Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Around the NFL
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2018, 09:22 AM
Moderator of Delusions

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMcRugby View Post
Report: Derek Carr has “fractured relationship” with teammates
Mike Florio

With Khalil Mack and Amari Cooper gone from the Raiders, the next question maybe isn’t whether the team wants to move quarterback Derek Carr but whether it can keep him.

Marcus Thompson II of TheAthletic.com reports that Carr currently has a “fractured relationship” with his teammates. The reportedly fractured relationship between Carr and his teammates is rooted in a loss of confidence in the quarterback, as exacerbated by game film from the London contest against the Seahawks that “showed what looked like him crying after being sacked and injuring his arm.”

“They saw his face,” Thompson writes. “They heard his whimper. They witnessed him explain on the sidelines. They assuredly watched it again in film session. It’s hard to see how Carr can lead this team again.”

It was indeed curious, to say the least, to see video of what appeared to be Carr crying in the melting-face way that a kid would cry after falling off his bike. If Thompson’s report is accurate, Carr’s teammates regard it as something worse than curious.

This doesn’t mean the Raiders will move on from Carr, but whether and to what extent the locker room believes in Carr could be a factor in coach Jon Gruden’s ultimate assessment as to whether Carr should or shouldn’t be the quarterback in 2019. As noted on Monday, his contract pays out an average of $19.6 million over the next four years, which could make him tradeable. If not, the Raiders will have to decide by the third day of the 2019 waiver period whether to keep Carr and pay him a guaranteed salary of $19.9 million next year or cut him and find another quarterback.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ith-teammates/

If there is any sense of team in the raiders locker they are not going to bail on their starter if he hits a confidence issue, they go help, encourage, pick him up. I don't buy the talk piece.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The best Offense is a good Defense.
Old 10-23-2018, 10:31 AM
Moderator of the Trenches

Stupid.

So you are going to get a pick to fill a hole that you created. And that's assuming you hit on your pick.

Cooper and Mack were the BEST CASE SCENARIO of a draft pick working out, so they trade them in hopes of maybe replacing them?

Beyond stupid.

Love it.
Old 10-23-2018, 10:48 AM
Electric Glide Offense

They say its a copy cat league. The Raiders are doing a fine job mimicking the Browns over the past decade.
Old 10-23-2018, 10:48 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltinabottle View Post
It's Jon Gruden and his dog spot! If you need to get rid of your
top players go see Jon. If you need to trade your talent go
see Jon. Sell a player lower morale go see Jon go
see Jon go see Jon!

Remember Cal Worthington commercials on television?
That jingle rings when you think of Gruden debut season.
What was intriguing to start the season is just plain
pathetic what he's doing to the Raiders. It sucks for
their fan base after seeing their emergence two years
ago.

Does it matter? In the end no...we like beating the
Raiders. I didn't expect Gruden to be a deal maker
and then tell the media we aren't laying down the
season. C'mon Gruden we're not dummies.
Have you seen the cartoon movie Animal Farm? In the movie the animals realize that the new owner is just as bad as the old one. The misery of the Raiders is just like that. It's depressing for their fans.
Old 10-23-2018, 10:51 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
Did not Chucky say, at the time he took the gig, that he felt a sense of urgency to make it all happen IMMEDIATELY for the Oakland Raider fans ?

Huh. Huh. Huh.

Moe destroys.

The raiders do not have a lease in Oakland for next season. The stadium isn't done in Las vegas yet either. If I'm Oakland I drop em like the bad habit they are and send them on their way.
Old 10-23-2018, 11:02 AM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Bolted View Post
If there is any sense of team in the raiders locker they are not going to bail on their starter if he hits a confidence issue, they go help, encourage, pick him up. I don't buy the talk piece.
IF is the operative word.

Gruden sent their best player (Mack) packing after never speaking to him from the time he was hired to the day Khalil was traded.

Add in all of the others who were sent packing and the horrid start to the season, it wouldn’t surprise me in the least that there is no sense of team in the Raiders locker room, and it’s every man for himself.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
Old 10-23-2018, 01:21 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtm View Post
Gruden robbed his boy Jerry
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD SneakKing View Post
No doubt. He is lucky Jerry is an idiot. Lol
That remains to be seen. Cooper is 24 and has already had two 1000 yard seasons. Who is to say that he won't flourish in a new system or that he is inferior to the mid first round pick that was traded for him. How a guy does on Madden isn't a real good measuring stick.
Old 10-23-2018, 05:32 PM
Hall of Famer

Anything from Orwell is most likely quality work. I'll have to check it out.

I don't understand the dismantling of quality talent in such a short time. The Patriots let go of players but they do this strategically right at the start of the season when rosters are set. The letting go of quality talent in their prime years is just pathetic. TT and staff have some sense of building a winning team thank goodness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCPB View Post
Have you seen the cartoon movie Animal Farm? In the movie the animals realize that the new owner is just as bad as the old one. The misery of the Raiders is just like that. It's depressing for their fans.
Old 10-23-2018, 06:34 PM
Madness? This is Chargers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdchrger View Post
That remains to be seen. Cooper is 24 and has already had two 1000 yard seasons. Who is to say that he won't flourish in a new system or that he is inferior to the mid first round pick that was traded for him. How a guy does on Madden isn't a real good measuring stick.
If he was going to a better system like the Rams or a better QB then I could see it. But Dak Prescott and the Boy's offense isn't that great IMO.

Unleash the Rivers!!!
Old 10-23-2018, 08:29 PM
Moderator of Delusions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
If he was going to a better system like the Rams or a better QB then I could see it. But Dak Prescott and the Boy's offense isn't that great IMO.
Coop gives them something they lack... a WR.

I think he makes them better.

The best Offense is a good Defense.