Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2019, 08:37 AM
Hall of Famer

Someone has stats of the OL of N-E vs BAL?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Maniaque 5
Old 01-12-2019, 12:05 PM
City of Smog and Angels

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCPB View Post
Which team's running game worries you more? Baltimore or New England?
New England and it's not close. I'm way more afraid of a good rushing attack paired with a great passing attack than I am of an excellent rushing offense with a nonexistent passing attack. If you don't have to worry about an entire dimension of offense, it makes things far easier. See: last weekend.
Old 01-12-2019, 12:05 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniaque 5 View Post
Someone has stats of the OL of N-E vs BAL?
They didn't play. They did play #1 sack team Pit & only gave up 1. On the other hand they lost and committed an unusual # of penalties (for NE). I'm thinking pressure had something to do with it.
Old 01-12-2019, 12:49 PM
Hall of Famer

With New England's more typical rushing attack, I believe we will have at least 1 LB in at all times. Why not put Nwosu at MIKE? Serves 3 purposes... (1) Gives us someone bigger and stronger to address NE's running game (2) Provides interior pass rush (Brady hates) when they pass. (3) IIRC, Nwosu was good at getting hands up at the LOS in college and batting a lot of passes down. Brady loves to get rid of the ball quickly to inside receivers.

The other issues involve covering Gronk and White (out of the backfield). Put James and Phillips on either side of Nwosu. They have RB/TE responsibilities or can flood inside passing lanes...
Old 01-12-2019, 01:39 PM
Hall of Famer

I rewind.
Someone has stats that compare the OLs of BAL and N-E?
# of sacks allowed or somethings like that.

Maniaque 5
Old 01-12-2019, 10:02 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniaque 5 View Post
I rewind.
Someone has stats that compare the OLs of BAL and N-E?
# of sacks allowed or somethings like that.
NE QB sacked 21 times, Balt 32 in reg season. It's more about Belichick & Brady than the OL.
The scheme is designed to take advantage of Brady's ability to make the read and get the ball out quick. They don't take many sacks....against most D's. We ain't most D's. LAC will get pressure.
Old 01-12-2019, 10:13 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltnut View Post
With New England's more typical rushing attack, I believe we will have at least 1 LB in at all times. Why not put Nwosu at MIKE? Serves 3 purposes... (1) Gives us someone bigger and stronger to address NE's running game (2) Provides interior pass rush (Brady hates) when they pass. (3) IIRC, Nwosu was good at getting hands up at the LOS in college and batting a lot of passes down. Brady loves to get rid of the ball quickly to inside receivers.

The other issues involve covering Gronk and White (out of the backfield). Put James and Phillips on either side of Nwosu. They have RB/TE responsibilities or can flood inside passing lanes...
Because Nwosu has never played MIKE. These guys are not plug and play, especially a talented but raw rookie. MIKE requires a lot of read and requisition let alone play calling. Who had the headset in that situation?
Old 01-12-2019, 11:05 PM
<< . . . . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdchrger View Post
Because Nwosu has never played MIKE. These guys are not plug and play, especially a talented but raw rookie. MIKE requires a lot of read and requisition let alone play calling. Who had the headset in that situation?
Umm excuse me: "next man up" means that everyone is plug and play.

Geesh.
Old 01-12-2019, 11:19 PM
First member of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post
Umm excuse me: "next man up" means that everyone is plug and play.

Geesh.
So, if the QB gets hurt - you put in an OG to replace him? Come on man - next man up means the next man that plays the position. Nwosu didn't play Mike at USC and he hasn't played it with the Bolts.

Old 01-13-2019, 02:24 AM
Hall of Famer

If they have someone else that makes the calls
prior to the snap it may work. My first impression
of Nwosu when drafted was his size. He's 250 plus
and I wondered can he play MLB too? Brady's
kryptonite is being physically harassed in the
middle of the pocket. It's the shortest point to any
QB.

Nwosu is capable of being Kawika Mitchell...
a MLB who was credited with the 1st sack of 5
against the Patriots. Giants handed a major
physical whooping and ultimately a come from
behind win in the Super Bowl.

Great idea...maybe this is up Gus's sleeve. Be
interesting to see. Go Bolts!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltnut View Post