Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2018, 05:00 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by like54ninjas View Post
I respect your opinion but it is an opinion.

While I have no military service to reference my brother (Navy-retired), 2 bro-in-laws (Marines-retired), daughter (currently at Naval Academy), 2 nephews & 1 niece (Marines), father (Army-black sheep).
None have issues with the peaceful, respectful protest by the players. We have African Americans in our family and have witnessed racial bias to him and my nieces and nephews, 2 of whom currently serve.

That is my opinion for the small amount it is worth.
Oh, bless your daughter. What a fantastic beginning of education, and I hope a long career. Good for her, and you !!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-29-2018, 05:12 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltnut View Post
Freak, can we get a ruling on this...?
What am I ruling on ? I'm being amused by all of you in the offseason, and now I have to rule on something ? Sounds like work during my summer.............

No one can understand half of woodeye's posts. Whenever I want to drift off into the Freak Dimension, I read wood's posts. But I don't think telling him he has a damaged psyche is very nice.

What am I ruling on again ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-29-2018, 05:14 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargeroo View Post
You are absolutely right - it's just my opinion, as is yours. Isn't that supposed to be a part of the fun on an open forum?

Believe it or not, I do respect the right of the players to protest but I believe they could stand at attention during the anthem and save their protest for after it's finished. For instance after it's finished they could join together in a raised first gesture to protest police brutality.

All in all, I think they should save their politics for off the field and I think I should have saved my thoughts on this subject for private conversations.
OR............you can post anything you want and if someone has a problem with that you contact me. Easy peasey-simple.

Old 07-29-2018, 05:16 AM
Hall of Famer

CMB, what do you think of the t-shirt worn by Denzel Perryman while checking in at the team hotel yesterday ?

Did you notice it ?
Old 07-29-2018, 05:19 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
And Roo, that's why Colin eventually chose to kneel instead of just sitting on the bench. Because he wanted to honor the military and the flag, while simultaneously bringing attention to an important social issue. It's certain more honorable and patriotic than Jerry Jones and our current president.
I'm not buying that for 2 seconds. Say anything after the fact to defend Kap.

PS I really don't like Kap's hair. Has he cut that puffy mop top of his ?

Old 07-29-2018, 05:20 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
What am I ruling on ? I'm being amused by all of you in the offseason, and now I have to rule on something ? Sounds like work during my summer.............

No one can understand half of woodeye's posts. Whenever I want to drift off into the Freak Dimension, I read wood's posts. But I don't think telling him he has a damaged psyche is very nice.

What am I ruling on again ?
The virtue signallers on CMB have a hard time dealing with my substance.

They like to pretend that if you don't agree with their imaginary solutions, that you are not down for the struggle.
Old 07-29-2018, 05:26 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
The virtue signallers on CMB have a hard time dealing with my substance.

They like to pretend that if you don't agree with their imaginary solutions, that you are not down for the struggle.
The struggle of signing multi-million dollar contracts ? I'd be down with that struggle let me tell ya.

Old 07-29-2018, 05:35 AM
Hall of Famer

Has anyone around here even taken the time to visit Kap's website ? Anyone ?

There were crickets on CMB when I brought up Oscar Grant, killed by a cop at a BART station. This was only the genesis of Kap being woke...and a mentally ill white supremacist just murdered a young Black woman at a BART station the other day !

As far as I am concerned, Oscar Grant was murdered by the cop. Ferguson, the genesis of Black Lives Matter, was different than portrayed.

Police/citizen incidents must be scrutinized on a case by case basis.

Kap. Nessa. Jihadism. Globalism. The tenacles of dark forces reach far and wide.

The popular narrative is so narrow and so shallow. Why would anyone purportedly sincerely concerned about inequalities be so negative about having a marketplace of ideas regarding solutions, when we are all still waiting and hoping for The Great Society to work ?
Closed Thread