Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > AFC West
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 06:56 AM
Hall of Famer

Default Whisenhunt to the Texans?

Looks like the Texans want to interview Whisenhunt for their head coach position. With the way our offense has performed this year that would be a big loss. Guess if we can somehow manage to make the playoffs, we can keep him away from the interview tables as long as we are still playing. That might insure that some of these expected vacancies get filled before he would be available. If we do not make the playoffs, then bye bye....
Old 12-29-2013, 06:58 AM
Moderator of the Trenches

Why would anyone care? His play-calling is predictable and lacking in aggressiveness.

Good riddance.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:07 AM
Boltz

Default Whisenhunt to the Texans?

Reports are the PSU coach is leading the race for the Texans job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandvinsd View Post
Looks like the Texans want to interview Whisenhunt for their head coach position. With the way our offense has performed this year that would be a big loss. Guess if we can somehow manage to make the playoffs, we can keep him away from the interview tables as long as we are still playing. That might insure that some of these expected vacancies get filled before he would be available. If we do not make the playoffs, then bye bye....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Lets Go Chargers, Longhorns, Rangers, Spurs
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Playoffs coming 2013

Old 12-29-2013, 07:08 AM
Veteran

If I were SD's front office I'd try to keep Whis.. give Rivers another offseason with Whis and McCoy.. Could do some great things for this offense if a dominant WR or TE could be found..

Old 12-29-2013, 07:10 AM
Hall of Famer

I don't think it will be a loss, the offensive philosophy was already set before the preseason by McCoy and that's the high percentage passes(short, intermediate routes) with proven old plays( the long passes under Norv) that worked and alot of freedom for Rivers to run the offense as he sees fit( no huddle approach). I think they can plug in anyone at OC and it will just be as good if not better, remember all those boneheaded plays at the red zone that cost us a few games, that's Whiz. I think we will upgrade.

Last edited by jcruz1; 12-29-2013 at 07:12 AM..
Old 12-29-2013, 07:19 AM
Paradise is on the left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcruz1 View Post
I don't think it will be a loss, the offensive philosophy was already set before the preseason by McCoy and that's the high percentage passes(short, intermediate routes) with proven old plays( the long passes under Norv) that worked and alot of freedom for Rivers to run the offense as he sees fit( no huddle approach). I think they can plug in anyone at OC and it will just be as good if not better, remember all those boneheaded plays at the red zone that cost us a few games, that's Whiz. I think we will upgrade.
You could be wrong, but I tend to agree...with the caveat that it also depends on who we get. Don't forget, we did get better as the season progressed. That tells me the unfamiliarity Wiz had with a new team likely had something to do with our early failures in the red zone.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:28 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flwelshman View Post
You could be wrong, but I tend to agree...with the caveat that it also depends on who we get. Don't forget, we did get better as the season progressed. That tells me the unfamiliarity Wiz had with a new team likely had something to do with our early failures in the red zone.
Lack of playmakers on offense also contributed.. Don't get me wrong, Rivers, and Royal had a great year.. but the team has to meet them half way.

Old 12-29-2013, 07:32 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flwelshman View Post
Yeah I could be wrong but I think ultimately, if Whiz leaves, they will interview and select someone who can complement that offensive philosophy installed by McCoy with input from Rivers, someone who ran a similar system under a different organization, someone with a background in spread offense or west coast who can build on what the organization is already running or maybe add a few tweeks. Maybe they'll just promote in-house.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:43 PM
Veteran

I understand that a goal of a assistant Coach is to one day be a head coach. I just hope he stay and maybe we can give him a better contract to stay
Old 01-01-2014, 04:41 AM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Texans have hired Bill O'Brien from PSU.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/h...to-pros-123113

Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Closed Thread