Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Chargers Fans, Where Are You?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2005, 10:44 PM
First member of the board

We have a member currently in Iraq/Kuwait - he goes by Chargerlipz. He occasionally posts from over there. Before he shipped over there he was a frequent poster and a really funny guy.

This forum is full of ex-servicemen. I was a Marine myself - early to mid fifties. I'd venture to say we have vets in here from every damn war over the last 60 years.

I attended the very first game in San Diego in 1961 and had season tickets until I was transferred to No. Ca. in the early eighties. I don't live in San Diego anymore, I'm retired and living in Oregon now but I still love the Bolts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-01-2005, 12:30 PM
WaywardCharger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargeroo
We have a member currently in Iraq/Kuwait - he goes by Chargerlipz. He occasionally posts from over there. Before he shipped over there he was a frequent poster and a really funny guy.

This forum is full of ex-servicemen. I was a Marine myself - early to mid fifties. I'd venture to say we have vets in here from every damn war over the last 60 years.

I attended the very first game in San Diego in 1961 and had season tickets until I was transferred to No. Ca. in the early eighties. I don't live in San Diego anymore, I'm retired and living in Oregon now but I still love the Bolts.
WAS A MARINE? I thought you could get the Marine out of the Corps, but not the Corps out of the Marine!

Working as a Contractor for the Marines here in Beaufort, SC. So I understand them better than most Army retardedees...errr..retiree's!

WC
Old 06-01-2005, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaywardCharger
WAS A MARINE? I thought you could get the Marine out of the Corps, but not the Corps out of the Marine!

Working as a Contractor for the Marines here in Beaufort, SC. So I understand them better than most Army retardedees...errr..retiree's!

WC
The saying is "once a Marine, always a Marine" and I've learned there is a lot of truth to that. I was honorably discharged in 1956 but an awful lot of what I learned back then (including a certain attitude) has stuck with me all these years.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-02-2005, 11:47 PM
Veteran

i was in the marines for almost 12 years got out and got bored and joined the damn army national guard they aint all that bad just not the corps know what i mean anyways glad to hear from a ole salty devil dog semper fi mac
Old 06-02-2005, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvcharger
i was in the marines for almost 12 years got out and got bored and joined the damn army national guard they aint all that bad just not the corps know what i mean anyways glad to hear from a ole salty devil dog semper fi mac
Semper Fi right back to you!

Here's a strange one - I mentioned earlier in here that Chargerlipz is over in Iraq. He's another guy that got out of the Corps and later joined a National Guard unit in Hawaii. (I assume for some extra income). Shortly after he joined them the outfit was activated. He said the same thing, "it ain't the Corps".

Old 06-03-2005, 09:17 AM
WaywardCharger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargeroo
Semper Fi right back to you!

Here's a strange one - I mentioned earlier in here that Chargerlipz is over in Iraq. He's another guy that got out of the Corps and later joined a National Guard unit in Hawaii. (I assume for some extra income). Shortly after he joined them the outfit was activated. He said the same thing, "it ain't the Corps".
Hate to let you all in on a little secret....The Modern Marine Corps isn't what it was. I was a Basic training DI for the Army about 7 years ago, and see the "Modern" Marine Corps is trained to the same standard now as we were training them then. BTW: I live and work in and around Parris Island, so I see it first hand.

I will agree, the Marines of Old were different. Welcome to the PC world!

WC
Old 06-05-2005, 02:18 AM
chargers1972

Default iraq sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvcharger
anybody just get back from iraq or afghanistan?
ive been back for a year.im in a armor unit,tak force 1-63 out of germany.we had no casualtys,just one brave soldier take shrapnel to the side.
Old 06-05-2005, 02:20 AM
chargers1972

i used to be in the 11th acr know im in germany in 1-63ar...big red one
Old 06-05-2005, 07:24 AM
g_loe619

Default Army Vet

I served 6 years in the army as a m1a1 mechanic. I was stationed at Ft. Irwin from 2000 to 2002. Now live in NW Reno. Also spent a year in Korea and 3 years at Ft.Carson,Co. Glad to hear from some former vets/Charger fans.
Born and raised in San Diego, grew up in North Park.
Old 06-10-2005, 01:36 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_loe619
I served 6 years in the army as a m1a1 mechanic. I was stationed at Ft. Irwin from 2000 to 2002. Now live in NW Reno. Also spent a year in Korea and 3 years at Ft.Carson,Co. Glad to hear from some former vets/Charger fans.
Born and raised in San Diego, grew up in North Park.
thats kinda ironic i used to live in sparks off probasco its kinda a small world im with 221 cav we are down here as roundout while 1/11 and 2/11 are in iraq nice to hear from ya
:Helmet: