AW ? IDK.
Gordon gallops.
Ekeler glides.
We either need someone
who hops
OR
someone
who plows.

BTW. We also talked to a particular Olineman.
He is called "KingKong playing football."
The Chargers may just select @17
Will Hernandez OLG UTEP.
To be our new
Louis Vasquez
OR
Kris Dielman.

Kalen Ballage...? Little bit of both...?

If we're talking to Hernandez, maybe we're thinking about moving Lamp out to RT... in case we can't get an OT in round 1. While Hernandez was destroying people in 1-on-1 drills, he didn't stand out in the game. 2nd rounder...?
Old 01-28-2018, 01:05 PM
Hall of Famer

El Tiburon, the Chark looked good cutting through the N defense. Where's he ranked?
Old 01-28-2018, 03:49 PM
Mo’ Hurts

Best part of the senior bowl was Vance Joseph and staff getting absolutely blown out despite having the 2 best QBs by a mile on his team.
4. Brian Peavy, CB
5. Hunter Renfrow, WR
6. Braden Mann, P
7. Kyle Shurmur, QB

Cut: WR Benjamin
FA: LB Barr, K Gostkowski/Gould, S Amos

Old 01-28-2018, 05:09 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
Good call cat
He should definitely
be on our radar.
How about Sony Michel or Nick Chubb?? One of these two would look good in a Chargers uniform...
Old 01-28-2018, 05:18 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricgold View Post
How about Sony Michel or Nick Chubb?? One of these two would look good in a Chargers uniform...
Yes, either one would be great, but you're talking about using a round 1 or 2 pick for either Michel or Chubb...and the Bolts have more urgent needs at LB and O-line to fill with high picks...wait until the mid rounds...very good backs can be had there...fix our O-line with some road graders and you make an average back look good and a slightly above average back look great...
3. Darnell Savage, S, Maryland
4. Tytus Howard, OT, Alabama St.
5. JoeJuan Williams, CB, Vanderbilt
6. Nic Needham, CB, UTEP
7. Prince Tega Wanogho, OT, Auburn

Old 01-28-2018, 05:29 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat4477 View Post
Yes, either one would be great, but you're talking about using a round 1 or 2 pick for either Michel or Chubb...and the Bolts have more urgent needs at LB and O-line to fill with high picks...wait until the mid rounds...very good backs can be had there...fix our O-line with some road graders and you make an average back look good and a slightly above average back look great...
Wouldn't it be great if we traded down and got Billy Price, Michel or Chubb or Penny, and a LB or DT all in the first 3 rounds??
Old 01-28-2018, 05:40 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricgold View Post
They are very good football players.
Who does noit like Michel ?
Chubb has good inside power and breakaway speed.
I am studying late rounders and kick returners.
Old 01-28-2018, 06:08 PM
Go Chargers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesultan4 View Post
Found this on Walterfootball senior bowl rumors. Thought it was an interesting read:

According to Los Angeles Chargers sources, some leftover needs from the 2017 NFL Draft could figure prominently in the Chargers' 2018 NFL Draft plans. Sources said that last year, LSU safety Jamal Adams was finalist for Los Angeles' first-round pick. The choice was made for Los Angeles as the Jets snatched up Adams one pick ahead of the Chargers. Los Angeles was thrilled to land Clemson wide receiver Mike Williams, and it feels that its offense is in great shape heading into the 2018 season.

With the offense being strong, sources with Los Angeles say that their 2018 NFL Draft class is going to be focused on the defense. The top needs the Chargers have in mind to address are safety and defensive tackle. If the right value isn't there at those positions, Los Angeles also could consider linebacker and cornerback. The only defensive position that doesn't seem to be in contention in the first round is edge rusher, as the Chargers are set with Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram. After their vigorous comeback after a rough start to the year, Los Angeles is optimistic about its team in 2018 and it feels adding more to their defense is their priority.
Thanks for posting, it's interesting but I hope those Chargers 'sources' wouldn't give away the teams draft strategy until after the draft, I think I'll take this with a huge grain of salt, it's not liars month yet, I hope their starting early regarding this rumor and creating a smoke screen.

Separately, the Senior Bowl was worth watching, some good performances, how bout Long Snapper Tanner Carew from Oregon on ST's? .... 2 tackles and 1 or 2 downed punts?, impressive performance and hustle, I hope he's on the Chargers radar as a priority UDFA.

He was interviewed by A. Andrews this week and did Rubik's cube while being asked questions by Andrews in just over 1 min .... also impressive.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos...at-Senior-Bowl

Go Chargers!
Old 01-28-2018, 06:18 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Bolt View Post
Anybody else read about Austin Corbett, olineman out of Nevada? Practiced at all five position, and supposedly was handling the South Carolina DTs, and that DE that everyone was raving about, Marcus Davenport?...sounds like a mauler, and a late round gem...look forward to seeing him in the game.
My bad...I meant the North Carolina St. DTS....Justin Jones and ** Hill...

I like what I have read, and a little of what I saw in this kid. So we don't go Price or another early round C...this kid could be added to the mix behind Pulley, and be a nice competition/depth addition in the later rounds, who may end up being a diamond in the rough/late round steal.
Old 01-28-2018, 08:37 PM
Mo’ Hurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltnut View Post
Marcus Davenport had a good week of practice and took that into the game.

Mike White was a guy that looked good on tape and had a good game.

Chark and Penny. RB Ballage.

Cappa benefitted by moving inside to guard after getting beat in practices at OT during the week. When he moved out to LT, he got beat by the kid from Rutgers (who has actually practiced well). Then got beat by Okoronkwo later.

And even though Penny caught a 73 yard TD reception against him, Fred Warner had a nice game, especially in coverage.

LB Darius Leonard quietly showed instincts and pretty good speed. Oren Burks showed well after good practices.

QB Lauletta was very impressive.
Cappa did struggle at times, but all in all he had a very good week at OT... but the move to OG did highlight his run blocking skill.

Darius Leonard is an interesting one... he has good size and is really twitchy, but he has very poor instincts at this point IMO. He was routinely slow to react during the game on Saturday, but once he diagnosed the play he shot out of a cannon. He needs to be coached up for sure... if he can ever get there mentally, he could be very good.
4. Brian Peavy, CB
5. Hunter Renfrow, WR
6. Braden Mann, P
7. Kyle Shurmur, QB

Cut: WR Benjamin
FA: LB Barr, K Gostkowski/Gould, S Amos