Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > AFC West
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2014, 07:49 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by I AMazing I View Post
In my view, Ware is marginally better than SP. It will be interesting to see if you're defensive front is materially better than last year (at least when Miller was playing)... If it is it will probably be due to the return of Wolfe and not really the acquisition of Ware. Time will tell, I wish you the best of luck aside from 2, possibly 3 weeks this season.
Yeah for sure. I am actually kinda anxious to see how Attaochu does for you guys. I was high on him coming out of the draft as I was for Teo' when he came out. That LB group can look very interesting.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:00 PM
Mo’ Hurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Mike View Post
Yeah for sure. I am actually kinda anxious to see how Attaochu does for you guys. I was high on him coming out of the draft as I was for Teo' when he came out. That LB group can look very interesting.
Yes, young with promise (Attaochu-Teo-Butler-Ingram). I think it was key for us to nab a future pass rusher this year as it will give him a season to learn from one of the greats in Dwight Freeney.
4. Shaquem Griffin, LB
5. Poona Ford, DT
6. Shaun Dion Hamilton, LB
7. Trey Quinn, WR

UDFA. CB Grant Haley, S Troy Apke, OT Korey Cunningham, DE Mike Love

"Penetration is needed" - Woodeye via TT
Old 05-29-2014, 11:40 PM
Paradise is on the left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderstruck View Post
Assuming this draft pans out as expected, I believe we're one more draft away. Meanwhile, the clock is inexorably ticking down on Philip Rivers' expiration date. Better not be too long.
Barring injury I'd say Rivers has 4-6 more very good years still in him. I'm not too concerned about finding a future replacement for another couple years at least as it stands right now. With injuries you never know, but that can be said about a No. 1 rookie draft pick as well. Peyton and Brady are several years older and they're both still performing at a high level.

I believe Rivers is of the same ilk as them and will also still play at a similarly high level at around the same age...which is good enough to win a SB with the right surrounding cast. I think we still need to focus our player acquisition for the next couple of years on other needs, rather than worry about replacing Rivers.
Old 05-30-2014, 04:54 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by flwelshman View Post
Barring injury I'd say Rivers has 4-6 more very good years still in him. I'm not too concerned about finding a future replacement for another couple years at least as it stands right now. With injuries you never know, but that can be said about a No. 1 rookie draft pick as well. Peyton and Brady are several years older and they're both still performing at a high level.

I believe Rivers is of the same ilk as them and will also still play at a similarly high level at around the same age...which is good enough to win a SB with the right surrounding cast. I think we still need to focus our player acquisition for the next couple of years on other needs, rather than worry about replacing Rivers.
welshy just laid it down for the River haters. I loved it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 05-30-2014, 07:38 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Mike View Post
Thanks. We do have a pleasant problem at LB. If everyone stays healthy, we'll have to cut guys that would have played a lot of snaps for us in recent years.
OLBs: Freeney, Ingram, Jarrett Johnson, Attaochu, Keiser, English, Tourek Williams, Coraderro Law and Colton Underwood.
ILBs: Butler, Te'o, Kavell Conner, Reggie Walker, Jonas Mouton, Gachkar and Scioneaux.

I expect Jerry will have an impact in the rotation day one and hopefully will be starting at some point. Freeney, Ingam and JJ will play a lot of the snaps early on. Law is an interesting challenger for playing time. He was one of Seattle's final cuts, had a solid year as a CFL sack artist and is back in the NFL with SD. He's in great shape and has a big chip on his shoulder.

Our ILB depth took a step up with Conner and Walker.
Old 05-31-2014, 02:13 AM
Paradise is on the left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonorajim View Post
Thanks. We do have a pleasant problem at LB. If everyone stays healthy, we'll have to cut guys that would have played a lot of snaps for us in recent years.
OLBs: Freeney, Ingram, Jarrett Johnson, Attaochu, Keiser, English, Tourek Williams, Coraderro Law and Colton Underwood.
ILBs: Butler, Te'o, Kavell Conner, Reggie Walker, Jonas Mouton, Gachkar and Scioneaux.

I expect Jerry will have an impact in the rotation day one and hopefully will be starting at some point. Freeney, Ingam and JJ will play a lot of the snaps early on. Law is an interesting challenger for playing time. He was one of Seattle's final cuts, had a solid year as a CFL sack artist and is back in the NFL with SD. He's in great shape and has a big chip on his shoulder.

Good post, Jim. I too like how our LB corps is shaping up and the depth it looks like we'll have with the young talent TT has been acquiring to compliment Ingram. As long as we play the 3-4 we need to add LB depth each year to begin building the kind of depth that leads to having a built in succession for when a player gets old or injured like the Steelers and other teams have done in the past.
Old 06-08-2014, 11:43 AM
Vegeterian Veteran

Quote:

This occurred to me as well, especially at OLB. With freeney and johnson we will have to let go some of the youth for 2014, and in 2015 we will probably need to add back that youth as johnson and freeney might very well be gone. This leads me to believe that we will have a few OLBs on the PS, both for insurance on our old guys getting hurt but also for next year. I think the writing is on the wall for english, i doubt he makes the team in 2014. Anyway, with all the additions and returns from injury the linebacker group is definitely our most improved. Can't wait to see t'eo play injury free in his second year.
Old 06-15-2014, 12:00 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by since 61 View Post
Kinda disappointed with the network today on Total Access...They spoke to Andy Reid, a reporter from the Denver area and Dennis Allen and a grade on everything the Raiders did, but all they discussed about the Chargers was Donald Brown, no grades, no local reporters, no coaches. Understood that the Chargers have not been very active in free agency but that was by design as the Chargers did a better job than most of re-signing their own players. Also understood that McCoy and company seem to like flying under the radar but even that should have been brought up.
Little discussion of what the Broncos lost compared to what they gained, some discussion of the oline losses of KC and nothing but praise for what the Raiders have done. Seems we're in a battle for second place in the west, Broncos have it wrapped up...we'll see. Seems Total Access isn't total unless you live in Colorado or Northern California.
We're battling the Donks for 2nd pl AFCW. Loser gets it.

The Chefs lead the NFL in starter turnover and the 'Turds aren't all that dangerous as yet but they'll scrap with KC for the 3rd - 4th spots.
Old 06-15-2014, 08:25 PM
Paradise is on the left.

Quote:
We're battling the Donks for 2nd pl AFCW. Loser gets it.

The Chefs lead the NFL in starter turnover and the 'Turds aren't all that dangerous as yet but they'll scrap with KC for the 3rd - 4th spots.
I see that Chiefs secondary as a big hole right now, since they released Flowers. I think they could have a hard time staying out of the cellar, but Reid is a good HC, so we'll see.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:19 PM
Fan since '68

NFL Network, ABC/ESPN, CBS, NBC, Fox, etc...blah, blah, blah.