Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Chargers Fans, Where Are You?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2008, 08:31 AM
Veteran

Default The Still

How many of us Charger fans will be at The Still for this Sunday's game vs. the Saints????
Old 11-08-2008, 09:06 PM
Cdog87

Bolt Newbie New Yorker old school charger fan

Okay...so maybe other people have mentioned it but where can a Charger dogg find other bolt fans to watch a game on Sunday. I'm a San Diegan by way of Brooklyn. Been here one week and am looking for a good spot to watch my boys smash KC.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:35 AM
Rookie

Hey Cdog, welcome to the city!

Come on out to Still, it's in the E. Village, 3rd Ave. btwn 17th & 18th. There is usually a really good size crowd of Bolts fans there and it's always a lot of fun (win or lose). Who doesn't love having someone to high five during the good times and moan with during the bad? ;-)
Old 11-15-2008, 04:13 PM
Cdog87

Default Thanks Charger Girl.

I'll definitely make it through. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:22 AM
Rookie

Hey all,

Some of our group aren't too happy with the service we've been receiving at Still, so we're considering a possible new venue to become our new "Chargers bar" for the 2009 season. Your best bet is to subscribe to our Google Group to be sure you stay up to date with future developments:

http://groups.google.com/group/nyc-chargers

Go Bolts!
Mike
Old 12-17-2008, 01:31 PM
@nyMari

Default Still Is Great To Us!

Some (about 5) people aren't happy with Still but we still have a good turnout. STILL has always been good to us!! Who wouldn't like free shots - win or lose?

Did I mention that they play our Super Chargers song!!

Search "New York City Chargers Fans" on facebook and join the group!

Thanks,
Marisa
Old 12-21-2008, 10:39 AM
Rookie

Marisa, let's keep it objective. It's more than five, and we should all -- as a whole group -- go wherever the majority wants to go. You seem to be heavily advocating Still, as if you work for them. Let's see what the majority thinks after this season. The number five seems to equal the number of people who openly say they like Still.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:43 AM
chargersrchamps

Go Chargers From Colonie Ny! It's About 10-15 Minutes North Of Albany
Old 07-19-2011, 01:40 PM
Veteran

It looks like we will have a season after all. YAY!!!

Here's my dilemna-

I can't stand going into NYC to watch the game. Takes 90 minutes between LIRR train and then subway to get there, and then another 90 minutes to get home. 3 hours of travel to watch a 3 hour game??!!!

I know there are a lot of Bolts fans here on Long Island. Why can't we get a real Chargers bar out here. Lord knows I've tried. The past 2 years I negotiated with a bar (2009 it was The Garage in Bayport, then in 2010 it was Farrell's in West Islip) to become our headquarters and put the Chargers on the largest screen, drink specials if you wore Charger jersey, free buffet food, etc. Yet...............by week 3 or 4 only a handful of fans were showing up.

Remember, these bars are in business to make money- not to supply people who are cheap with a place to hang out and watch the games with other Bolts fans. Once the owners saw we weren't showing up in large enough numbers (and some cheap lame-o's were actually showing up already drunk and then only drinking water once they were in the place) and we weren't spending enough cash, they went back to showing the Jersey Jets and Jersey Giants on the big screens, and we Bolts fans were outta luck.

How can we get 50+ Chargers fans to a bar on Long Island EVERY SUNDAY OR MONDAY spending cash, eating, drinking, etc??????

We need to make this happen in 2011. I can't deal with another season of sitting in a bar watching the Chargers on the tiniest TV in the place with 3 other Bolts fans.

HELP!!!!! Where are the Long Island Chargers fans?????