Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2019, 08:39 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marion butts View Post
meh, it's the same schedule except they get the Pats and Ravens and we get the Steelers and dolphins.
Dolphins own us. So do Steelers except our lucky comeback this year.
Old 01-13-2019, 08:40 PM
Hall of Famer

Yes. We weren't alone on getting worked. From a competitive stand point that's true. I watched the whole Rams/ Cowboys game. Cowboys front seven like us couldn't stop the run. They got hammered all game long.

Power football wins out in the playoffs. We lack offensive linemen who can move men. We just don't have it. Let the offseason begin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
Only good game was Saints Eagles. Colts got worked, we got worked and Cowboys got worked
Old 01-13-2019, 08:51 PM
Hall of Famer

Most boring weekend of playoffs...ever! Chargers vs. Patriots was a bore too.
Old 01-13-2019, 10:13 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
Dolphins own us. So do Steelers except our lucky comeback this year.
Fix the O-line and get it to where it's even 70% adequate, and we're back in the playoffs easily next year. I can definitely see the Chiefs regressing offensively because 50 TDs isn't historically followed up with similar passing success, though on the flip side, they'll likely be better defensively. I'm not too scared of the Raiders and Broncos jumping up a level.

In a way, a loss like this is good (at least as good as a loss can be...) because it keeps the guys more hungry to get better going into next season. If Lynn is the coach we think he is and our core players care about winning as much as we think they do, we're coming back a stronger team in 2019.
Old 01-13-2019, 10:15 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltinabottle View Post
We lack offensive linemen who can move men. We just don't have it. Let the offseason begin.
I've thought this for a while. We don't have the guards who can push defenders back.

I also find that Gordon isn't great in between the tackles. He doesn't have the vision to make better reads. He gets stuffed like a turkey by defenders because of it.
Old 01-13-2019, 11:04 PM
First member of the board

In my mind I keep coming back to the Denver game when we blew a lead against a weaker team. If we had won that game, we would have been the Division champs and we wouldn't have been playing in NE today. There's a lesson in that, I hope our team gets it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 01-13-2019, 11:45 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargeroo View Post
In my mind I keep coming back to the Denver game when we blew a lead against a weaker team. If we had won that game, we would have been the Division champs and we wouldn't have been playing in NE today. There's a lesson in that, I hope our team gets it.
Then again, we also were very fortunate to win some of the other close games we were in. Tennessee, Seattle, Pittsburgh, KC...even SF and Cincy came down to the wire. You hope more of those games go your way than not, and we certainly got more than our fair share. Denver was a botch job, but we did make up for it later. Hard to be perfect in the one score or 1-3 point differential or however you want to call it games, but we damn near pulled it off.
Old 01-14-2019, 12:24 AM
Hall of Famer

Water under the bridge maybe, but who on this staff examined Drew Brees and determined him as a long term liability? kiki,,,fire that guy from way back.
Old 01-14-2019, 12:33 AM
Obtain Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMamba View Post
Fix the O-line and get it to where it's even 70% adequate, and we're back in the playoffs easily next year. I can definitely see the Chiefs regressing offensively because 50 TDs isn't historically followed up with similar passing success, though on the flip side, they'll likely be better defensively. I'm not too scared of the Raiders and Broncos jumping up a level.

In a way, a loss like this is good (at least as good as a loss can be...) because it keeps the guys more hungry to get better going into next season. If Lynn is the coach we think he is and our core players care about winning as much as we think they do, we're coming back a stronger team in 2019.
I like it. Improving on DL,OL LB and FS. Take the division in 19-20 season and win the divisional game just like Allen said. Would be great and winning the super Bowl in 2-3 seasons and Rivers goes out as a champion.