintain the run quest. If you are running 3 and outs running, you are defeating the purpose of the game, and going against the grain of a league that by design is a passing league.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-15-2017, 06:36 AM
Moderator of the Trenches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
One concern I have with Lynn saying he abandoned the run game too soon, which you will immediately bow down and agree to BTW, is this:
It has to work first.

There has to be gainage on the ground, achieving first downs, and sustaining drives in order to maintain the run quest. If you are running 3 and outs running, you are defeating the purpose of the game, and going against the grain of a league that by design is a passing league.
Marion has noted the facts of the game. I support Marion.

MB for CMB President!

Last edited by pacstud; 09-15-2017 at 07:29 AM..
Old 09-15-2017, 06:40 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacstud View Post
Marion has noted the facts of the game. I support Marion.

MB for CMB President!
marion doesn't care.

Last edited by pacstud; 09-15-2017 at 07:28 AM..
Old 09-15-2017, 05:45 PM
Ready for October

Just hope that Lynn will be the long term answer for the team. As really despite the loss, so far so good.
Old 09-15-2017, 10:27 PM
Hall of Famer

How is a play predictable...funny thing, i saw a vid of Tony Romo commentating the Raider's game and he successfully called over 40 plays before they happened!!!! "run to the left, run to the right, throw to the TE here." pretty impressive honestly. Im not sure if our play calling was predictable, but it sure was vanilla. Terrible calls on O and at times we looked lost. We knew Denver wouldnt be easy, TEs need to get involved this week.
Old 09-16-2017, 07:13 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daygobrett View Post
How is a play predictable...funny thing, i saw a vid of Tony Romo commentating the Raider's game and he successfully called over 40 plays before they happened!!!! "run to the left, run to the right, throw to the TE here." pretty impressive honestly. Im not sure if our play calling was predictable, but it sure was vanilla. Terrible calls on O and at times we looked lost. We knew Denver wouldnt be easy, TEs need to get involved this week.

Is it play calling, or execution ?

GO BOLTS !
Old 09-16-2017, 11:00 AM
Hall of Famer

Probably a little of both. Not that many reps for the O under a new regime. Then we go and play a top D in the league in their house.