Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > AFC West
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old 12-29-2013, 06:56 AM
sandvinsd's Avatar
sandvinsd sandvinsd is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 128
Default Whisenhunt to the Texans?

Looks like the Texans want to interview Whisenhunt for their head coach position. With the way our offense has performed this year that would be a big loss. Guess if we can somehow manage to make the playoffs, we can keep him away from the interview tables as long as we are still playing. That might insure that some of these expected vacancies get filled before he would be available. If we do not make the playoffs, then bye bye....
  #122  
Old 12-29-2013, 06:58 AM
pacstud's Avatar
pacstud pacstud is offline
Moderator of the Trenches
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Escondido
Posts: 20,788
Default

Why would anyone care? His play-calling is predictable and lacking in aggressiveness.

Good riddance.
__________________
I love these calm little moments before the storm. It reminds me of Beethoven.
  #123  
Old 12-29-2013, 07:07 AM
Shu420's Avatar
Shu420 Shu420 is offline
Boltz
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,439
Default Whisenhunt to the Texans?

Reports are the PSU coach is leading the race for the Texans job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandvinsd View Post
Looks like the Texans want to interview Whisenhunt for their head coach position. With the way our offense has performed this year that would be a big loss. Guess if we can somehow manage to make the playoffs, we can keep him away from the interview tables as long as we are still playing. That might insure that some of these expected vacancies get filled before he would be available. If we do not make the playoffs, then bye bye....
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Lets Go Chargers, Longhorns, Rangers, Spurs
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Playoffs coming 2013
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #124  
Old 12-29-2013, 07:08 AM
Denver Mike's Avatar
Denver Mike Denver Mike is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Fort Collins
Posts: 434
Default

If I were SD's front office I'd try to keep Whis.. give Rivers another offseason with Whis and McCoy.. Could do some great things for this offense if a dominant WR or TE could be found..
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #125  
Old 12-29-2013, 07:10 AM
jcruz1 jcruz1 is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Agana
Posts: 3,028
Default

I don't think it will be a loss, the offensive philosophy was already set before the preseason by McCoy and that's the high percentage passes(short, intermediate routes) with proven old plays( the long passes under Norv) that worked and alot of freedom for Rivers to run the offense as he sees fit( no huddle approach). I think they can plug in anyone at OC and it will just be as good if not better, remember all those boneheaded plays at the red zone that cost us a few games, that's Whiz. I think we will upgrade.

Last edited by jcruz1; 12-29-2013 at 07:12 AM..
  #126  
Old 12-29-2013, 07:19 AM
flwelshman's Avatar
flwelshman flwelshman is offline
Paradise is on the left.
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Palm Beach Gardens
Posts: 6,083
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcruz1 View Post
I don't think it will be a loss, the offensive philosophy was already set before the preseason by McCoy and that's the high percentage passes(short, intermediate routes) with proven old plays( the long passes under Norv) that worked and alot of freedom for Rivers to run the offense as he sees fit( no huddle approach). I think they can plug in anyone at OC and it will just be as good if not better, remember all those boneheaded plays at the red zone that cost us a few games, that's Whiz. I think we will upgrade.
You could be wrong, but I tend to agree...with the caveat that it also depends on who we get. Don't forget, we did get better as the season progressed. That tells me the unfamiliarity Wiz had with a new team likely had something to do with our early failures in the red zone.
  #127  
Old 12-29-2013, 07:28 AM
Denver Mike's Avatar
Denver Mike Denver Mike is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Fort Collins
Posts: 434
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flwelshman View Post
You could be wrong, but I tend to agree...with the caveat that it also depends on who we get. Don't forget, we did get better as the season progressed. That tells me the unfamiliarity Wiz had with a new team likely had something to do with our early failures in the red zone.
Lack of playmakers on offense also contributed.. Don't get me wrong, Rivers, and Royal had a great year.. but the team has to meet them half way.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #128  
Old 12-29-2013, 07:32 AM
jcruz1 jcruz1 is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Agana
Posts: 3,028
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flwelshman View Post
You could be wrong, but I tend to agree...with the caveat that it also depends on who we get. Don't forget, we did get better as the season progressed. That tells me the unfamiliarity Wiz had with a new team likely had something to do with our early failures in the red zone.
Yeah I could be wrong but I think ultimately, if Whiz leaves, they will interview and select someone who can complement that offensive philosophy installed by McCoy with input from Rivers, someone who ran a similar system under a different organization, someone with a background in spread offense or west coast who can build on what the organization is already running or maybe add a few tweeks. Maybe they'll just promote in-house.
  #129  
Old 12-31-2013, 10:43 PM
Groundweasle's Avatar
Groundweasle Groundweasle is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 273
Default

I understand that a goal of a assistant Coach is to one day be a head coach. I just hope he stay and maybe we can give him a better contract to stay
  #130  
Old 01-01-2014, 04:41 AM
chargertom's Avatar
chargertom chargertom is offline
Bandwagon Homer Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Richfield
Posts: 73,132
Default

Texans have hired Bill O'Brien from PSU.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/h...to-pros-123113
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Los Angeles Super Chargers!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:18 PM.


© 2017 Los Angeles Chargers. All Rights Reserved.