Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > AFC West
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2014, 09:34 AM
Hall of Famer

If any of these players were signed by the chargers I would thrilled. Well played by Denver. .... darn it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:37 AM
Hall of Famer

I hate the Broncos and their cap situation. Talib and Ware are gambles though, but that's the risk you take with top talent.
Old 03-13-2014, 02:10 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt Sapien View Post
I hate the Broncos and their cap situation. Talib and Ware are gambles though, but that's the risk you take with top talent.
Talib wasn't really that bad. People gotta stop focusing on the number ESPN throws out

Albert Breer ✔ @AlbertBreer
Follow

Aqib Talib's 6-year deal with Denver is more like a 3-year, $27 million deal. More reasonable than advertised. $18M thru 2. $12M in Year 1.

Jason_OTC @Jason_OTC
Here is the full breakdown on Aqib Talibs contract. could be 1 year rental. At most probably 3 for $27 #Broncos http://overthecap.com/cap.php?Name=A...B&Team=Broncos

Tom Pelissero @TomPelissero
Of the $57M total on Talib's 6-year deal, only $11.5M is fully gtd and $30M comes in non-gtd base salaries from 2017 to '19. #Broncos

If all hell breaks loose (barring injury), #Broncos could cut Aqib Talib after this season, owe him $0 more, take a $4M cap hit and be done

Read the whole thing. Just the bold is important though. That is genius contract work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:56 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTMvP61nizine View Post
Your guys defense wasn't that bad last year maybe a couple pieces here and there but overpaying for Ware and Talib.. WOW!!
The contracts are actually structured very well. I'm impressed, Elway structured them so that they can cut anyone of those players after this year and they will suffer very little if any cap damage. The potential of all those players for how much they actually payed actually isn't that bad
Old 03-16-2014, 12:58 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Mike View Post
Talib wasn't really that bad. People gotta stop focusing on the number ESPN throws out

Albert Breer ✔ @AlbertBreer
Follow

Aqib Talib's 6-year deal with Denver is more like a 3-year, $27 million deal. More reasonable than advertised. $18M thru 2. $12M in Year 1.

Jason_OTC @Jason_OTC
Here is the full breakdown on Aqib Talibs contract. could be 1 year rental. At most probably 3 for $27 #Broncos http://overthecap.com/cap.php?Name=A...B&Team=Broncos

Of the $57M total on Talib's 6-year deal, only $11.5M is fully gtd and $30M comes in non-gtd base salaries from 2017 to '19. #Broncos

If all hell breaks loose (barring injury), #Broncos could cut Aqib Talib after this season, owe him $0 more, take a $4M cap hit and be done

Read the whole thing. Just the bold is important though. That is genius contract work
It hurts to say but I'm very jealous of Elways GM abilities! Not of Elway, just his GM talents
Old 03-16-2014, 09:14 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDC View Post
It hurts to say but I'm very jealous of Elways GM abilities! Not of Elway, just his GM talents
He's definitely done a great job thus far. His GM career is probably going to last a while. So I'll hold off on judging him further. I'm not fond of his cold shoulder attitude toward Champ Bailey, and Decker. But I understand it's a business. We'll wait for him to make a mistake as humans naturally do.

But so far very happy with his progress.