Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Free Agents/Trade Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 03-22-2018, 01:16 PM
I AMazing I's Avatar
I AMazing I I AMazing I is offline
Mo’ Hurts
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Dallas
Posts: 6,423
Default

Personally I would love to get him in the neighborhood of $7-8/yr, but he's coming off a bigger contract then that and probably expecting double digits.
__________________
1. Jerry Tillery, DT
2. Calvin Throckmorton, OT
3. Shareef Miller, Edge
4. Brian Peavy, CB
5. Hunter Renfrow, WR
6. Braden Mann, P
7. Kyle Shurmur, QB

Cut: WR Benjamin
FA: LB Barr, K Gostkowski/Gould, S Amos

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-22-2018, 01:23 PM
woodeye2000's Avatar
woodeye2000 woodeye2000 is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: san jose
Posts: 27,324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I AMazing I View Post
Personally I would love to get him in the neighborhood of $7-8/yr, but he's coming off a bigger contract then that and probably expecting double digits.
Maurice Hurst medically cleared !!!!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-22-2018, 01:32 PM
like54ninjas like54ninjas is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Great White North
Posts: 1,429
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
Maurice Hurst medically cleared !!!!
He will blow up MICH pro day tomorrow. Still my favorite prospect in the draft and #8 on y board.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-22-2018, 01:36 PM
like54ninjas like54ninjas is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Great White North
Posts: 1,429
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I AMazing I View Post
Personally I would love to get him in the neighborhood of $7-8/yr, but he's coming off a bigger contract then that and probably expecting double digits.
I think a guy who is going to play 30%-40% of snaps and offers little in PR is a $3-6/yr player. We do need to address the position.
Luiget is an avg player making too much and final year for both Mebane & Philon (who may get big money in FA next yr).
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-22-2018, 01:43 PM
woodeye2000's Avatar
woodeye2000 woodeye2000 is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: san jose
Posts: 27,324
Default

I would have no problem blowing up IDL.

Get younger.
Enjoy a better cap profile.
Would TT do it ?
Well, both Mebane and Liuget are team leaders on a very young defense. They have a big presence as far as reaching out to the community in LA.

Now, back to mocking players who might actually be drafted by LAC.

Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-22-2018, 01:56 PM
like54ninjas like54ninjas is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Great White North
Posts: 1,429
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
I would have no problem blowing up IDL.

Get younger.
Enjoy a better cap profile.
Would TT do it ?
Well, both Mebane and Liuget are team leaders on a very young defense. They have a big presence as far as reaching out to the community in LA.

Now, back to mocking players who might actually be drafted by LAC.

Think I would cut/trade Luiget but keep Mebane for the leadership/mentor that he would be and last yr of his contract. Cap would still be less by just saving us with CL.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-22-2018, 02:51 PM
woodeye2000's Avatar
woodeye2000 woodeye2000 is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: san jose
Posts: 27,324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by like54ninjas View Post
Think I would cut/trade Luiget but keep Mebane for the leadership/mentor that he would be and last yr of his contract. Cap would still be less by just saving us with CL.
So you are essentially saying that the Chargers would be willing to part ways with Liuget, and not offer a reduced salary ?

That would be a necessary component to drafting Hurst, in my view.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-22-2018, 02:51 PM
Charger Dodger's Avatar
Charger Dodger Charger Dodger is online now
Thanks for everything 85!
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Friant
Posts: 7,667
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by like54ninjas View Post
Think I would cut/trade Luiget but keep Mebane for the leadership/mentor that he would be and last yr of his contract. Cap would still be less by just saving us with CL.
I'm on board with this.

Liuget has done well for the Chargers, but I don't think he fits this system or he's having a rough year.

Either or, i'd sell high now and maybe obtain some extra draft picks. That would free up a lot of money and Hankins could be had for a lot cheaper I believe. Not sure what he's asking for.

Add in someone like Vea or Payne if no other positions in the 1st, this team would be in great position going into 2018.

I really like Lotulelei later in the draft. He's got some bad remarks as of late, but he's proved he can plug up holes.
__________________
There’s a lot of letters in Ladainian Tomlinson
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-22-2018, 03:40 PM
I AMazing I's Avatar
I AMazing I I AMazing I is offline
Mo’ Hurts
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Dallas
Posts: 6,423
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
Maurice Hurst medically cleared !!!!
Errrbody partay
__________________
1. Jerry Tillery, DT
2. Calvin Throckmorton, OT
3. Shareef Miller, Edge
4. Brian Peavy, CB
5. Hunter Renfrow, WR
6. Braden Mann, P
7. Kyle Shurmur, QB

Cut: WR Benjamin
FA: LB Barr, K Gostkowski/Gould, S Amos

Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-22-2018, 03:43 PM
I AMazing I's Avatar
I AMazing I I AMazing I is offline
Mo’ Hurts
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Dallas
Posts: 6,423
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charger Dodger View Post
I'm on board with this.

Liuget has done well for the Chargers, but I don't think he fits this system or he's having a rough year.

Either or, i'd sell high now and maybe obtain some extra draft picks. That would free up a lot of money and Hankins could be had for a lot cheaper I believe. Not sure what he's asking for.

Add in someone like Vea or Payne if no other positions in the 1st, this team would be in great position going into 2018.

I really like Lotulelei later in the draft. He's got some bad remarks as of late, but he's proved he can plug up holes.
I actually do think Liuget fits this system, I think he had a better year this year then he's had in the past... Up until recently I thought he was overpaid, but seeing some of the contracts this year I'm like wow ok maybe he isnt.


Ultimately I think both need to be upgraded, Mebane is probably facing retirement soon and is a good leader, so I understand keeping him around one more year. I would like to double dip at DT this year but not sure how likely that is.
__________________
1. Jerry Tillery, DT
2. Calvin Throckmorton, OT
3. Shareef Miller, Edge
4. Brian Peavy, CB
5. Hunter Renfrow, WR
6. Braden Mann, P
7. Kyle Shurmur, QB

Cut: WR Benjamin
FA: LB Barr, K Gostkowski/Gould, S Amos

Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:34 AM.


© 2018 Los Angeles Chargers. All Rights Reserved.