Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Quarterback Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 06:46 PM
Caeser Angelo

Default who here thinks if we had Brees we...

Who here thinks that if we had Drew Brees this year we would be in a better situation? Explain. and dont waste posts to state insults. Ty.

*Personally i think we would, but I know Phillip will be good enough(next year).
Old 10-23-2006, 06:48 PM
Disapointed. As Usual.

Neither loss was Rivers fault IMO so I dont think it would be any different.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
W. Payton, J. Brown, LT & Me. Thats it. Thats the list.

All The Way From Maryland, Die Hard & Life Long, GO BOLTS!!! *SPANK*
Old 10-23-2006, 06:50 PM
I BELIEVE

what in the world are you talking about bro.. Philip is doing everything in his power right for now.. come on.. half the throws that Rivers threw would have gotten batted down for one.. and to dwelll on this WHAT IF stuff is getting rather old.. Deal with who we have as a QB and let the man play i can see if his TD to INT ratio was the other way around.. he has thrown 8TDs and only 3 int.. which is still good if it was 3tds to 8int then i would *****.. but until then.. just let it go thanks for your undying support for DREW i know he likes it but he is not in a san diego jersey anymore

My Draft.. Draft BPA in each pick!!!
Old 10-23-2006, 06:50 PM
El Relámpago

I think that we need to move on. We DO NOT have Brees. Repeat after me. Drew Brees is gone. Philip Rivers is the San Diego Chargers starting QB.

All that.....and what Spank said.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:52 PM
Athlete/Fan

Are you joking? Rivers has superior....well everything. His decision making, his athletic ability, his arm, his vision, his leadership.

Don't get me wrong, I like brees alot, but he's FAR from the best QB we ever had. Rivers is already playing better than Brees ever did here and he's in his first starting year. 100+ QB rating, 68% completetion ratio. Wait until he gets a season or 2 under his belt.

Rivers will take us places Bress never could. Sorry bro.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Remember, it ain't about who's the toughest, cause they pretty tough...it's about who's the toughest, the longest..and guess what, how about dem CHARGERS!!"

-Philip Rivers 11/24/13 SD-41 KC-38
Old 10-23-2006, 06:57 PM
Caeser Angelo

Default Drew brees is gone, philip rivers replaced him.

lol im staying optimistic and hoping the saints release Drew lol and the Chargers get him back :') Umm i just wanted opinions about my question, and so far no one has answered my question... I know Philip will get better next year, i just think this year he does not have the experience to get a superbowl (that is all)
you cant say Philip has played better than drew. Drew has beat 2 good teams, philip has beat none, and drew has a worse team. LETS GO CHARGERS TIME 2 PLAY CATCH UP!

Last edited by Caeser Angelo; 10-23-2006 at 07:02 PM..
Old 10-23-2006, 06:58 PM
I BELIEVE

well im glad you have that thought in your mind because if u want DREW so bad hang up your royal blue and gold and get some black and gold.. go follow drew to the promise land

My Draft.. Draft BPA in each pick!!!
Old 10-23-2006, 07:07 PM
TJ21

How much better can he get?

He has the AFC's third best QB rating. He's tied for the AFC's second most touchdowns. He has the 4th most yards. And he has the league's second highest PCT.

The guy looks like a damn pro-bowler and he's 4-2. You've gotta let it go. I'm rootin for Drew too. I've got 2 bets going that favor his success, I get mad when anyone tries to defame him... but he's in NO. We've got a great QB too... face it.

Last edited by TJ21; 10-23-2006 at 07:20 PM..
Old 10-23-2006, 07:20 PM
Sanitation Man

The losses have very little to do with Rivers and most everything to do with poor execution. Even Elway, Montana and Marino fumbled and threw INT's - who cares?! Rivers decision making has only gotten better over the course of the season and I would expect him to have a few more turnovers (hopefully, not too many ) as the season progresses.

Look at the situation of the two losses:

BMore: Kaeding kicks the field goal, Scifres doesn't botch the snap, Binn doesn't try to put the ball in to the seats behind the goal and it may have been a different story.

Chiefs: The defense doesn't give up ridiculous yards to LJ and Gonzo, actually plays to "prevent" other team from moving down the field and O-line gives better protection, again, could have been a different result.

The only reason PR doesn't get sacked as much as Brees did, is because he gets the ball off much sooner. The O-line seems to get credit for protection and that's a load of bull - they still need work. Don't get me wrong, PR has some work to do, but damn I'd take him over almost any QB right now, including Brees (and I ain't mad at him).
Old 10-23-2006, 07:21 PM
First member of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caeser Angelo
lol im staying optimistic and hoping the saints release Drew lol and the Chargers get him back :') Umm i just wanted opinions about my question, and so far no one has answered my question... I know Philip will get better next year, i just think this year he does not have the experience to get a superbowl (that is all)
you cant say Philip has played better than drew. Drew has beat 2 good teams, philip has beat none, and drew has a worse team. LETS GO CHARGERS TIME 2 PLAY CATCH UP!
You weren't even born yet when any QB other than Brees was playing for this team so who are you to be saying "We lost the best quaterback we ever had, its only fitting that he went with a city that deserved him." If you think Brees is that great and New Orleans is that great, better find a link to the Saints forum. What makes you think you know more about football than our GM?

Closed Thread