Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2019, 01:32 PM
Legend

19-0 next year.
Old 01-15-2019, 02:05 PM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by shruggy View Post
19-0 next year.
There you have it folks. No need for a poll when stamp down 19-0.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-15-2019, 03:46 PM
Nutz and Boltz

Quote:
19-0 next year.

After reading your take on this, my opinion is changing.

you have convinced me.

19-0 it is.
Old 01-15-2019, 04:41 PM
glutton for punishment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
the better teams won this last weekend.
The numbers don't lie. An extra week of rest and time to prepare after 16+ weeks of attrition is huge advantage. The teams that won last weekend were certainly better than their opponents that day... but make them all play a game in week 17 and I think things could have gone differently. Maybe not for us... because it took so long for Gus and the D to stop playing zone when it was obviously not working... but I saw some obvious differences in the teams who had time to rest and recuperate. In the future, I will no longer hold out much hope at all for us to win unless we get a bye. Like I said... the numbers don't lie.

glutton for punishment.... glutton4Bolts
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-15-2019, 04:51 PM
I be humbolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by glutton4Bolts View Post
Over the last 7 years or so it has become crystal clear that having the Bye week means almost everything w/ respect to making the Championship Game. Only 5 teams in the past 6 years that played on Wild Card Weekend have even made the Conference Championships. The extra week of rest and time to plan has become integral to making the big show. Extra time to plan means a lot... but the extra rest is even more important. #1 and #2 Seeds representing both Conference Championships.... yet again. With a schedule like ours... I find it difficult to believe that our hopes will finally come to fruition in 2019. Not unless TT goes out and spends on some key FA like the Rams did. This year was a missed golden opportunity... spoiled again by a franchise and fanbase that has been completely spoiled over the last 15 years. There is no justice. But I feel a little bit better in the loss considering the numbers. The Bye Week means closed to everything now. Pretty much makes the whole Wild Card Weekend irrelevant.
Losing that home game to the Broncos was fatal. If they had won that game the Bolts woulda been the No. 1 seed. So aggravating.
Old 01-15-2019, 05:00 PM
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amped

you have convinced me.

19-0 it is.
I put a lot of thought into it, and I can't wrap my mind anything less.
Old 01-15-2019, 06:27 PM
Twitter: @Vrabel56

Quote:
19-0 next year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amped View Post

you have convinced me.

19-0 it is.

I'm going to miss this place
Quote:
I put a lot of thought into it, and I can't wrap my mind anything less.
Old 01-15-2019, 06:47 PM
Madness? This is Chargers

Quote:
Over the last 7 years or so it has become crystal clear that having the Bye week means almost everything w/ respect to making the Championship Game. Only 5 teams in the past 6 years that played on Wild Card Weekend have even made the Conference Championships. The extra week of rest and time to plan has become integral to making the big show. Extra time to plan means a lot... but the extra rest is even more important. #1 and #2 Seeds representing both Conference Championships.... yet again. With a schedule like ours... I find it difficult to believe that our hopes will finally come to fruition in 2019. Not unless TT goes out and spends on some key FA like the Rams did. This year was a missed golden opportunity... spoiled again by a franchise and fanbase that has been completely spoiled over the last 15 years. There is no justice. But I feel a little bit better in the loss considering the numbers. The Bye Week means closed to everything now. Pretty much makes the whole Wild Card Weekend irrelevant.
The Rams also had way more money to play this past offseason (joys of a rookie QB salary). Their biggest acquisition, outside of Talib, has been CJ Anderson who was cut by both the Panthers and the Raiders. It's not about spending the big buck necessarily. It's about spending it smartly. We need more smart pickups like a Danny Woohead or a Mike Pouncey.

Unleash the Rivers!!!
Old 01-15-2019, 06:58 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life View Post
Freaking that Ireland/London trip in October did us in!
Congratulations!
Old 01-15-2019, 09:38 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
I just gave you a ton of evidence that it does.... 80% of the teams in the conference championships over the last 6 years are #1 and #2 seeds. This is a game of attrition... and being able to rest up and have extra time to gameplan is a GIANT advantage. If the odds don't improve a bit over the next several years it will make the Wild Card Weekend border on irrelevant.
You still have to play the games. Didn't you also say the teams on wildcard weekend making it to the championship game? If the Jaguars didn't put in the effort they did, it might have been the Steelers who went to the AFC championship game to face the Patriots. The Packers were able to beat a Cowboys team on a bye who were rested. It's not hopeless. Again, the Chargers have weak areas on its roster that just isn't good enough. They really showed in the loss to New England.