Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Season Ticket Holders and Ticket Inquiries
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2018, 03:54 PM
Hall of Famer

Well $100 SSL might get me to change my mind and buy some seats. The $100 is pretty much throw away in comparison to the cost of the season seats.
Old 10-18-2018, 01:24 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRizGod View Post
Well $100 SSL might get me to change my mind and buy some seats. The $100 is pretty much throw away in comparison to the cost of the season seats.
the prices that came out today are very interesting. i almost don't believe it, very unchargers....
Old 10-24-2018, 12:37 PM
Hall of Famer

I called and they transferred me to the VIP ticket presenters and said if I want to purchase those great pricing SSL tix to go ahead and purchase the $50k SSL now?! Otherwise I'm in the "4th wave" and won't have access to purchase for a month which by then all of those good seats will be gone.

Felt like talking to a used car salesperson doing a timeshare presentation.

If there are no desirable tickets left in a month then I just will not purchase and buy them on stubhub for half price come game day.

Allegedly all of the San Diego/L.A. season ticket holders get to purchase during the first 3 weeks, didn't think there was that many S.D. season ticket holders left and wonder if they have become brokers selling instead of travelling up north to all the games, I am sure there are some but I doubt all.
Old 10-24-2018, 01:07 PM
Rookie

I am also annoyed that the Chargers are giving priority for the general seat selection to the buyers who have purchased expensive club seats. So, someone without any history of rooting for the chargers can buy an expensive seat license for club seats and then they now get to buy 8 additional general seats before someone with 30plus years of season ticket holding priority. Where is the reward for years of loyalty?
Old 10-24-2018, 11:06 PM
<< . . . . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargingBolts View Post
I called and they transferred me to the VIP ticket presenters and said if I want to purchase those great pricing SSL tix to go ahead and purchase the $50k SSL now?! Otherwise I'm in the "4th wave" and won't have access to purchase for a month which by then all of those good seats will be gone.

Felt like talking to a used car salesperson doing a timeshare presentation.

If there are no desirable tickets left in a month then I just will not purchase and buy them on stubhub for half price come game day.

Allegedly all of the San Diego/L.A. season ticket holders get to purchase during the first 3 weeks, didn't think there was that many S.D. season ticket holders left and wonder if they have become brokers selling instead of travelling up north to all the games, I am sure there are some but I doubt all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJefferson83 View Post
I am also annoyed that the Chargers are giving priority for the general seat selection to the buyers who have purchased expensive club seats. So, someone without any history of rooting for the chargers can buy an expensive seat license for club seats and then they now get to buy 8 additional general seats before someone with 30plus years of season ticket holding priority. Where is the reward for years of loyalty?
I am not defending the practices at all.

But just as a point of information -- there is a 3d party company selling all the seats and PSL's.

It's the same one that is selling them for the Rams.

And did so for the Jags, and the Cowboys, and who-knows-who-else, as well.

Like I said, not defending how they are going about things -- in fact, I can name a few other things they have done/are doing that suck, as well . . . . . . .but thought you might find the info interesting.
Old 10-25-2018, 12:04 AM
Hall of Famer

Please, pray tell, what other things would upset us that they are doing?

I too think it's b.s. that people already bought their preferred tix and they are allowing those people to purchase more tix to do what with? They can't sit there because they already have seats, can't sit in 2 places at once, so they are blatantly letting them purchase for resale only which if this were the Broncos they would revoke their season tix.

I've been a season ticket holder since day 1 in L.A. and spent more money than 80% of the other L.A. season ticket holders yet I get to purchase in 4 weeks when all the non nose bleed tickets will be gone.
Old 10-25-2018, 12:07 AM
<< . . . . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargingBolts View Post
Please, pray tell, what other things would upset us that they are doing?

I too think it's b.s. that people already bought their preferred tix and they are allowing those people to purchase more tix to do what with?
They can't sit there because they already have seats, can't sit in 2 places at once, so they are blatantly letting them purchase for resale only which if this were the Broncos they would revoke their season tix.

I've been a season ticket holder since day 1 in L.A. and spent more money than 80% of the other L.A. season ticket holders yet I get to purchase in 4 weeks when all the non nose bleed tickets will be gone.
Man, if that's right, that's awful.

Edit: But wait a minute -- didn't you get into it with some others on here who think that YOU are just a reseller? Did I meet you at the draft shindig two years ago?
Old 10-25-2018, 11:55 AM
Hall of Famer

There was one person whom thought I was a broker lol and we hashed it out.

I have no idea if me and you met.

I've been a Chargers fan who grew up in Illinois on the border of Wisconsin swarmed by mostly Bears fans (and some Packer fans) as a White Sox fan whom despised the Cubs and realized that 2/3rd's of the Bears fans were Cubs fans and I was not going to be a Bears fan. I love(d) the Chargers uni's, love(d) Dan Fouts. I have a picture of me as a boy in my Dan Fouts Charger jersey when I was like 8 years old in 1980, I then in 2014 moved to L.A. and went to a few games in San Diego then became a season ticket holder when they moved to L.A.

I'm going to miss the intimate Stubhub games, but I won't miss the opposing fans in that venue though. I will try out the new stadium and see if I can get any good seats without having to step up for the $50k seats. I have read an article in Forbes that showed people in Dallas and New York selling their $100k PSL's for $10k.

I tell my friends in Chicago that if the Bears were the ones to of moved to L.A. they would get as many opposing fans, it's the area that brings opposing fans. The Raiders are going to have this happen to them in Vegas, I guarantee a ton of Patriot fans will shell out the dough to have a weekend vacation in Las Vegas and get to see their team play.
Old 10-25-2018, 06:47 PM
Veteran

i have had season tix since 2002 and they are supposed to call me next week when things go live. i will let you know what happens. i passed on all of the $350 per game tix, but the next sections they just opened up might work.
Old 10-30-2018, 02:00 PM
PLEASE AJ,WE NEED SAFETYS

Default done

well i renewed. lol not sure how i feel about it. i went into it ready for the $1000 psl , but went with section 224 because of the parking pass. since there are no overhangs every seat gets some sun. the roof is suppose to reduce uv rays by 50% and i hope its not an issue for the wife and kids. lots of selections out there for 210,214,317 . once you give them your cell its a lot of calls and texts. i wish they would of opened their program to see available seats. they use a website that allows you to mirror what he is seeing and its just like what we used at the q to renew, but you have to ask him what sections and seats to look at.