Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2018, 01:29 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
Hold it right there.
I see you going Genghis Khan
in other threads,
in some kind of a BHC feeding frenzy.
I have not hated on Tyrell, ever.
He is really impressing me right now, Mr Moe.
Pull the splinter out of your eye. Iím not directing it at you homie
Old 11-10-2018, 01:37 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
Pull the splinter out of your eye. Iím not directing it at you homie
Oh.
Nevermind.
Carry on.
BHC forever.
Whatever it takes to hoist the Lombardi.

Old 11-10-2018, 01:39 PM
Hall of Famer

BTW I just saw some disturbing video.
It affected me.
That stuff LTOCB, Ruggs hooked us up with was just the beginning.
There is a scurrilous past.
Old 11-10-2018, 01:49 PM
First member of the board

I think TW is somewhat like M-80. He will be a loyal Charger for the rest of his career. I don't expect him to look for some gigantic contract. Of course, it's just a feeling - I may be wrong. I guess he could be very greedy, but I just don't think so.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 11-10-2018, 04:03 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargeroo View Post
I think TW is somewhat like M-80. He will be a loyal Charger for the rest of his career. I don't expect him to look for some gigantic contract. Of course, it's just a feeling - I may be wrong. I guess he could be very greedy, but I just don't think so.
I expect Chargers lose dead weight like Benjamin and Barksdale among others next year and get TW signed long term.
Old 11-10-2018, 04:07 PM
Hall of Famer

Dunno if anyone has posted this yet, but to those who still question Ty's effort... Check out this block...

https://twitter.com/VeteranScout/sta...42975516631047

The guy just keeps upping his game.

Last edited by SD SneakKing; 11-10-2018 at 04:13 PM..
Old 11-11-2018, 06:24 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltinabottle View Post
That's growth man...that's growth! TW has earned the that a boy from Coach Lynn after making big time plays and redeeming himself big time from that initial drop for a touchdown to start the season. Kudos to him.

Mike Williams is on the field and making plays! Hope he continues to show growth. Is his play worthy of the 7th overall pick? Not now...I'm not sure if he will play to that status in the future. We also have the return of Hunter Henry to take in other receivers targets next season.

It's just too big a pie for Rivers to keep everyone happy. We really should try to offer a trade for next season with the value that we have...TT has done that by tendering an offer for Tyrell just prior to the draft. Will he do it again? Tyrell is proving it with his performance but also his value will make GM's look twice.
Unless we want be Raider like and trade Mike Williams and sign Tyrell to a reasonable budget friendly deal. It's a good problem to have...we're rolling in talent.
Excluding Rams, cheifs game The offense has figured it out. The biggest reason TW is playing great is the respect of the running game. Gordon has finally arrived due to the OL and Rivers play action. Just Like TW, Gordon has improved his Receiving game. Gordon also seems to be running harder once he is past the line. I have seen the shoe string tackels in his past. Great balance this year.

Rivers has always been great and this year he finally has the time to cherry pick his play. The extra time the OL gives him has allowed Rivers and the play to develope for Rivers to throw dimes. No more forcing it on every game. When Rivers is happy, everyone else will be aswell. Just keep winning.

Allen is the fall guy, due to his ability to catch almost everything and the respect he gets from defenses. He is the new gates and will be invaluable once we get into P.O. defenses.

The more I watch MW it seems he is thinking about his next move before he catches the ball. I would think if he can just focus on the catch he will be the red zone hawk.
Everyone has to love the Blocking the TE and WE are doing to help Gordon.

The defense is what needs to keep stepping up the way they have in last 2 games.
Old 11-11-2018, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD SneakKing View Post
Dunno if anyone has posted this yet, but to those who still question Ty's effort... Check out this block...

https://twitter.com/VeteranScout/sta...42975516631047

The guy just keeps upping his game.
And, in the same video, look at his crisp route and how quickly he gets his head around. Excellent work the whole play.

"We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it." Thomas Jefferson

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Old 11-11-2018, 09:26 AM
Hall of Famer

Florida good points on the state of the offense! Yes, I agree with you on all points.

TW's ability to now high point the ball has been awesome this year. I think Mike Williams has the natural ability to go up and get it having done this with Deshaun Watson in college and during the pre-season and season. Ty has observed this and I think worked hard to improve and perform this in games.

Still with Hunter Henry's return next year it will be tough to see who get's enough targets to be effective. Allen, MG/ Eckler, Williams Ty and Mike lots of weapons only so many targets. Benjamin looks to be the odd man out unless we can trade him.

I like the two tight end sets Whisenhunt use to have dating back to 2013. Bring in Derek Watt on toss left/ toss right to Gordon. Let him tote that rock and bash the defense for big yards. I hope we keep running as weather gets colder. That's the time to be physical and assert your will on a team. Rivers can read the defense and play action off the run.

I do hope Bosa returns. You get him meshing with Ingram again along with the boy wonder Derwin James patrolling the backfield and blitzing it's going to be fun to watch.

4 teams: Chiefs, Saints, Rams and Patriots are all favored and talked about as being in the Championship games in January. This sets up nicely for the Chargers to be the spoilers to make a run for the ages. It's theirs for the taking to win in Rocky fashion...the people I talk to think we can't do it though some media outlets continue to root for the Bolts. It's going to be interesting two months of football.

Go Bolts!
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida SD fan View Post
Excluding Rams, cheifs game The offense has figured it out. The biggest reason TW is playing great is the respect of the running game. Gordon has finally arrived due to the OL and Rivers play action. Just Like TW, Gordon has improved his Receiving game. Gordon also seems to be running harder once he is past the line. I have seen the shoe string tackels in his past. Great balance this year.

Rivers has always been great and this year he finally has the time to cherry pick his play. The extra time the OL gives him has allowed Rivers and the play to develope for Rivers to throw dimes. No more forcing it on every game. When Rivers is happy, everyone else will be aswell. Just keep winning.

Allen is the fall guy, due to his ability to catch almost everything and the respect he gets from defenses. He is the new gates and will be invaluable once we get into P.O. defenses.

The more I watch MW it seems he is thinking about his next move before he catches the ball. I would think if he can just focus on the catch he will be the red zone hawk.
Everyone has to love the Blocking the TE and WE are doing to help Gordon.

The defense is what needs to keep stepping up the way they have in last 2 games.