Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Chargers Fans, Where Are You?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Where do you live?
San Diego 26 10.88%
Southern California (not San Diego) 30 12.55%
Elsewhere in California (not Southern or SD) 15 6.28%
Nearby State (ex: Nevada, Arizona) 17 7.11%
Elsewhere in the United States 97 40.59%
Another country (please state, I'd like to know!) 54 22.59%
Voters: 239. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-15-2005, 04:53 PM
#19 Forever

Default John Hadle to Lance Alworth..those were the days!

Born in SD 1956 and went through 1-12th in Poway California just north of Jack Murphy Stadium....( who ever heard of a Q!??) Here I am sitting in Spokane Washington waiting for the Thunder to sound! GO BOLTS!!

PS: I was at that game where Stabler threw the ball on the ground to have Casper kick it into the endzone and fall on it. What a riot! Raider haters were forever etched in Charger history that day. I believe it was 1977.
Old 05-15-2005, 05:19 PM
geekster

Quote:
Originally Posted by #19 Forever
Born in SD 1956 and went through 1-12th in Poway California just north of Jack Murphy Stadium....( who ever heard of a Q!??) Here I am sitting in Spokane Washington waiting for the Thunder to sound! GO BOLTS!!

PS: I was at that game where Stabler threw the ball on the ground to have Casper kick it into the endzone and fall on it. What a riot! Raider haters were forever etched in Charger history that day. I believe it was 1977.
Pretty certain it was in September of 1978 - the wife and I were in the West End zone... Because of the official's ruling on Stabler's phoney fumble to advance the ball we wound up losing that game 21 - 20.

I have detested all things "Fader" since that day.

Here is a link to an article about it on nfl.com written back in 2003... It mentions Stabler finally admitting what he had done later on.

-=dave=-
Old 05-15-2005, 05:45 PM
#19 Forever

Default Holy Roller now theres a game!

Thanks Geekster for that reminder!
I was on the visitors side Plaza, with my girlfriend. The boos are still ringing in my ears ....that place went crazy! For good reason. Do you remember the t shirts with a ref holding his hands in front of his eyes! What a classic! Wish I had one now!

Thanks again for the article. I remember that they admitted it the next day in the San Diego Union actually. But I am old so I can't be sure of anything! Except that it will be a great season... but I say that anyway.
Old 05-15-2005, 09:07 PM
AirGoreyell

Default Chargers fan in Chico, CA...Hail all my Bolt Brethren...to Charger Glory!

Liftime Chargers fan (my mom said I always loved the lightning bolts, my dad and brother were/are Ram fans) born in Torrance, CA in '70. Began devotional following in 1981, when the glory of the game dawned on me. Saw great moments as Air Coryell drew to a close, and some bad ones. My loyalty has never swayed and the seasons that grew long with losses just seemed to steel my resolve...that the Chargers were my team, a team with a rich history and a rising future. 2004 was a great season and 2005 has that promise of a rising future that makes Charger football so great!
I now live in Chico, CA, in the heart of Fader and Whiner territory. I'll be making my first trip to the Murph (LONG LIVE THE MURPH) to attend the Giants game and of course, give Eli Manning a taste of Bolt Pride! Anyway, this is my first post and I look forward to this great forum with the world's greatest fans...US!
See you all in the parking lot...we'll have some tailgating to do!
Go Bolts! :59:

Last edited by AirGoreyell; 05-17-2005 at 05:39 AM.. Reason: clarification
Old 05-16-2005, 11:50 AM
timmynogimmie

Default bolts fan in philly

oh #$%@ yeahhhhh i have been a bolts fan since the late 70's, and living here in philadelphia pennsylvania home of the worlds biggest nfc loser eagles , i finally am going to go to the linc to watch my bolts beat up on the eagles in 2005
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BOLTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSS.
Old 05-16-2005, 12:20 PM
andru

Default Charger fan since I was Born

I was Born in Ensenada Mexico 1976, I moved to Tijuana Mexico and I´m a
Charger fan since I remember.

If there´s any one from Mexico in this forum please email me.

Go Chargers !!!
Old 05-17-2005, 09:10 PM
Bolts4Life858

born and raise in san diego my dad loved the Chargers so naturally i love them too bolts 4 life
Old 05-27-2005, 09:01 AM
leodabolt

Default Hemet, CA

Hello from Hemet, CA. I drive to the games from here each season...and love every minute of it!
Old 05-28-2005, 09:25 PM
I am Jack's Wasted Life

I was born in La Mesa, CA in 1975. I was raised in Chula Vista (1993 Hilltop High graduate) and coincidently live in La Mesa now 30 years later. I've been a Charger fan since I can remember. My first "real" memory is the 1981 season and I can remember every season since.

GO CHARGERS !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-30-2005, 11:58 PM
iamachargerfan

:Helmet: Born in 1976 been a Charger fan for Life, live in Point Loma, Season Ticket holder.

Go CHARGERS