Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2017, 10:42 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
Great, great post.

There is no need to take AL literally when he says he is "going to loosen the reigns on Rivers."

Our coach is much deeper than that.

AL is his own sports psychologist, and a good one.

He is always thinking about the big picture.

Maybe this is what I like about him the most.

BTW, regarding the emphasis on developing the run game, how cold will it be @ KC/NYJ next two weekends ?

Just asking.
Exactly. His awkward stance about LT's HOF induction was a clear message behind the scenes. Antonio was the only lone wolf. Rivers didn't dare. And having different captains helps spread locker room leadership in a team which has failed time and again in big moments with the few traditional leaders. He really has been brilliant.
Old 12-10-2017, 10:42 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
A small losing streak and watch Freak flip over to the 'fire Lynn now' side......

Winning is nice, but it will be next year when the winning will take the Bolts on a wild ride.
Yeah, like that's a real mystery. Did Canada have a Sherlock Holmes type character ? You may be it. Eh ?
Old 12-10-2017, 12:20 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
Yeah, like that's a real mystery. Did Canada have a Sherlock Holmes type character ? You may be it. Eh ?
When you become a Mod, you will need to be nicer to the population from the north. We have no Sherlock Holmes, but we do have Mike Holmes......will he work ?

GO BOLTS !
Old 12-10-2017, 05:08 PM
Hall of Famer

Cannot wait for this week's victor speech to get posted!
Old 12-10-2017, 05:17 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

So if we make the playoffs, does Lynn get some love for Coach of the Year?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 12-10-2017, 06:25 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
So if we make the playoffs, does Lynn get some love for Coach of the Year?
Squeak in.....nope

Go deep in the PO's......yep.

GO BOLTS !
Old 12-10-2017, 06:27 PM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahSanDiegoFan View Post
Exactly. His awkward stance about LT's HOF induction was a clear message behind the scenes. Antonio was the only lone wolf. Rivers didn't dare. And having different captains helps spread locker room leadership in a team which has failed time and again in big moments with the few traditional leaders. He really has been brilliant.
I thought that he ended that practice a few weeks into the season?

[EDIT] Lynn ended the experiment after Week 5.

Quote:
Chargers Elect Five Team Captains For Rest of Season
Monday, October 09, 2017 11:39 AM PDT

Head Coach Anthony Lynn announced before the season that the Bolts would have different team captains each week, which he’d announce in the locker room 90 minutes before kickoff.

However, last week, the Chargers voted for team captains for the remainder of the year, electing Philip Rivers, Antonio Gates, Matt Slauson, Brandon Mebane and Melvin Ingram. In addition, Lynn will still name one honorary captain before each game.

There was a good reason behind Lynn’s change of heart.

“I didn’t want to do it earlier because sometimes you can elect captains just off a player’s reputation,” he explained. “Sometimes you base it off things they’ve done in the past. I wanted the players to vote for someone because of what they’ll do moving forward. I think it’s hard to pick captains after an undefeated offseason without any adversity. You won’t know who your leaders are on the team. I think around Week 3 and Week 4, guys know who is going to show up every day. When you have some adversity, you see how players handle that. So I think it was a perfect time.”

Philip Rivers has won countless awards over his career, but there’s nothing like being named captain of the Bolts. Of all the honors, this is one that hits closest to home.

“I’ve always thought that, among many things, and I certainly respect media members’ opinions and that certainly makes you feel good that anybody thinks you’re any good at anything, but being voted a captain to me is really harder than all of those,” he said. “Because it’s your teammates, and they think you’re a captain. For me, it’s been eleven years in a row, and I certainly appreciate it. It’s something that’s meaningful, and I take a great (deal) of pride in being one of those guys. Hopefully I lead well. It was something Coach Lynn kind of decided to change up, and the guys voted last week.”

http://www.chargers.com/news/2017/10...ns-rest-season

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
Old 12-10-2017, 06:29 PM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
Squeak in.....nope

Go deep in the PO's......yep.
I believe that Coach of the Year is only based on the regular season.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
Old 12-10-2017, 06:35 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMcRugby View Post
I believe that Coach of the Year is only based on the regular season.
I wouldn't know, but if true, Lynn is out of luck.

GO BOLTS !
Old 12-10-2017, 09:03 PM
Rookie

I think McVay (the Ram's coach?) gets it....

AL definitely gets a lot of props and considerations though.... especially after keeping this team together and fighting hard after starting 0-4