Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2006, 10:22 AM
UnModerated

Default Ashley Lelie - What is wrong with him?

When Lelie first started in Denver he looked like he was going to be scary as hell. As a Charger fan, I shuddered thinking that Denver would have this deep threat for years to come. The guy was so athletic and could come down with balls I've only seen Moss catch.

What happened? He was simply not that productive last year.

2005 770 yards receiving, 2004 he had 1084

Last year Rod Smith had 1105 yards receiving, so he is definately getting the rock more.

Is it work ethic? Chemistry? What do you guys think?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Boltbaby; 04-09-2006 at 10:25 AM..
Old 04-09-2006, 10:34 AM
I BELIEVE

they were pitching the ball to rod more thats all and they had some other recievers they were working in and plus they ran the ball a heck of a lot more with the three running back situation last year which still is killing me.. i cant understand how he continuously comes out with all these running backs.. crazy stuff

My Draft.. Draft BPA in each pick!!!
Old 04-09-2006, 10:50 AM
UnModerated

Deep threat:

Would you want Ashlie Lelie on the Chargers?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-09-2006, 11:17 AM
its magic & im foolin you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltbaby
When Lelie first started in Denver he looked like he was going to be scary as hell. As a Charger fan, I shuddered thinking that Denver would have this deep threat for years to come. The guy was so athletic and could come down with balls I've only seen Moss catch.

Last year Rod Smith had 1105 yards receiving, so he is definately getting the rock more.

In my opion it has to be a little of both the offense sceam shifted ther game plan and it showed.That also may also affected his ethics or moral.
Funny thing is a friend of mine lives in denver and told me to expect this from lelie.(we have a joke about how did you get these ideas. Madden 06 its like a crystal ball. He said the second or third season denver cuts him its b.s. we both know but its fun.To be honest with you on my list of big body recievers i had hime in the middle of the pack.Its hard theres alot of stars on the broncos to spread the ball out and weare down a good defense.I think he would be able to over come his weakness on another team that could reasly put him to work.The chargers would be a o.k place for him.Maybe when V.jackson is ready we could have two big body recievers.Trust me i like the recievers we have but mccardell is in his 14-15 season and i do respect that.
Old 04-09-2006, 12:14 PM
bigbolthead21

There is also trade rumors involving Lelie. The rumor is Lelie being traded to the Packers or 9ers
Old 04-09-2006, 12:30 PM
2006 PICK'EM CHAMPION!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltbaby

It's his hands. He drops a lot of throws that should be caught. He is talked about on the Denver MB as another bust. They seem to be down on Watts as well. I think that they were 1st and 2nd round picks for Denver. Shanna-rat will hopefully draft some more busts this year with their two first round picks.

Old 04-09-2006, 12:56 PM
UnModerated

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanluischargerfan
It's his hands. He drops a lot of throws that should be caught. He is talked about on the Denver MB as another bust. They seem to be down on Watts as well. I think that they were 1st and 2nd round picks for Denver. Shanna-rat will hopefully draft some more busts this year with their two first round picks.
I'm all for that!

Old 04-09-2006, 01:01 PM
Moderator of Delusions

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCUFAN#5
they were pitching the ball to rod more thats all and they had some other recievers they were working in and plus they ran the ball a heck of a lot more with the three running back situation last year which still is killing me.. i cant understand how he continuously comes out with all these running backs.. crazy stuff
O-line. Denver has a solid O-line. Not a great one like KC or Seattle. Just consistently good.

The best Offense is a good Defense.
Old 04-09-2006, 01:46 PM
SecAsianMan007

Ever since he came out I've been reading rumor mills stating how the Bronco's staff was displeased with his work ethic and maturity.
Old 04-09-2006, 01:56 PM
BoltsaremyGod

Lets see what went wrong...

A non-spectacular college WR comes to the combine with blazing speed and shouts up the draft charts. Then the realization hits that there is more to a WR than just speed.

Hmmm....can you say Chad Jackson?