Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2018, 01:23 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaniard View Post
Yay Carlson missed a kick (high snap)... get down to the 7th round!
Made a 53 yarder... after Bagdley missed one... He (bagdley, not carlson) put so much effort into his kick... don't think he will be able to consistently hit long FGs....
Old 01-27-2018, 01:30 PM
Hall of Famer

Did these collegiate kickers get coached up by Koo, Coons and Rose? Carlson missed right, the other kicker hit the post then Daniel C. made a 53 yarder. Mayock said he was making practice kicks from 60 regularly. Daniel can punt too. That's good attribute to have in case the starting punter goes down.

Penny had a nice clean run for good yardage. He's shifty and fast enough to blow by linebackers. In spite of his dropped balls in practice, he can catch from past observations.

How about this Mike White at QB? Nice deep throw to the wr and led them on sustained drives for 10 pts so far. Good for his NFL resume moving forward. Someone said the Chargers interviewed him too.
Old 01-27-2018, 03:46 PM
All-Pro

For later round QBs, I really liked that Lauletta..Dude can play.
Old 01-27-2018, 06:22 PM
Boltgang74

How about Trace McSorley in the later rounds?
Old 01-27-2018, 06:31 PM
Hall of Famer

Senior Bowl highlights...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCqbvlu6PL8
Old 01-27-2018, 08:47 PM
Moí Hurts

So who jumped out to you in todayís game?

For me...

QB Lauletta - wow, dude really showed up. That was awesome to see.

WR Chark - really impressed with him all week, tall, lanky and good feet. Nice routes. Nice to see that translate come game day.

OT Cappa - followed up a great week with a great game today. Donít sleep on him as an OG... could go higher than you think as an OG.

DT Brown - super disruptive, nice quickness.

S Reaves - reminds me of Addae the way he flies around hitting people.

RB Penny - finally saw some production from him. He had some nice blocking up front and he did drop a pass, but he also caught a huge pass for a nice TD. Kinda struggles to get separation on routes though, so thatís something to keep an eye on.

LB McCray - I thought he had a great game. Really good intuition on the field today, and flew around making a bunch of plays.

A few others, particularly some edge guys who got some pressure today.

What about you guys?
4. Brian Peavy, CB
5. Hunter Renfrow, WR
6. Braden Mann, P
7. Kyle Shurmur, QB

Cut: WR Benjamin
FA: LB Barr, K Gostkowski/Gould, S Amos

Old 01-27-2018, 10:05 PM
Rookie

Found this on Walterfootball senior bowl rumors. Thought it was an interesting read:

According to Los Angeles Chargers sources, some leftover needs from the 2017 NFL Draft could figure prominently in the Chargers' 2018 NFL Draft plans. Sources said that last year, LSU safety Jamal Adams was finalist for Los Angeles' first-round pick. The choice was made for Los Angeles as the Jets snatched up Adams one pick ahead of the Chargers. Los Angeles was thrilled to land Clemson wide receiver Mike Williams, and it feels that its offense is in great shape heading into the 2018 season.

With the offense being strong, sources with Los Angeles say that their 2018 NFL Draft class is going to be focused on the defense. The top needs the Chargers have in mind to address are safety and defensive tackle. If the right value isn't there at those positions, Los Angeles also could consider linebacker and cornerback. The only defensive position that doesn't seem to be in contention in the first round is edge rusher, as the Chargers are set with Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram. After their vigorous comeback after a rough start to the year, Los Angeles is optimistic about its team in 2018 and it feels adding more to their defense is their priority.
Old 01-28-2018, 12:17 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by I AMazing I View Post
So who jumped out to you in todayís game?
Marcus Davenport had a good week of practice and took that into the game.

Mike White was a guy that looked good on tape and had a good game.

Chark and Penny. RB Ballage.

Cappa benefitted by moving inside to guard after getting beat in practices at OT during the week. When he moved out to LT, he got beat by the kid from Rutgers (who has actually practiced well). Then got beat by Okoronkwo later.

And even though Penny caught a 73 yard TD reception against him, Fred Warner had a nice game, especially in coverage.

LB Darius Leonard quietly showed instincts and pretty good speed. Oren Burks showed well after good practices.

QB Lauletta was very impressive.
Old 01-28-2018, 04:23 AM
Power of 51

Kyle Lauletta QB-----somebody is going to get a solid QB by drafting this guy. They are saying he is the perfect Bill Belichick QB. Nice to see him play big in a big game. He shot up the charts after yesterday.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-28-2018, 04:24 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
Kyle Lauletta QB-----somebody is going to get a solid QB by drafting this guy. They are saying he is the perfect Bill Belichick QB. Nice to see him play big in a big game. He shot up the charts after yesterday.
Comp=JimmyG.