Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2019, 08:33 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGHTS OUT View Post
All the fines, bad publicity and lost draft picks as penalties add up to NOTHING compared to all the rings and trophies accumulated in the North East.

They don't care at all. It is all about winning at any cost.
What do you do with your analysis ?

Respect the focus on winning, and winning ?

Or, we don't want it. Our moral winning is higher than our losers bracket ?

Scoop Freak asks PROBING-deep questions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-22-2019, 09:17 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
What do you do with your analysis ?

Respect the focus on winning, and winning ?

Or, we don't want it. Our moral winning is higher than our losers bracket ?

Scoop Freak asks PROBING-deep questions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Anthony Lynn at 4-6 before the 2017 Thanksgiving game in Dallas:
"I am not afraid of the big picture. Coaches preach about a game at a time, and, of course, that is correct. But I want our team to know that everything is in front of them."
Old 01-22-2019, 10:39 AM
Is it time to panic yet?

To quote an old racing expression "If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'"

many years ago Junior Johnson had this to say about his creativity when it came to building cars:

"They'd tell me it was illegal, I'd plead guilty, and they'd carry it away thinking they caught me. But they didn't check some other things that I thought were even more special."

― Thomas Paine

"We some dogs....we take what we want.."

- Keenan Allen
Old 01-22-2019, 10:57 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post

It is indeed worth noting that the league is in the ENTERTAINMENT business -- not the sports business -- by their own account .. . . .
A Jets fan took the NFL to court on that. They decreed that it was entertainment.
Old 01-22-2019, 01:03 PM
Moderator of the Trenches

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCPB View Post
A Jets fan took the NFL to court on that. They decreed that it was entertainment.
What did you think it was?

All sports are entertainment.

Dangerous rabbit hole to go digging in.
Old 01-22-2019, 02:12 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat4477 View Post
You can add to all of those:
1. IR Gate - when the Cheatriots lost a 3rd round draft pick in 1996 for improperly using the Injured Reserve list.
2. PEDS Gate - SIX Cheatriots have been caught over the years, including Edelman this year, and suspended 4 games for using PEDS...
3. HEADSET Gate - Pats were accused by the Steelers in 2015 of jamming the signals from the Steelers to their QB.
4. SCRAPS Gate - The Pats have been accused of signing players cut from other teams to grill them on their playbook, then cut them...

Here's the complete Cheatriot Cheat List: https://yourteamcheats.com/NE
Don't forget they also got caught misusing the weekly injury reports as well which included putting players on the report who often had no real injury. Can't remember the exact time but they had Brady on the injury report ever week for somewhere around two full seasons, maybe more even though most weeks he had no injury at all.
Old 01-22-2019, 02:51 PM
glutton for punishment...

They are near invincible at home... might be something fishy with the mics? Not sure. They also get the benefit of almost every grey call on the field. They get PIs on minimal contact... they get personal fouls on Brady when he is slapped on the shoulder. The AFC Championship Game this year was the highest rated show ever outside of last years Super Bowl... They got a 75% market share in New England... 3/4 of all TVs in that area were watching the game. You think the NFL and the Networks did not prefer for them to beat the Chargers?... the team with the least number of fans? I get more jaded as the years pass watching the uneven calls being made during these games... The NFL desperately wants the Rams to be the Lakers... The non-PI call will likely cause a rule change... but if the Rams win the Super Bowl...there will be no asterisk. And I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Chargers get even worse calls against us in years to come just to make it seem like the NFL doesn't favor the 2nd largest market. The battle for LA is over... the NFL and the media bias against us made sure of it.

glutton for punishment.... glutton4Bolts
Old 01-22-2019, 05:01 PM
I be humbolt

This just makes it seem like fans of other AFC teams are jealous of NE's success, which is the case IMO. The fact the rest of the AFC has not been able to keep the Patriots out of the Super Bowl for three consecutive years is testament to Belichick's dominance over his contemporaries (that and he has Tom Brady). Nobody prepares better than Belichick's coaching staff and nobody executes better than Belichick's players. It's really that simple.
Old 01-22-2019, 05:02 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glutton4Bolts View Post
They are near invincible at home... might be something fishy with the mics? Not sure. They also get the benefit of almost every grey call on the field. They get PIs on minimal contact... they get personal fouls on Brady when he is slapped on the shoulder. The AFC Championship Game this year was the highest rated show ever outside of last years Super Bowl... They got a 75% market share in New England... 3/4 of all TVs in that area were watching the game. You think the NFL and the Networks did not prefer for them to beat the Chargers?... the team with the least number of fans? I get more jaded as the years pass watching the uneven calls being made during these games... The NFL desperately wants the Rams to be the Lakers... The non-PI call will likely cause a rule change... but if the Rams win the Super Bowl...there will be no asterisk. And I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Chargers get even worse calls against us in years to come just to make it seem like the NFL doesn't favor the 2nd largest market. The battle for LA is over... the NFL and the media bias against us made sure of it.
Yep...it's about the MONEY...
3. Darnell Savage, S, Maryland
4. Tytus Howard, OT, Alabama St.
5. JoeJuan Williams, CB, Vanderbilt
6. Nic Needham, CB, UTEP
7. Prince Tega Wanogho, OT, Auburn

Old 01-22-2019, 05:13 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacstud View Post
What did you think it was?

All sports are entertainment.

Dangerous rabbit hole to go digging in.
Unlike other sports, the WWE admits they're fake.