Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2018, 02:38 AM
Hall of Famer

The Chargers see JJones as a 3Tech with 1Tech traits.

They see HPhillips as a 3Tech.
Old 05-01-2018, 04:10 AM
Hall of Famer

I disagree on your initial assessment of Derwin. The mere excitement of having him fall to us in the first round is a good indicator that James will be an immediate impact player. I think he will be used in Sean Taylor like ways. Single high is not limiting to him. He can be the last guy in the center of the field or he can cover the teams best tight end out wide or blitz in Ingram's spot. The guy will be a fun chess piece to move around. Proof will be on Sundays. Soon to be all pro.

I agree with you on Hercules. He was there for the taking even as a UFA! Would of been great to use him where he was projected DE but also nfldraftscouts stated he can eventually be moved to ILB which I think is an ideal fit for him. Great insurance in case Perryman goes down again. Love his instincts and quickness.

Honda should be giving complementary hybrids to our defensive players. Kyzir plays with some nice ball skills and can lay the wood as good as Perryman. Gain some weight and he may ultimately transition nicely like Telvin Smith. We shall see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachcomber View Post
and just for the record, and for those of you hammering my commentary.... yes, eye woulda drafted Hercules in lieu of Uchenna, Tony Brown before Kyzir and Cedrick Wilson well ahead of Can'tell, and....

do like the J boys, as think it likely that the all of Derwin and Justin x2 will all pan out, and.... likely that the one or both of Uchenna and/or Kyzir will work out as well, and which makes this an avg draft.... as most GMs get half their picks right.

and despite the piss 'n vinegar here, eye do hope we take a step up next year and play like the 9-3 Chargers, and leave the 0-4 Chargers in the rear view mirror.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:21 AM

Everone I talked to in Florida says Derwin was better than Ramsey.
Let's hope so
Old 05-01-2018, 09:22 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltinabottle View Post
I disagree on your initial assessment of Derwin. The mere excitement of having him fall to us in the first round is a good indicator that James will be an immediate impact player. I think he will be used in Sean Taylor like ways. Single high is not limiting to him. He can be the last guy in the center of the field or he can cover the teams best tight end out wide or blitz in Ingram's spot. The guy will be a fun chess piece to move around. Proof will be on Sundays. Soon to be all pro.

I agree with you on Hercules. He was there for the taking even as a UFA! Would of been great to use him where he was projected DE but also nfldraftscouts stated he can eventually be moved to ILB which I think is an ideal fit for him. Great insurance in case Perryman goes down again. Love his instincts and quickness.

Honda should be giving complementary hybrids to our defensive players. Kyzir plays with some nice ball skills and can lay the wood as good as Perryman. Gain some weight and he may ultimately transition nicely like Telvin Smith. We shall see.
When people say he will be FS I take that to mean primarily. FS isn't that best use of his talents. Ya he will have some snaps playing single high but that is a waste if some else can do it just as well as him but he can play better in the box than anyone else. I just don't see him primarily playing FS, so I disagree with Williams article. I do agree he will be used in many different ways. It's even possible James could be our Will. Who knows with injuries
Old 05-01-2018, 11:46 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firemarshalbill View Post
When people say he will be FS I take that to mean primarily. FS isn't that best use of his talents. Ya he will have some snaps playing single high but that is a waste if some else can do it just as well as him but he can play better in the box than anyone else. I just don't see him primarily playing FS, so I disagree with Williams article. I do agree he will be used in many different ways. It's even possible James could be our Will. Who knows with injuries
I think James can be a good FS, but I think at SS he can be great. I know we have Addae and he signed a 4 year deal or whatever it was. But IIRC we basically have get out clause after this year, same with Okung. With that said, I wouldnt be surprised to see James start at FS but also get a bit of playing time rotating with Addae at SS, with us moving on from Addae after his season.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-01-2018, 02:24 PM
glutton for punishment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltnut View Post
Certainly, we all had our own favorites. And quite honestly, the Chargers draft looked very different that most (all) of ours. Who knows whether this group turns out. We all hope it does. There's no point in grading it now. Time will be the judge.
So true. We will look back in a year or two and have a better indication. My mocks were pretty far off.... so many players fell far further than I would have expected while others went far higher. That being said... straight out of the gate I can see what TT was going for... speed, athleticism and tackling ability on D... and then depth at IOL and the skill positions on O. For the life of me, I can't understand why casual fans think they know more about drafting than a professional scouting department.?.?

glutton for punishment.... glutton4Bolts
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-01-2018, 03:22 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glutton4Bolts View Post
So true. We will look back in a year or two and have a better indication. My mocks were pretty far off.... so many players fell far further than I would have expected while others went far higher. That being said... straight out of the gate I can see what TT was going for... speed, athleticism and tackling ability on D... and then depth at IOL and the skill positions on O. For the life of me, I can't understand why casual fans think they know more about drafting than a professional scouting department.?.?
because everyone has to think they know best! didnt you know? They think cuz they watched some highlights/a few games/read some mocks and made some mocks that their draft is the best and most correct choice.

Funny thing is most of these guys will run up and down the board when one player is a hit. But are nowhere to be found when the players they pump up fail. I really wish people kept their mocks and their rankings so that a few years down the line we can really see how well they did.

Old 05-01-2018, 03:24 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachcomber View Post
this is for the homiers....

Derwin James * don't think he's gonna make it to EW/Rodneyland, and will be surprised if he becomes a Pro Bowler, let alone an All Pro.... am guessing that if he works out as most hope/are convinced that it is good bye Jahleel after this season, as besides the two of them, we've got Rayshawn and now Kyzir @SS.

Uchenna Nwosu * is he better than Denzel (48), Jerry (50), Te'o (38) and/or Joshua Perry (102).... me thinx and sorry to say but not likely save for the one of 'em.... is he better than Kyle (153) ?? sorry again as.... don't think so, ....(is he @least Korey Toomer good ?)

Justin Jones * is this guy an undertackle or NT or both ?? will surmise that he is the (much) better bet for us than Mebane, but not quite the first round talent that we have in Liuget.... does that mean Corey is sticking around for a bit longer than some (Kyle Posey) of us have suggested/prognosticated ??

Kyzir White * if we didn't already have Rayshawn, and not to mention Jahleel and now James, this guy might make more sense, and.... is he better than Jatavis.... my guess is not so fast Gus, and/or.... is he better than Dzubnar.... well prolly, but how necessary was this pick and is he the guy to turn our run D around and/or fill in whatever Gus felt he was/is lacking given the "poor diagnostics" or something of the such, of Brown's ??

Scott Quessenberry * is he better than Spencer Pulley.... not even close me thinx..... better than Donovan Clark.... perhaps, and but again what purpose does it serve to bring this guy on ?? who is he replacing/displacing ??

Dylan Cantrell * is he better than Dontrelle.... my guess is he's short by about a country mile.... Geremy Davis or fill in the blank ?? and.... am gonna be surprised if there's not an UDFA/second year wideout that gives him a run for his money, let alone have a real chance of beating him out for a roster spot.

Justin Jones * is he Brandon Oliver good or better ?? is he better than UDFA Austin Ekeler ?? how 'bout Marion Grice.... (how 'bout 2 outta 3)
So I guess you should definitely have a job in the NFL over some of the GMs currently in place. You definitely seem to know everything.

Old 05-01-2018, 05:01 PM
glutton for punishment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBowlBolts View Post
because everyone has to think they know best! didnt you know? They think cuz they watched some highlights/a few games/read some mocks and made some mocks that their draft is the best and most correct choice.

Funny thing is most of these guys will run up and down the board when one player is a hit. But are nowhere to be found when the players they pump up fail. I really wish people kept their mocks and their rankings so that a few years down the line we can really see how well they did.
People try to spin it no matter what... I mean we drafted Bosa and Henry in rounds 1 and 2 in 2016 yet how many times have we heard people gripe about the Max Tuerk pick in round 3... sooooo many times. What a waste of a pick... fugg... like any GM hits on all of their picks.

glutton for punishment.... glutton4Bolts
Old 05-01-2018, 05:49 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBowlBolts View Post

You can check the past CMB mock drafts, draft pick poll and past draft threads to get a good indication of what some members thought about prospects. For instance Nobody liked Fluker pre draft. But were hopeful Chargers were correct.
3. T.HANKS-LB, NEW MEXICO ST.
D.TRANQUILL-LB, NOTRE DAME
5. I.MARSHALL-DB, USC
6. K.WILLIS-S, MICHIGAN ST.
7. K.ADAMS-S, KANSAS ST.