Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > AFC West
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2006, 09:44 PM
Hall of Famer

I loathe the broncos and hate the raiders--denver is a cool city with nice people but their team has the ugliest uniforms

and the dirtiest OL in the whole league--if you don't believe me ask jammal williams
Old 08-11-2006, 07:49 PM
Hall of Famer

Default Six-man undrafted class set to make an impact

08/11/2006 Denver Post

Detroit - While Mike Bell may be the most well-known early-August undrafted free agent in NFL history, other undrafted Broncos also are prepared to make an impact.

Bell, who stunned the NFL world this week by rising to the top of Denver's depth chart at tailback, leads a strong rookie free-agent class of six. The others are receiver Brian Clark, linebacker Cameron Vaughn, defensive tackle Antwon Burton, safety Tyler Everett and fullback Rashon Powers-Neal. Unlike most teams, Denver traditionally signs a small undrafted class.

"We really like what we have this year," Broncos general manager Ted Sundquist said. "It's a strong group."

Vaughn and Burton have worked with the second team, and Clark and Everett also have had strong camps.

All the undrafted free agents are expected to play significant time tonight in the preseason opener against the Detroit Lions at Ford Field.

"We all feel that Denver is a place that will give you a fair shake whether you were drafted or not," said Clark, a North Carolina State alumnus. "This is a franchise that will give anyone a shot to make the 53-man roster. The Broncos don't care where you were drafted. They just want to find players."

Jets looking at tailbacks?

Because of the uncertainty surrounding injury-plagued New York Jets running back Curtis Martin, several New York-area media outlets are speculating that the team will pursue a running back. Broncos running back Tatum Bell has been mentioned in some reports, but it is unlikely anything would develop soon.

Much of the speculation likely is fueled because Tatum Bell was bypassed by Mike Bell, who will start tonight at Detroit. Tatum Bell will remain the No. 2 tailback, and former No. 1 Ron Dayne has slipped to No. 3.

It's unlikely the Broncos would move a veteran tailback before being confident in Mike Bell, based on preseason efforts. Denver coach Mike Shanarat said this week that regardless of Mike Bell's startling rise, Tatum Bell is an important part of the team because of his game-breaking speed.

"Tatum is a guy you want on your team," Shanarat said.

Tatum Bell's agent, Jeff Griffin, said he and his client are not looking for a trade.
"Tatum is concentrating on doing his best for the Broncos," Griffin said.

Special looks

Former Lions receiver David Kircus, a Michigan native, will get his first chance to make an impression on the Broncos tonight on special teams. Kircus, who has been impressive as a receiver, is expected to return kicks and punts.

Mike Bell may also get some returns. Top punt returner Darrent Williams will not play on special teams tonight, Shanarat said.

Security concerns

The international air travel security alert affected the Broncos' travel Thursday. The team had an early, 20-minute walkthrough emphasizing special teams. Shanarat said the team met and adjusted plans after news broke Thursday morning about the terrorist arrests in England. "It's scary," Shanarat said. "But we have to react accordingly when things like this happen."

Five goals
Broncos reporter Bill Williamson lists five things the team needs to accomplish in tonight's preseason opener at Detroit:

1. Undrafted rookie Mike Bell to show he can handle being the No. 1 tailback.

2. Top draft choice Jay Cutler to shine as the No. 2 quarterback.

3. Rookie wide receiver Brandon Marshall to continue his push to be the No. 3 receiver.

4. The defensive front to show it can create a pass rush.

5. Paul Ernster to push Micah Knorr as a replacement for punter Todd Sauerbrun while Sauerbrun serves an NFL suspension the first four games of the regular season.
`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ````````````
http://www.insidebayarea.com/sports/ci_4166862
Nolan said he did not know the source of a recent rumor in which the Denver Broncos offered the 49ers a first-round draft choice for Smiley.

Last edited by ftwbolt; 08-11-2006 at 07:54 PM..
Old 08-11-2006, 11:50 PM
Hall of Famer

Jay Cutler looks good, i love his arm. That said i hope he never plays well against us and takes a couple of good hits from Foley and Co.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-12-2006, 03:09 AM
So.CalBRONCOFAN

WOW! Cutler looked awesome in his first pre-season game! It looked like he had been playing for two years. He had almost 200 yards and an impressive touchdown pass...Our future looks bright if he plays like this all the time, but again...its preseason..
Old 08-13-2006, 01:23 PM
BigKeefSun

Default C'mon

Why would us Charger fans worry about any other team in the west? We will easily dominate all of them! We no longer have any weaknesses! Anyone see Rivers lastnight? How bout Cromartie? I have been watching these guys in practice, and they looked the same last night! Doubters must take their heads out of the sand!!!
Old 08-16-2006, 12:37 AM
Prodigal19

Quote:
Originally Posted by drangus
I loathe the broncos and hate the raiders--denver is a cool city with nice people but their team has the ugliest uniforms

and the dirtiest OL in the whole league--if you don't believe me ask jammal williams
Dirty? They play completely by the rules. Thats like saying that punching in boxing is dirty. The jamal williams incident was infortunate, but nobody felt worse about it than foster.
Old 08-16-2006, 12:38 AM
Prodigal19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKeefSun
Why would us Charger fans worry about any other team in the west? We will easily dominate all of them! We no longer have any weaknesses! Anyone see Rivers lastnight? How bout Cromartie? I have been watching these guys in practice, and they looked the same last night! Doubters must take their heads out of the sand!!!
I seem to remember chargers fans saying this before last year as well.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:18 AM
TY Kris Dielman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal19
I seem to remember chargers fans saying this before last year as well.
I seem to remember Donks fans saying it before '04.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:06 PM
Prodigal19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderstruck
I seem to remember Donks fans saying it before '04.
good point
trash talk is useless. I dont even know why I pay attention to it.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:46 AM
You CAN'T Run!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal19
good point
trash talk is useless. I dont even know why I pay attention to it.
because it's oh so fun